Chapter 55: Spectator and Conclusion
223 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazue POV 

  

  

  

  

“Uwah…” 

I’ve activated my skill (Concentration) to keenly watch the fight of the adventurers against the Kobold King. 

With the use of this skill, my perception has increased as time has slowed down. 

My eyes followed the movements of the three B-rank adventurers who were fighting against the Kobold King. 

I felt that I was going dizzy. 

  

  

“Uwah…” <Kazue> 

I could not help but be astounded watching them. 

It was like I was watching some kind of special effect production of a top-notch fantasy action movie. 

I could tell just by watching how much these guys are capable of. 

And I say, they are amazing. 

[Really, all I could do was express my amazement.] 

"Uwah..."<Kazue> 

  

  

With a sword and a shield. 

The white-furred kobold wielding a sword and a shield fought against the powerful B-rank adventurers. 

The Kobold King moved at a speed greater than even that of Chance-san. 

I was already impressed with Chance-san's speed earlier, but compared to the Kobold King, he paled in comparison. 

  

  

The collateral damage caused by the monster’s blows was no joke. 

My most powerful attack, (Decapitation Slash) plus (Aura Blade) buff, was nothing compared to those devastating blows. 

Even the normal attacks of the Kobold King were already stronger than my strongest attack. 

Kobe Yasuo, the kobold general I fought was nothing compared to this beast. 

Not to mention that from time to time, skills are being unleashed with incomparable power than normal attacks. 

I assume that those blows were skills similar to my (Decapitation Slash) and Andrew-san's (Power Slash). 

To be honest, I could not believe how much different my ability was compared to that. 

In simple words, my attacks were like a joke compared to those slashes the Kobold King executes. 

  

  

On the other hand, Vred-san, Rozos-san, and Hayden-san were doing well against the Kobold King. 

Individually, they could not take on the Kobold King but collectively, they are managing to hold on. 

Rozos-san, who is a Tank, lacks the speed to contest against the Kobold King. 

Despite that, he's probably the only person there who is capable of receiving the Kobold King’s devastating attacks. 

He may not stand a chance alone, but he was the only person out of all the people here who were capable of tanking the kobold king's attacks. 

He's also using a skill that can force the Kobold king to face him heads on. 

He used (Taunt) and some other skill similar to it to keep the Kobold King focused its attack on him. 

He's keeping all the monsters "Agro" all to himself. 

  

  

Vred-san on the other hand is the only person who can match the Kobold King’s speed. 

Whenever the Kobold King escapes from the clasp of Rozos-san’s skills effects, Vred was there to keep the monster busy. 

With Vred's help, Rozos would be able to force the monster to face him with the use of his skill. 

The two are making sure that Hayden-san would not get attacked during that duration. 

  

  

Vred-san would unleash powerful attacks with his spear. 

Although it's not powerful enough to inflict substantial damage on the Kobold king, his attacks can still be considered effective. 

The only reason why his attack does not inflict fatal damage is not that it was weak. 

His attacks were almost as devastating as the Kobold King’s attacks, if not stronger. 

It was lacking because of how sturdy the Kobold King was. 

Despite being small and skinny, it was unbelievably sturdy compared to how it looked. 

The armor it wears may have something to do with this, but that itself could not explain the vitality of this monster. 

They were able to hurt the kobold king but for some reason, the injuries would regenerate in an instant. 

  

  

This is where Hayden-san comes in. 

His magic attacks were simply amazing. 

The sheer firepower of those magic attacks cannot be compared to what Rozos and Vred hope to produce. 

He was the primary damage dealer, although he could only attack during the times when Rozos-san locks the Kobold King to himself with his skill. 

He would have to wait for intervals to do those devastating attacks. 

  

  

As I was emersed watching them fight, miss Lavi asked me a question. 

“How is it Kazue-chan? Want to join the boss fight?” <Lavi> 

I vigorously shook my head to show my disagreement. 

[Are you crazy?!] 

“fufufu, I was just joking… but for example, you’re not injured and in perfect shape to fight, can you help to fight the boss?” <Lavi> 

“Hahaha, NO.” <Kazue> 

I implicitly refused with a serious expression on my face. 

[You’re asking me to join that high-level battle? NO! NO! NO! it’s impossible. Don’t even think about it, I’d die.] 

Not unless I was as strong as Hano, I may be able to help but as I am right now, there's no way I can help in any way or form. 

  

  

“Right, at least you know your limits. If you were to say that you “can” help then I would be laughing at you right now.” <Lavi> 

“Right…” <Kazue> 

[??] 

  

  

“Miss Lavi, are you not going to help to fight the Kobold King?” <Kazue> 

“Hmnn? Nope, not unless things turn to worst.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi replied with a carefree tone. 

She was too relaxed to a fault. 

I furrowed my brows at her to show my discontentment. 

This made miss Lavi wave her hands in front of her face. 

  

  

“Oh don’t misunderstand me. If I help right now It would not be a challenge for those guys. After all, they are fighting the Kobold King to gain accomplishments. If I help them it would end up for naught. I can take on that monster on my own after all.” <Lavi> 

With her unexpected reply, I could not help but open my eyes wide. 

[What? Did she just say that she can take on that boss on her own? Ehhh!!!] 

“Ehh?!” <Kazue> 

“What?! You don’t believe me? It’s not to brag but I’ve already defeated that boss alone before.” <Lavi> 

“EHHH??!!” <Kazue> 

  

  

[Just how strong is she if she’s capable of soloing that monster? She’s also a B-rank adventurer like Vred-san and company, right? You’re telling me she has the same rank as them despite being that strong?] 

I held up my hand to stop her from talking as I held my head. 

[ah, my head is starting to hurt.] 

“OK… Ok…” <Kazue> 

“Well, that is the reason why I’m in charge of dealing with the unexpected situations that would happen during the raid.” <Lavi> 

“Uhhh… that makes sense.” <Kazue> 

  

  

The fight with the Kobold King continues. 

The fight continued the same way with Rozos-san keeping the Kobold King in front of him and taking on all of the powerful attacks of the boss monster. 

At this point, the C-rank adventurers have already successfully defeated the Kobold General. 

Unfortunately, only the healers, magicians, and ranged attackers could join the fight. 

  

  

“Hmnn? Why did the melee fighters not help on attacking the boss?” <Kazue> 

I asked in confusion. 

“Hahaha, Kazue-Chan… just like you, there is no way they can help… the same reason applies to the Melee fighters as you do. If they try to get close to that Kobold King, they would incur massive injury if they get hit once. To avoid unnecessary injuries, only the range attackers are the only ones who could help with the offensive role. Those melee fighters could only try to protect the ranged attackers and the healers from here on.” <Lavi> 

“True… it is safer to attack from far away… I see... I guess that makes sense.” <Kazue> 

As for the moment, the only melee fighter who is fighting the Kobold King up front was Vred and Rozos. 

All of the other melee fighters have stayed back protecting the mages, archers, and Healers, and formed a defensive wall. 

  

  

This continued for a short while. 

“I think it’s about time.” <Lavi> 

“?? Time? For what?” <Kazue> 

“Just wait a bit… you’ll see it soon enough.” <Lavi> 

It did not take long for me to see what Miss Lavi was talking about. 

The Kobold King has accumulated quite an amount of damage. 

Its regeneration could not keep up and visible damage can be seen after all those bombardments of magic, arrows, and the attacks from Rozos and Vred’s powerful attacks. 

Out of nowhere. 

  

  

“AWOOOOOOOOOOO” <Kobold KING> 

The Kobold King made a howling noise. 

The howl made the same effect as the skill (Howl). 

Rozos and Vred were pushed back from the invisible pressure it produced. 

“It’s turning to its phase 2, prepare!” <Rozos> 

[Phase 2? Do they mean the boss phase? Oh, the boss is transforming.] 

Similar to when I fought against the Kobold General, the Kobold King also transformed in the same way. 

The wound of the Kobold King started glowing like embers. 

“That’s…” <Kazue> 

  

  

“Hmnn? Is there a problem Kazue-chan?” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi noticed that I reacted when the Kobold King transformed. 

“No, it’s just looked similar to the Kobold General I fought when it transformed…” <Kazue> 

“??! The kobold general you fought transformed?!” <Lavi> 

“Huh?” <Kazue> 

I did not expect miss Lavi to get surprised. 

[Now that I think about it, the Kobold Generals that we fought here did not transform like what happened during the time I fought Kobe Yasuo. Maybe? Kobe Yasuo was just that special?] 

  

  

Miss Lavi tilted her head, she was still waiting for my response, thus I answered. 

“No, it’s just that the Kobold General I fought transformed like that.” <Kazue> 

“Oh, that’s odd… so you encountered something special. I’m surprised you survived.” <Lavi> 

“Well… I got Lucky…” <Kazue> 

“fufufu how modest.~” <Lavi> 

[No… seriously… if Isamu wasn’t there, I would have died… really… now that I think about it I was really lucky huh…] 

  

  

As expected, the Kobold King transformed the same way Kobe Yasuo did when I fought him. 

If this was the same as what happened with Kobe Yasuo… then… 

  

  

The Kobold King dropped his sword and shield. 

It became feral, like an untamed beast ready to rampage. 

The Kobold King crouched and stood with his four limbs like a wolf would do. 

Steam started steaming from its mouth. 

The blood that oozed out of its body flowed like Lava. 

“It’s the same…" <Kazue> 

[If that is the case the attack power of that monster would increase greatly. Can Rozos-san resist the Kobold King’s blow?] 

“From now on… Victory will now depend on Rozos’ ability to take on the attack of the monster. If he’s lacking then even with Vred's ability that monster would still be able to destroy their formation, leading to their defeat.” 

  

  

Rozos-san screams and yelled names of unfamiliar skills in succession. 

Those are skills that I’ve never seen before. 

"(DEFENCE WALL), (UNMOVING), (SACRIFICE), (GUARDIAN), (PROVOKE)" 

Rozos body glowed in multiple layers of light protecting his body. 

The kobold pounced toward Rozos and swung its claws toward him. 

Rozos held up his shield and blocked the blow while clenching his teeth. 

The Kobold King swung its claws and an explosion of pressure was produced from the clash of Rozos’ shield and the claws of the Kobold King. 

  

  

Despite receiving such a powerful attack Rozos was not fazed. 

He took on the blow like a champ without even flinching. 

Although the attack of the Kobold King did not end with just one swing. 

It was just one out of the many more attack to come. 

  

  

-boom- -boom- -boom- -boom- -boom- -boom- 

  

  

A consecutive explosion of pressure was produced by the attack of the Kobold King but Rozos was able to gobble up all of those attacks like it was nothing. 

“He looks unfazed… it looks like it’s going to be OK.” <Kazue> 

“Well… for now… but when the effect of his buff fades… I wonder how he would react.” <Lavi> 

  

  

Rozos is giving out commands as he took on the attacks of the Kobold King. 

Time passed and one by one the light protecting his body started to disappear one after the other. 

Just as miss Lavi has predicted. 

With each light fading away the more pronounced the effect of the kobold king’s attacks affects Rozos. 

When all the lights faded it was quite noticeable that he could no longer take on the attacks of the Kobold King and was starting to get pushed back. 

He started to accumulate injuries with each attack of the Kobold King. 

This time around the healers started focusing their healing magic on Rozos. 

I even wondered if his shield would be able to hold up. 

Rozos was bleeding all over his body at the same time his armor was damaged everywhere. 

He looks pummeled and his eyes looked hazy from all the damage he received. 

  

  

“Here it is…” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi said in a quite worried tone… 

Since miss Lavi seems to expect something to happen, I decided to observe the battle more carefully. 

Then I notice that the kobold King jumped back. 

Its eyes glowed for a moment and stiffen in place. 

I feel that something big was about to happen, I could feel dangerous pressure coming from the Kobold general. 

It cocked its head upward as if preparing to roar. 

A certain glow appeared inside its mouth. 

[What’s that…] 

I watched in wonder and I suddenly felt chills up my spine. 

  

  

At last, it roared forward. 

But instead of expecting the sound to come out of its mouth, a beam of light shoots out of it. 

The beam was shot directly at Rozos-san. 

The beam traveled at a speed that was impossible for Rozos to dodge, all that Rozos could do was to receive the attack heads on. 

  

  

[OMG! A FREAKING LASER CAME OUT OF ITS MOUTH! A HYPER BEAM!!! AN ENERGY BLAST!] 

I got excited seeing such skill with my eyes. 

I could only wish to see this type of Laser beam or Energy beams or whatever you want to call it in Anime or Games. 

To see those types of attacks I see in games or Anime in person was awe-inspiring. 

It looked so cool and at the same time, I could feel the danger it poses but it only made it better. 

[Well… if that attack is directed at me, I would have been scared to death.] 

The only reason I have the luxury to look at such an attack with such eyes was that I was not fighting the monster in person. 

I was thankful that I was only watching by the sideline. 

As expected of a side character like me. 

  

  

Rozos blocked the blast with his shield and received it fully. 

The light spreads in every direction as it clashed with Rozos' shield. 

As he was blocking the attack, he was being pushed back to several meters. 

  

  

The attack lasted for about 5 seconds. 

The Energy Blast faded. 

Rozos who directly took on that attack was not unharmed. 

It was as if the attack has drained all of his energy and caused him to fall to his knees. 

It was quite obvious that he needs time to recuperate. 

  

  

At that time Vred stepped up in front and fought against the Kobold King. 

Luckily, because of that "Energy Blast" attack, the Kobold king has returned to his normal state. 

Without its sword and spear, Vred was somehow able to fight the Kobold king to a certain extent. 

Although, the ranged attackers could not attack since they want to avoid friendly fire. 

Other Melee fighters could not help either since if they do, they would only become dead weight. 

Meanwhile, the Clerics proceeded to heal Rozos and made him drink several Mana Potions too. 

Vred is simply buying time for Rozos. 

  

  

“Oh, wow! he managed to block better than I expected…” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi looked amused rather than concerned toward Rozos who was on his knees. 

I think she was even expecting Rozos to receive more damage than just what he received. 

[I feel that for some reason I think that miss Lavi might be an “S”.] 

I gave her a disgusted look but she only smiled innocently as if nothing is wrong. 

[Scary] 

  

  

Miss Lavi’s face twisted and looked disappointed. 

“??? Is there a problem Miss Lavi?” <Kazue> 

“No… It’s just that we are already past the climax of the fight and I don’t think I’ll have my turn…” <Lavi> 

“Ahuh… that’s… a good thing… right?” <Kazue> 

“Well… I suppose that’s true but it’s boring…” <Lavi> 

“Ahuh…” <Kazue> 

She was sulking like a child and to be honest she looked cute, but there was no way I’m telling her that. 

  

  

Judging by the way Lavi said those words, it seems that the fight was already decided. 

[Maybe that Energy beam was its “ace in the hole” and since it had failed, the battle was pretty much decided] 

Well, it was not as if we suffered no damage, it’s just that the healers, the ranged attackers, the melee fighters, and the vanguards have done their job well. 

To be honest I was expecting this monster to have its 3rd form but I guess that’s not happening. 

[How should I put this, it’s kinda… anti-climactic?] 

  

  

I remember the times when I was playing coop games, specifically RPG online games. 

When a raid party has done their job to support the “Main Damage Dealers” and the “Tanks” the raid would end up just like this. 

The raiding party will slowly, but surely scrape off the HP of the Boss until it dies with the cooperation of a well build raid party. 

You would not be able to appreciate the fight if you were just watching others play. 

The fun can only be felt if you are participating in the fight. 

This is true even if you’re just a healer. 

The sense of thrill and the adrenaline of fighting the boss makes it all more satisfying. 

That may be the reason why I think it was a little bit “anti-climactic.” 

  

  

But well… if this were a novel, the hero would encounter something “unexpected” that will put the whole raid team in danger. 

Then the Hero will show his “amazing” ability to solve the problem. 

At the end of the day, the raiding party will appreciate the hero performing his “heroics” by saving the raiding party and the raid as a whole. 

[I guess that is not how things work huh?] 

  

  

When the whole party plays out their roles skillfully, the chances of the raid ending up successful are high. 

On the contrary, if they did not manage to do their roles well, then the raid has a high probability of Failure. 

Miss Lavi has already deduced that the raid party’s ability is enough to clear the boss room successfully. 

As someone who already defeated the boss before, she already knew that the raid party's ability was already good enough to defeat the boss. 

  

  

I should say… 

I am quite thankful that Hano and his party are not here. 

If not, I would not be surprised if the boss would do something “out of the norm” and create chaos. 

[This confirms that I am not the protagonist or some sort of hero, right?] 

After all, I’m just a typical girl with above-average abilities, nothing more nothing less. 

[Uh… I guess being an oracle of a god is negating all of my claims. That should not be the case, right?] 

  

  

The boss fight lasted for a few more minutes. 

Rozos rejoined the fight after getting healed. 

Vred-san has used a skill called (Dragon Spear Thrust). 

His spear has pierced the Kobold King’s heart with his flashy spear-based skill. 

The Kobold king fell on the floor with the spear still pierce on its chest. 

Thus, the Kobold King was defeated. 

  

  

All of the adventurers around were exhausted. 

The boss raid lasted for almost an hour.  

“Kazue-chan, who do you think contributed the most to this boss raid?” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi asked for my opinion. 

Three people immediately came to mind, not because they were B-rank adventurers but because they were the key figure who contributed to the defeat of the boss. 

Of course, those three are Vred-san, Rozos-san, and Hayden-san. 

Hayden-san dealt the most damage to the boss with his powerful magic. 

Vred-san who suppress the boss made the fight a lot easier, faster, and more efficient at the same time he delivered the final blow on the boss, and… 

Rozos-san has made the whole raid possible, by tanking the devastating attacks of the Kobold King protecting everyone behind his shield. 

This raid would not be a success if one of them were not present. 

But, if I am to choose, the one who contributed the most to this raid is… 

  

  

“Rozos-san… I guess?” <Kazue> 

“And the reason?” <Lavi> 

“Well, I guess it’s because he was able to successfully fulfill his role. I think that his role on this raid was the most demanding… I guess?” <Kazue> 

Miss Lavi listens to my reason without a word, she did not deny nor accepted my reason. 

“hmnn…” <Lavi> 

  

  

“WE'VE DEFEATED THE BOSS!!!” <Vred> 

Vred-san who was the one who delivered the final blow to the Boss declared victory by raising his right hand into the air. 

It was a perfect victory pose if I must say. 

-ROAR- 

  

  

The adventurers who joined the raid raised their voices and roared. 

They started to congratulate each other. 

Shaking hands, bumping fists, giving a shoulder to one another. 

The atmosphere was happy. 

After a grueling hour-long battle, the boss battle had ended. 

They proceeded to open the treasure chest located deep inside the room. 

In curiosity, I decided to take a peek at those treasure chests. 

There they found a total of three treasure chests. 

They opened the content of each treasure chest and the 3 B-ranks took 1 item to their liking amongst the content of those treasure chests. 

As expected, they took precious-looking items or equipment. 

The content of those three-treasure chests was divided amongst the adventurers who joined the raid. 

  

  

We then proceed to exit the dungeon. 

Thus, my first dungeon raid experience came to its conclusion. 

14