Chapter 56: Reward and the Cooking Skill
277 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazue POV 

  

 

 

  

We have returned to the city of Luron. 

The members of the raiding party have all gathered at the entrance of the guild building. 

There, I reunited with Andrew-san’s party. 

Their injuries have been healed by healers in the adventurer's guild. 

When I was about to chat with them out of courtesy, my familiars came at me. 

Although we've only been away for not even a day, my familiars seemed to have missed my presence and became so touchy. 

They wanted me to praise them. 

So... I did. 

I hugged them and caress their fluffy furs. 

"Ahh~ so fluffy... It heals my soul..." <Kazue> 

  

  

Meanwhile... 

All of the adventurers who participated in the raid are waiting at the lobby/eatery of the guild building. 

The injured are being treated by the healers in the guild. 

Since I too was injured I was also healed by those healers. 

They managed to heal my broken arm. 

They can use healing magic that can heal even broken bones and the most serious injuries. 

  

  

I learned that these healers are not adventurers. 

These healers are on standby in the guild at all times.  

They are exclusive guild personnel who does not participate in raids or quest as they have zero fighting prows. 

They often work with the guild similar to part-timers. 

Sometimes they even work in the guild as a receptionist or some kind of staff. 

Their healing magic is advanced enough to heal even the most serious injuries. 

As long as you're not dead, there is a high chance that they could still save you. 

  

  

Unfortunately, even though they have this kind of healing talent they are unable to accompany adventurers in their missions. 

Their physical abilities limit them to join. 

They could not explore in dungeons or the fields. 

This was because of their low physical stats; they would only drag others down. 

If they were to join an exploration, adventurers would have to carry them, literally. 

Adventurers have to rest often as their stamina is low. 

They are too slow to run away from danger. 

So, in the end, it could not be helped that they could only work from within the guild. 

  

  

I got treated by these talented healers and my broken arm was healed. 

I ended up paying 150,000 DAL, almost spending all of the remaining money at hand to pay for the treatment. 

[I guess that's fine... after all the potion capable of healing this type of injury is worth millions.] 

The broken bone was healed but for some reason, it still hurts. 

I still have to rest for a day or two. 

  

  

After getting healed I lined up together with the other members of the raiding party. 

At the moment we are lining up at the guild receptionist's table to receive our rewards. 

I’m quite confident that I’ve earned quite a sum of money during this event. 

While I am waiting, I suddenly had the urge to check my status. 

  

  

“Status” 

 

-Kazue-

Spoiler

 

HP:       100.00% 

MP:      100.00% 

Name: Mizusawa Kazue 

Rank:   E 

Title: 

                              Alpha Dog 

                              Undead Slayer 

                              Challenger 

                              Apprentice Oracle of the God of Judgement 

                              Kobold Slayer 

Level: 

14 

Stats: 

              SRT: 54 (+20)   VIT: 37 (+10) 

              AGI: 65 (+10)   LUC: 5 

              DEX: 48 (+5)    INT: 28 

  

Skills: 

              Katana Mastery (II) +(1) 

              Burst (II) +(1) 

              

Concentration (II) 

              Mana Shroud (II) 

              Aura Blade (II) 

              Katana Skill: Decapitation Slash (I) 

              Dodge (I) 

              

Critical (I) 

              Wolf Pact Mother 

  

Equips: 

Novice Katana 

(STR +5) 

  

Prototype Otherworldly SET 

(Auto Repair(All)), (Hear Regulation) (Elemental Resistance (15%)), (Magic Resist (12%)), (Light Magic: Anti Panty Flash), (Weigh Reduction (-10%)), (2% increase to Speed type Skills), (HP Regen 1%/Hour), (Auto Clean (Underwear Only))(Burst Skill +1), (Weapon Mastery Skill +1), (STR +15), (AGI + 10), (VIT +10), (DEX +5) 

[collapse]

 

-Isamu-

Spoiler

 

Familiar: Isamu 

Race: Blue-eyed Wolf 

Level: 7 

Stats: 

              STR: 35                VIT: 32 

              AGI: 18                LUC: 1 

              DEX: 6                 INT: 3 

  

Skills: 

               

              Fortify (I) 

              Bulk up (II) 

              Howl (I) 

              Body Weapon (II) 

              Natural Armor (II) 

              Taunt (I) 

              Sturdy 

              Megamorphosis 

[collapse]

 

-Kaori-

Spoiler

 

Familiar: Kaori 

Race: Blue-eyed Wolf 

Level: 8 

Stats: 

              STR: 17                VIT: 8 

              AGI: 18                LUC: 2 

              DEX: 6                 INT: 42 

  

Skills: 

               

              Mana Shield (I) 

              Wind Magic Mastery (I) 

              Breeze (I) 

              Water Magic Mastery (II) 

              Water Ball (II) 

              Mist Barrier (I) 

              Ice Magic Mastery (I) 

              Ice Needle (I) 

[collapse]

 

-Hayate-

Spoiler

 

Familiar: Hayate 

Race: Blue-eyed Wolf 

Level: 7 

Stats: 

              STR: 20                VIT: 10 

              AGI: 47                LUC: 15 

              DEX: 23               INT: 6 

  

Skills: 

              Stealth (II) 

              Critical (I) 

              Burst (I) 

              Cotton feet (I) 

              Body Weapon (I) 

              Olfactory Sense (I) 

              Auditory Sense (I) 

              6th Sense (I) 

              Detect (I) 

[collapse]

 

  

  

Studying my status, I’ve noticed that I gained 2 new skills, (Dodge I) and (Critical I). 

I also level up by 1 level. 

Since increasing my level has been very hard lately, my interest was piqued more by the new skills I gained. 

Thus, I am happier with the new skills rather than the fact that I’ve leveled up. 

  

  

During the dungeon exploration, I have learned that aside from having high stats, having a variety of skills in your sleaves will help you a lot during battle. 

Leveling up almost held no meaning since you can also increase your stats with training, equipment, and a boost from skills. 

I am starting to think that leveling up is not that important. 

I am more eager to see that I have learned new skills rather than see my level going up. 

To be honest, I feel that I could just compensate for the increase in my stat from level up with some equipment’s effects. 

Unlike in the games in our world, there’s no such thing as “Level” requirements for equipping the equipment. 

I feel that the easiest way to get stronger is not by leveling up but rather by learning many skills and having the best equipment possible. 

  

  

As I remember... the only limit for equipping items... 

[I do remember hearing from Shai that a person could only equip a total of 10 items at once.] 

Since the “Prototype Otherworldly SET” is actually a collection of 7 items, it is counted as 7 equipped items, If I include the sword, then I could still equip 2 more Items. 

I also learned that the guild ring does not take up an “equipment” slot. 

Also, you only equip 1 item to familiars. 

  

  

Speaking of familiars… 

Kaori’s water-related magic skills increased by 1 level. 

Meanwhile, Isamu and Hayate learned new skills. 

Isamu learned the skill (Taunt I), while Hayate learned (Detect I). 

  

  

“Let’s see…” <Kazue> 

I am familiar with the skill (Taunt), it is the same skill that Andrew-san used on me during our duel. 

It is a skill that can force an enemy to target the caster by ignoring all other targets. 

I've experienced the effect of this skill firsthand. 

It could force the enemy to attack the user and so, I can say that it is very effective. 

It is a very useful skill to protect Kaori and can also be useful in many situations during battles. 

I’ve also seen this skill used during the battle with the Kobold King. 

That is why I am quite happy that Isamu has learned this skill. 

  

  

Next is Hayate’s newfound skill (Detect). 

Well since I have no idea what the skill does, I can only assume its effect through the skill's name. 

Judging by the skill's name it must be a skill related to scouting. 

[Yep, I am quite confident that is a type of “Scouting” skill.] 

It may also have other effects other than detecting enemies. 

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to know how this skill works. 

I can look for someone who knows about the skill’s effect later. 

If not, I will have to find a way to check the specifics of the skill later. 

  

  

And, as for me, I have learned the skills (Dodge), and (Critical). 

I am aware of how the skill (Critical) works, after all, this is a skill that Hayate possesses. 

(Critical) is a skill that boosts an attack's effectiveness when attacking “weak points” or enemies who are caught unawares. 

On the other hand (Dodge) is probably a skill related to dodging an enemy’s attack. 

Similar to the skill (Detect), I have to know the specifics I could only wish to guess its effect through the skills name. 

[Aa, seriously… This world is inconvenient. In most games I played, you can easily know the details about a skill by reading the skill’s so-called "skill description". Unfortunately, this world does not have that feature. If you want to learn about a skill you can look for someone who knows the effect of the skill or read about the skill’s effects in books. You can also ask a person with the skill (Skill Appraisal) for the detail of the skill.] 

“Come to think of it… I think Akemi has the job class Appraiser, I wonder if she can “appraise” skill?” <Kazue> 

  

  

I was lost in deep thought. 

“Did she lose her mind?” <Adventurer A> 

“She keeps on speaking to herself is she OK?” <Adventurer B> 

“Shsss!!! don’t look…” <Adventurer C> 

When I finally returned to my senses after being called by Krisha-san. 

I could not help but feel ashamed. 

I wanted to hide in a shell, so I once again lifted my hood to hide my face. 

I did not realize that I’d been muttering things to myself. 

As a result, the other adventurers are looking at me with doubtful gazes. 

Even miss Krisha was giving me a wry smile. 

“I don’t think hiding your face would help… Kazue” 

Since it was too late for me to hide my face now, I gave up and pull my hood back down. 

I handed her my guild card over the counter. 

The guild receptionist, Krisha started evaluating my results. 

  

  

Without delay, miss Krisha started to evaluate my results as soon as I handed her my guild card. 

“Mizusawa Kazue, E-rank. You’ve defeated a total of 39 Kobold Archers, 42 Kobold Knights, 18 Kobold Mage, 15 Kobold Shaman, 9 Kobold Elites, 2 Kobold Leaders, and 1 KOBOLD GENERAL?!” 

Krisha-san reads the result of my dungeon raid expedition in the "reading stone", I could sense her getting excited. 

As she reads my results, she has that expression of someone who could not believe what she was seeing. 

Her tone was mixed with shock and excitement as she reads. 

Despite all that, she looked proud of all my achievements. 

Well, even I know that I did a really good job this time. 

Don’t underestimate a person who is “motivated”, I did my best during this raid after all. 

Although my start was a bit “slow” because of the tricks my seniors played. 

I think I still managed to do a great job. 

  

  

[Come to think of it, what happened to those guys who were tricked by miss Lavi at the entrance of the dungeon?] 

I did end up leaving them behind without saying a word. 

As I was curious, I looked to find out if they are around. 

Then I saw those guys sitting on one of the dining tables of the guild's pub. 

They are visibly in a foul mood. 

“Oh…” <Kazue> 

I don’t even have to ask if they managed to gain something during this raid. 

They looked very dejected. 

It was as if they were cheated on. 

They were looking at our senpai with contempt. 

I could even guess what he was thinking. 

I bet these are on their minds "If only they did not trick us." or something along the line. 

  

  

They became even more dejected when they heard about my results. 

Their faces looked funny. 

[Well, I suppose that would be the case after all their party and I were both "newcomers" but I still manage to gain a lot from this event unlike them who almost had nothing to show.] 

I saw one of them making eye contact with me. 

He did not hide his contempt and looked at me with a hateful glare. 

He must be blaming me for not telling them about our senpai's trick. 

  

  

“Hey, isn’t that girl the girl who left us without saying anything about the senior's pranks?” <Member A> 

“Yeah… and look she even managed to earn so much…” <Member B> 

Those guys were glaring at me. 

[Well, it’s your fault for not realizing it earlier. Don’t blame me for being so stupid… I guess I can’t say that since I too was cheated.] 

I decided to just look away and ignore them altogether. 

  

  

When I compare my earnings versus the earnings of the parties of my seniors my total earnings are a little bit on the “Low” side. 

But well, unlike them who still have to divide these earnings between the members of the party equally, I still had more earnings individually. 

I have all the earnings for myself and I did not have to divide the earnings I received among party members. 

After all my party members are Isamu, Kaori, and Hayate. 

What is theirs is mine and what is mine is still mine. 

  

  

I could hear words like “WOW”, “Whoa”, and “OH!!!” amongst my fellow adventurers. 

When Krisha reads the part about me defeating a Kobold General, they could not help but react even more. 

I could hear the chatters of denial and envy from them. 

I could tell that even there were surprised with my results. 

[I guess they're just that jealous of what I've achieved on my own?] 

  

  

“Ah, I would also like to sell off these fangs as well” <Kazue> 

[Of course, don’t forget about the kobold fangs I collected from those kobolds I defeated.] 

  

  

“Here’s your rewards… with the total of all the kobolds you defeated, the quest reward, and the Kobold fangs you submitted. You’ll receive a total of 4,790,000 DAL.” 

Just now I only have 25,000 DAL remaining in my coin pouch but now I have 4,790,000 DAL. 

Upon hearing my total earnings my mouth perked up and formed a smile. 

I happily received that handsome amount of money. 

[I still haven’t sold the stuff I found in the treasure chest…] 

  

  

Krisha gave me a bag of coins containing the 4,790,000 DAL next to my guild cards. 

I quickly took the bag of coins and my guild cards and ran out of the guild building. 

Not minding anyone I rushed out of the guild. 

Following behind me was my familiars chasing after me. 

Because of my excitement, I could barely think about my newly healed left hand which was still hurting. 

I only have one thing in mind. 

  

  

I ran… 

Why am I running? Well… 

  

  

Like a child excited to buy snacks at the store after receiving his or her allowance. 

I too found myself standing in front of a shop. 

-fuuuuun- 

I exhaled all my excitement out of my nose and happily entered the shop. 

  

  

“EXCUSE ME!” <Kazue> 

“Welcome customer… Oh… you’re that girl from before.” <Shop Keeper> 

A man wearing a nice suit welcomed me. 

He remembers me from 4 days ago. 

The day before we left Luron to raid the dungeon, I happened to pass by this shop. 

The Magic Shop, the shop where the skill scroll “Cooking” was being sold. 

  

  

“I’ve come to buy the “Cooking” scroll!” <Kazue> 

“Oh, you managed to save up 5,000,000 DAL in just a few days?” <Shop Keeper> 

"I did my best during the raid!” <Kazue> 

“Raid… oh so you joined the Kobold dungeon Raid?” <Shop Keeper> 

“Yes~” <Kazue> 

  

  

As the two of us exchanged words, the Shop keeper took the skill scroll out of the glass case and placed it over the counter. 

I placed all of my earnings from the dungeon raid over the counter and gave it all without having any second thoughts. 

I was ready to spend all of this money to buy the skill scroll I wanted. 

“Here’s 4,790,000 DAL and…” <Kazue> 

I know that this amount was not enough to buy the skill scroll but I am certain that the treasures I found could easily compensate for what I lacked. 

I place several magic stones over the counter next to the money. 

“I would like to sell these too.” <Kazue> 

  

  

“These are… Mana Crystals…” <Shop Keeper> 

“yes… how much would you buy these things?” <Kazue> 

I did not sell all of the Mana Crystals I found in the dungeon. 

To be exact I am only selling the one I got from the first treasure chest I found during my exploration. 

The Mana Crystals I got from the second treasure chest were more precious than these. 

I decided to sell it away later. 

  

  

The shopkeeper looked at the Mana Crystals with keen eyes. 

He held up the glowing blue stones against the light and observed them like a professional gem appraiser. 

“Hmnn… these are mid-quality Mana Crystals… missy did you manage to find a treasure chest?” <Shop Keeper> 

“Exactly! Anyway… how much is it?” <Kazue> 

“Hmnn, since these are non-attributed Mana Crystals, I can buy each for 100,000 DAL” <Shop Keeper> 

  

  

[Yep, the price sounds about right...] 

Luckily Shai already informed me about the prices of such items when sold in the shops before. 

For example, the Mana Crystals I'm selling are "Non-attribute Mana Crystals”, they can be sold from 80,000 DAL up to 150,000 DAL depending on their quality. 

The expensive Mana Crystals are the “Elemental Mana Crystals”. 

Coincidentally some of the Mana Crystals I found inside the second treasure chest had those “Elemental Mana Crystals”. 

As far as I was informed, I can sell those for 500,000 DAL each. 

[I’ll sell them if I am in dire need of money later on… hehe.] 

  

  

I’ve placed a total of 17 non-attribute Mana Crystals. 

Thus, I managed to sell it for 1.7M DAL, now I have more than enough money to buy the skill scroll. 

He took just enough from within the bags of coins after subtracting the amount of the Mana Crystals. 

He left an excess of 1,490,000 DAL within the bag of coins and returned it to me while handing the skill scroll “Cooking”. 

We quickly finished our transaction and both of us were satisfied with the trade. 

  

  

  

“Thank you for your purchase” <Shop Keeper> 

“No, Thank you~” <Kazue> 

I quickly exit the shop and looked at the skill scroll in my hands. 

  

  

I took out my sword and made a small wound on my index finger to draw some blood. 

I opened the skill scroll and dropped my blood on it. 

I did this as this was the way to use the skill scrolls. 

In an instant, the skill scrolls float into the air and burned in a blue flame. 

Not even ash remained after it burned. 

“Whew~” <Kazue> 

Watching the process of using the skill scroll is very interesting. 

“Status” <Kazue> 

I checked my status using my guild ring and found the skill (Cooking I). 

I now learned the (Cooking) skill! 

  

  

It’s only level one but I am satisfied. 

[From here on, I don’t have to buy much ration food during my travels, I can just cook the meats of some edible monster I find during my travel. With this, I can save a lot of money and baggage space. After all, my dimensional bag has its limits, plus I want to taste other food other than smoked, salted, or dried food during my travels.] 

  

  

As excited as I was, I immediately tried this new skill (Cooking). 

It’s not to brag, but my cooking skill is quite good. 

After all, I am living alone in my apartment, it's time for me to show my exemptional home cooking skills. 

[I can even start a restaurant later on, hehe, just kidding.] 

  

  

  

  

A beautiful-looking food was served. 

For starters, I cooked a simple “Horned Rabbit steak.” 

The Sause looked nice, the meat was cooked well and the dish looked delicious. 

I even bought ingredients from all around the marketplace of the city near the plaza. 

I took a bite of the food that I prepared. 

  

  

After one bite, I could not help but to drop the eating utensil I have in my hands. 

A tear fell from my eyes. 

“…” <Kazue> 

Isamu, Kaori, and Hayate were looking at me with great expectations. 

This should be the first time these three would be able to taste their mother’s cooking. 

For once I wanted to reward their hard work during the dungeon raid with my OWN COOKING. 

  

  

“…”<Kazue> 

I became silent. 

“Guys… come here, try this.” <Kazue> 

I called out my three familiars and fed them food. 

“How is it? How does it taste like?” <Kazue> 

  

  

My familiar took a bite of the food I prepared. 

-whine- [It’s taste… almost nothing] <Isamu> 

-whine- [there is a taste but…] <Hayate> 

-whine- [Taste is too bland, tastes like water…] <Kaori> 

  

  

“What the hell is this?” <Kazue> 

The nice-looking dish I made tasted like… 

“Nothing…” <Kazue> 

[This can’t be…] 

  

  

Yes, the food I cooked tasted like it was watered down to its limit. 

It tasted so thin that it almost tasted “nothing”. 

Sure, the tenderness of the meat can still be felt but it was tasteless. 

  

  

Then I realized. 

The skill level was (I) at the same time my job class was not a “Cook”. 

Well, I am quite thankful that this time the food did not turn into charcoal but for it to taste this dry was outside my expectation. 

“… I guess it’s still edible.” <Kazue> 

I took another bite of the food I prepared. 

When eating the food I made, I feel like eating gum that lost its taste getting chewed for hours. 

“hue… huhuhu… Hahahaha” <Kazue> 

  

  

I looked up at the sky and place both of my eyes over my face. 

“All this for 5,000,000 DAL…” 

  

  

******************* 

  

Next day. 

  

  

I roam around the town to look for a certain individual. 

“Oh, there she is…” <Kazue> 

  

  

I ran toward a red-haired lady. 

This time around she was not wearing her revealing armor. 

She was wearing a simple pale-yellow shirt and baggy brown pants. 

Despite wearing these you can still see the nice curves of her body. 

 

 

LAvi

 

  

  

Miss Lavi, waves at me as she stood in front of the guild building. 

“Good morning miss Lavi.” <Kazue> 

“Good morning Kazue-chan, how’s your hand?” <Lavi> 

“Oh, it still hurts a little bit but not to the point that I can’t use it.” <Kazue> 

  

  

After we’ve returned to Luron yesterday, miss Lavi went straight to report to the guild master. 

Before that, she promised to personally teach me to gain new skills today. 

Specifically, she’s going to teach me the skills (Accelerate) and (Sword Wave). 

“I’m in your care miss Lavi.” <Kazue> 

“OK…” <Lavi> 

I bowed my head and prepare for some educational experience. 

It’s been a while since someone has thought me a skill. 

The last time I have this kind of experience was during the time I was thought by Argent-senpai. 

  

  

What about the matters about the “Cooking” skill, you ask? 

[I DON’T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT] 

  

  

  

  

 

 

13