Chapter 65: Expectation and Reality (III)
197 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Narrator POV 

  

  

  

  

“It’s been a while since I last saw you guys, how are you doing?” <Kazue> 

“Well…were fine... hehehe.” <Yoshiaga> 

“What are you plebian doing… invite our guest here.” <Alicia> 

The female who appeared from the dark forest was Yoshiaga’s former classmate, Mizusawa Kazue. 

The unsociable princess of the class, Mizusawa Kazue. 

Well, she did not know that she was being called like that by some of her classmates. 

This title of hers was only popular with the Otakus of the class. 

In other words, it was the title Yoshiaga and his friend bestowed on this very person. 

  

  

Think about it. 

If an otaku sees a girl who is fond of Anime and Games related things, all of a sudden in the eyes of the otakus she will become 10 times more beautiful. 

In the class, it was a well-known fact that the pair of girls namely, Mizusawa Kazue and Sakata Chiho are well-informed about the Otaku culture. 

Kazue is more of a computer game enthusiast while Chiho is an Anime culture fan. 

This doesn't change the fact that these two girls are indeed... "Moe". 

In the eyes of the otakus in the class having such perks only makes the two girls more precious. 

  

  

Despite wanting to be close to these two girls the boys never had an opportunity to be close to them. 

Chiho was already popular because of her unrivaled beauty, kind nature, and welcoming personality. 

Adding the perk of being an anime fan has christened her to be the official “Goddess” of the school in the eyes of the otakus. 

This only created an unwritten rule that no otaku shall get close to her. 

They should only idolize her from afar. 

Just like in the anime. 

Who would dare see the goddess eye to eye, it's just blasphemous. 

Who so ever dares to disobey this unwritten rule, will be ostracized by their fellow otakus. 

  

  

On the other hand, Mizusawa Kazue is naturally unsociable, no one was able to become close to her, whether it was an otaku or a normie. 

Such shame. 

When it comes to beauty most would say that Mizusawa Kazue is certainly inferior to Sakata Chiho. 

But this doesn't mean that Mizusawa Kazue is ugly, it's just that Chiho was too much of a beauty. 

In all fairness, Mizusawa Kazue can still be considered a "beauty" in her rights. 

Her cold, fierce and mysterious atmosphere makes it so that Otaku such as Yoshiaga would keep their interest in her. 

In a way, it is one of her "Moe", points. 

Some minority prefers her because of those specific reasons. 

They would even love to get stepped on by her. 

  

  

“Uwah… What a beauty…” <Kazue> 

Kazue looked at the lady who asked the boys to invite her into their camp. 

When Kazue saw the lady, she gasps and said in awe of the figure sitting on a log beside the campfire. 

“Oho~ho~ho~ it seems that our guest is someone who can appraise and appreciate true beauty, I feel that I can give our guest a warm welcome.” <Alicia> 

“Uwah… it’s the first time I saw someone who makes a genuine “Ojou-sama” laugh like that… Amazing.” <Kazue> 

Kazue walked toward the camp. 

  

  

As if it was natural, the two started having a warm cup of tea after Alicia handed Kazue a cup of hot tea she made. 

Kazue politely received the cup and thanked Lady Alicia while sitting next to her. 

Without a word the two ladies quietly drank the tea without saying a word. 

None of the two felt like talking. 

Despite the silence, none of the two ladies thinks that the atmosphere was awkward, rather the two were perfectly fine with the silence. 

  

  

In this silence, three people felt awkward. 

It was the group of Otaku boys, who did not feel the same way as the two ladies. 

They fell awkward from the silence. 

And so just as he always did, Yoshiaga tried to do something with it. 

“uh… so… Mizusawa-san…” <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

Kazue sips the hot tea, she blended into their party like it was nothing. 

“hmnn? What?” <Kazue> 

“What are those?” <Yoshiaga> 

Yoshiaga pointed at the three furry monsters that came with Mizusawa Kazue. 

The three wolves that looked like the E-rank monster “Small Blue Eyed-wolf” 

Aside from the fact that one of them is extremely large to be called “Small”. 

You can distinguish the three wolves by their size. 

While one of them looked like an ordinary small Blue-eyed wolf, the other two were too big to be called "small". 

One of them is the size of a large dog, the perfect size for it to be called a legit “wolf”. 

The other was extremely large that it was unfit to still call it a wolf. 

It was as tall as a horse and as bulky as a bear, this was the same wolf that made the three boys run for their life just a moment ago. 

  

  

“Oh, those are my pets…” <Kazue> 

“PETS?” <Yoshiaga> 

“Hmnn, I guess in this world it is more proper if I call them my familiars.” <Kazue> 

Yoshiaga, Naonobu, and Daisetsu looked at the three wolves, in particular, 

they were looking at the largest wolf and thought. 

[You call that a pet?] <Naonobu> 

[NO WAY, THAT? A PET?] <Daisetsu> 

[No, no, no, there’s no way you can call that thing a pet.] <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

Mizusawa Kazue started introducing her familiars one by one. 

“The large one is Isamu, the one in the middle is Hayate, and the small one over there is Kaori.” <Kazue> 

While Kazue introduces her familiars one by one, her familiars bowed their heads as their names are being called. 

As if they could perfectly understand that Kazue was introducing them. 

  

  

“Ara~, your familiars seem to be well trained.” <Alicia> 

The lady sitting beside Kazue states acknowledging their impressive intelligence. 

“Uh, yes! Well, I did not train them but they are smart so I did not have to do much.” <Kazue> 

Kazue replied hesitantly. 

Kazue made a problematic face, then suddenly... 

“Uhm… It’s been late but my name is Mizusawa Kazue, nice to meet you milady.” <Kazue> 

Kazue reached out her hand introducing herself to Alicia. 

It seemed that the reason she had the problematic face from earlier was that she did not know what to call the beautiful blonde lady. 

  

  

The blonde lady only stared at Kazue with a shaken expression. 

She was surprised for some reason. 

Kazue waved her hands to get lady Alicia's attention. 

“Uh…. Is there a problem?” <Kazue> 

Alicia blinked several times pulling herself out of her delusion. 

As if talking to herself Alicia said with a whisper. 

“I see… after all this time, so you are actually "that" Kazue… ” <Alicia> 

Alicia whispered in a way she was the only one who could hear her voice. 

Kazue thought after hearing this. 

[Does she know me?] <Kazue> 

  

  

“What? Sorry I did not hear you, did you say something?” <Kazue> 

“Ahem, ahem, O~ho~ho~ho~ho~ho, forgive my rudeness. My name is Alicia Cliffe Azurearosi, you can call me Alicia. It’s nice to be your acquaintance Mizusawa Kazue.” <Alicia> 

Alicia took Kazue’s outreached hand while giving a confident smirk at Kazue. 

“You can just call me Kazue, Lady Alicia. It’s nice to be your acquaintance.” <Kazue> 

  

  

In the sideline. 

The three boys started a conversation on their own. 

“Hey, hey…” <Daisetsu> 

“What?” <Naonobu> 

“Is that person Mizusawa Kazue?” <Daisetsu> 

“Oi, oi, are you that traumatized that you already forgot the face of our former classmates?” <Naonobu> 

“No, no that’s not what I mean. I mean… she’s not like that Mizusawa Kazue, the unshakable Unsociable Princess of the class, that I know.” <Daisetsu> 

Hearing this out, Yoshiaga realizes that the Mizusawa Kazue in his memories is quite different from the girl in his sights. 

Her change was quite obvious that after just talking for a while, Yoshiaga and his friends could already tell that something was different. 

“Hmnn, now that you pointed it out. Something is off about her.” <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

“Hey, you pleabs what are you talking about there?” <Alicia> 

Alicia called out for the boys’ attention. 

She gave off a chilling aura as if telling them not to talk about things behind her back. 

“Y-y-yes ma’am!” <Naonobu> 

“S-s-sorry! We were just talking about Mizusawa-san you see.” <Daisetsu> 

  

  

This time Kazue gave them her nostalgic sharp glare. 

"About me?" <Kazue> 

They felt chills after receiving the glare. 

“Huh?! What about Kazue? don’t tell me you’re gossiping about such a fine lady?” <Alicia> 

“NO! we were just wondering since miss Mizusawa seemed to have changed a lot since the last time we saw her.” <Naonobu> 

“Uwah… this topic again? I get it, I’ve changed a lot these past few months… Kirari, Reno, Rio, and even Chiho told me something like that…” <Kazue> 

The three boys castrated and scrub their foreheads to the ground. 

They don’t think that they did something bad but with Alicia's pressure, they were forced to do so. 

  

  

“Hmnn?” <Kazue> 

“What is it Kazue-san? Did the action of these boys displease you somehow? In that case…” <Alicia> 

Alicia sends off a heavier chilling aura toward the boys. 

“No… it’s just… Hey Tsuchiya-san.” <Kazue> 

Kazue seemed to be searching for something around the boys. 

Tsuchiya lifted his head to face Kazue with tears in his eyes. 

“What happened to that other guy… I kinda forgot his name. what was his name again the guy who wears large glasses?” <Kazue> 

  

  

All of a sudden the fat boy's eyes drooped down. 

“I don’t remember such a guy.” <Daisetsu> 

“huh? That’s weird I am quite certain that you guys all left the castle together.” <Kazue> 

“You must be mistaken…” <Daisetsu> 

“Weird... What was his name again… Inari? No, Inaba? Nah… Inaba! Right! Inaba Motoichi, yes! Inaba Motoichi, he was with you guys, right?” <Kazue> 

“I DON’T KNOW THAT GUY!” <Daisetsu> 

Daisetsu yelled angrily. 

  

  

“This reaction… wait… don't tell me is he… dead?” <Kazue> 

“no, Mot... that guy should still be alive, but I do hope he's dead." <Daisetsu> 

A sudden surge of anger flowed through Daisetsu's veins. 

He could feel that his blood was about to boil from anger just remembering, Inaba Motoichi's name. 

He was glaring at the image of that person in his mind. 

“Oi, isn’t that too much? Aren’t you guys best of friends?” <Kazue> 

“FRIENDS?! I DON’T HAVE SUCH A FRIEND!” <Daisetsu> 

“You… guys… what happened to you guys…” <Kazue> 

  

  

“Mizusawa-san… sorry for Daisetsu’s word. But can we not talk about that guy? please...” <Yoshiaga> 

With a dark face, Yoshiaga approached Kazue. 

“… uh… sure…” <Kazue> 

The three boys’ faces were dark. 

It was the face of defeat. 

The face of a person hating another with all their heart. 

One doesn’t have to explain that something happened between those guys. 

Kazue remembers that Inaba Motoichi was a part of their once lively group of four. 

Kazue thought. 

[Something bad must have happened for these guys to have such faces.] 

That night Kazue was unable to have a chat with the boys. 

Instead, she and lady Alicia spend the night silently staring at the campfire in silence. 

  

  

Yoshiaga was resting in place. 

The name of the boy that Kazue mentioned moments ago reminded him of what happened in the past. 

Maybe because he was reminded unconsciously, he started dreaming about that past. 

  

  

******************* 

The past... 

Yoshiaga POV 

  

  

  

  

4 days ago we were transported into another world. 

Getting transported into another world is a dream come true for me and my friends. 

4 days ago, we were just talking about “what ifs” and right now we were transported into another world. 

The day we got transported, we were so happy that our dreams of transmigration had come true. 

The next thing we know, things such as level, job, titles, skills, and stats are now a reality. 

Knowing about this aspect of this world, we can only have our hopes up. 

We can now become someone great, not the loser we are in our world. 

We can change! 

it's our time to shine! 

We can use our knowledge as leverage to overcome the challenges of this world. 

  

  

The next day we learned that our bodies had been enhanced with our “Stats”. 

Next, we were informed about how skills work with the help of the Empire's soldiers. 

We can now use skills and magic. 

We discovered a lot of interesting stuff that only made our excitement go up to the roof. 

The girls who once looked down on us now looked pathetic in our eyes. 

A sense of pride filled our hearts and ended up making a fuss. 

  

  

Now that I looked back at it. 

We should have not reacted that way. 

We should have stayed in the castle and trained. 

We should have listened and not let our excitement get ahead of us. 

We all thought that with the four of us together we can overcome everything. 

But before we even had the adventure we all wanted it was halted. 

We got deceived by some thugs in town and were captured to be sold as slaves. 

The isekai we hoped for and the dream turned out to be a nightmare. 

  

  

The next thing we knew, we are being transported to somewhere we don’t know. 

The precious equipment we received from the castle was taken. 

We are all in ragged clothes. 

We are still hopeful at first. 

We imagined that our current situation is similar to that of the main characters of stories we read and watched from anime and mangas. 

We would overcome the challenge and awaken special abilities that would turn everything around for us. 

  

  

We were naïve. 

That kind of development only happens in animes and mangas. 

In the first place, we might not be the main character of the story. 

1 day, 2 days, 3 days. 

1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks. 

And before we knew it a month had passed. 

All that time we could remember was getting transported by a carriage and kept in a cage as if we were animals. 

Those foods tasted like crap. 

Those painful punches, kicks, and whips force us to obey them. 

We heard all kinds of abusive and belittling words from them. 

They treated us like animals. 

  

  

Little by little as time passed our hopes kept on dwindling. 

There’s no sign of us awakening the abilities we hoped to have. 

We are reminded that we are just worthless pieces of crap. 

Then I realized something. 

If the price for getting an overpowered skill is this, then I’d rather not have that ability. 

I would rather live normally just like everybody else. 

Why should we endure this kind of torture? 

Why us? 

We only wanted to have fun. 

We only wanted to change our pathetic selves and become someone we can be proud of. 

We are now in an isekai, it should have been the chance for us to become a better version of ourselves. 

We can change our former pathetic selves into something much more. 

But this... 

This is not fun at all. 

  

  

Our suffering continued. 

Until one day the opportunity for us to escape came. 

The carriage carrying us was attacked by a group of orcs and goblins. 

As the fight between the thugs and the monster escalated, one of the orcs destroyed the cage. 

We managed to leave the cage and escape. 

  

  

The four of us charged toward the wilderness of god knows where. 

We have nothing else other than ourselves. 

We ran, we had no food, no money, and no weapon to protect ourselves. 

We are surrounded by a dangerous forest of unknown dangers. 

  

  

“Where did they go, Find them!” <Thugs> 

We could hear the screams of the thugs who held us captive. 

They seemed to have managed to defeat the monster who ambushed the carriage earlier and now they are looking for us. 

The four of us are doing our best to hide. 

We did not know what to do. 

I could not help but shiver in fear. 

  

  

“W-w-what should we d-d-d-do n-n-ow?” <Naonobu> 

Naonobu’s voice was shaky. 

“I don’t know but we must go as far as we could.” <Motoichi> 

“To where?” <Daisetsu> 

“F*ck, I don’t know! Anywhere, just not here.” <Motoichi> 

Motoichi yelled in annoyance. 

  

  

I tried to think of how to run away. 

From not so far away there was a cliff. 

About 20 meters away from that cliff was another piece of land. 

I saw a bridge. 

I pointed it out and we all went to that spot. 

We carefully sneaked toward the bridge. 

  

  

We reached our destination and found an old suspension bridge made out of ropes and planks of wood. 

It seems that this bridge could only accommodate 1 person as it doesn’t look too sturdy. 

If we tried to go all at once the bridge might break. 

If we fall from the bridge it will result in our death. 

Looking down from the cliff, was a deep way down. 

It was so deep that we could not even see the ground, the light of the sun could not illuminate the end of the pit. 

The only way to get to the other side was to fly by traversing the old bridge. 

  

  

“We have to get to the other side.” <Motoichi> 

“Huh?! Are you crazy? can’t you see that this bridge is already old? There’s no way I would risk my life crossing through this bridge.” <Daisetsu> 

“By the looks of it, only 1 person could cross at a time.” <Yoshiaga> 

“It seems like it.” <Motoichi> 

“Who wants to go first.” <Yoshiaga> 

We all looked at each other. 

No one was willing to go first. 

  

  

After some time. 

“T-t-then I’ll go first.” <Motoichi> 

The boy in glasses said. 

It was Inaba Motoichi. 

  

  

Motoichi stood facing the bridge. 

He then took his first steps to the bridge. 

It was a kind of bridge where you have to hold onto the ropes with your hand on each side. 

The only foothold you can use was planks of old wood. 

The bridge would wobble and it was hard to balance. 

It was quite obvious that if two or more people would cross the bridge at the same time, the bridge would wobble uncontrollably making it impossible to use. 

When you look down all you could see is an endless pit of darkness and dark fog. 

The bridge was about 20 meters across. 

  

  

Motoichi took another step and the wood under his feet made an unpleasant creaking sound. 

"Hiii!!!" <Motoichi> 

With each step, he took the bridge wobble like crazy. 

“Just don’t look down I yelled at Motoichi.” <Yoshiaga> 

“S-s-s-shut it! Don’t talk to me it would only make me more nervous.” <Motoichi> 

We watch Motoichi cross the bridge. 

At some point, one of the wooden footholds broke as Motoichi stepped on it. 

It made our hearts jump as we saw Motoichi stumble and almost fell from the bridge. 

Thankfully he was holding on to the rope tightly and managed to get back to his feet. 

It took forever for him to cross the bridge. 

  

  

“I FOUND THEM! THEY ARE TRYING TO CROSS THE BRIDGE!” <Grunt> 

We heard a shout alerting our pursuers. 

Luckily, he was still far and it would take him some time before he would reach us. 

“Dammit!!! They found us.” <Yoshiaga> 

Luckily Motoichi already managed to reach the end of the bridge. 

“We don't have a choice; everyone we must cross the bridge at all costs. Let’s go at once!” <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

When we were about to cross the bridge. 

I stepped forward and held on to the left and right ropes of the bridge. 

But then, I lost my balance. 

It was not because of the bridge wobbling but rather… 

  

  

“Wha???” <Yoshiaga> 

The bridge broke down from the other side. 

Broken pieces of wood went flying off as if something had blown them apart. 

The ropes on the right side went limped. 

I looked forward and saw Motoichi, with his outstretched hands. 

There was a magic circle formed in front of him. 

  

  

“MOTOICHI?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” <Yoshiaga> 

“SORRY, BUT I DON’T WANT TO GET CAPTURED AGAIN.” <Motoichi> 

“MOTOICHI?! STOP! STOP!!!” <Yoshiaga> 

“DAMMIT, MOTOICHI WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!” <Naonobu> 

Naonobu yelled angrily at Motoichi. 

He was trying to destroy the bridge from the other side. 

“F*ck go back! We have to find another way to escape!” <Yoshiaga> 

I ordered the other to go back. 

I took a step back and got off the bridge. 

I held onto the left side of the bridge and started to stride back into the land. 

Before I could even get off the bridge, Motoichi destroyed the left portion of the bridge from the other side. 

  

  

[Crazy bastard] <Yoshiaga> 

The bridge is destroyed now. 

“MOTOICHI, YOU!!!” <Yoshiaga> 

“HAHAHA!!!” <Motoichi> 

A burst of loud laughter can be heard from the other side of the cliff. 

Motoichi was laughing like a crazy man. 

  

  

“You can not catch me now! Sorry guys but I need you to distract them a little more. Don’t worry I will not forget about you.” 

“MOTOICHI YOU CRAZY PIECE OF SHIT.” <Daisetsu> 

“YOU CAN CURSE ME ALL YOU WANT BUT I REFUSE TO GET CAUGHT ONCE AGAIN!” <Motoichi> 

“DAMMIT, MOTOICHI ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE US HERE?” <Daisetsu> 

“IT’S IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU GUYS TO ESCAPE ANYWAY. I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR LUCK SO DO YOUR BEST. AHAHA” <Motoichi> 

"F*CK, DID HE LOSE HIS MIND?" <Daisetsu> 

The Motoichi on the other side seems like a completely different guy from what I remember him to be. 

His eyes were crazed. 

I do know that he has quite some temper but I could not believe that he was the type of person who can just leave his friends behind. 

His tone and way of speaking were spiteful and at the same time, he was scared. 

He must be confused. 

I could not completely blame him for wanting to escape. 

I know, because I too had experienced the hardship he has been through all this time. 

I also don’t want to return to those thugs anymore. 

Motoichi chose to sacrifice us for him to survive. 

  

  

But... 

Does our friendship only amount to that? 

Was our bond that shallow that he was willing to sacrifice us, just like that? 

Couldn’t he try a little bit more to help us? 

Aren’t we brothers? 

We vowed that in face of anything, as long as the four of us are together we could get past any challenges. 

Isn’t this the situation where he would go back to our site and help us escape rather than escaping all by himself? 

Did he betray us? 

  

  

“F*CK.” <Yoshiaga> 

I smeared at myself thinking about what just happened. 

Motoichi already ran off the other side. 

He was no longer visible from where we are. 

“Everyone let’s go back into the forest and find a place to run and hide.” <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

We hide and ran once again. 

But it was only a matter of time before the thugs to find us. 

We can tell that they are closing in our location. 

We tried to outwit them but to no avail. 

  

  

. 

. 

. 

  

  

“HAHAHA, you made us work our ass off dammit.” <Thug 1> 

“Did you think we would leave you alone?” <Thug 2> 

“A lot of nobles would pay millions just to have a slave just like you people. There's no way we'll let you escape!” <Thug 3> 

We are now cornered into a wall. 

The only thing we have right now is sticks to protect ourselves. 

“I’d rather die than get captured again!” <Naonobu> 

Naonobu yelled holding the stick and pointing at the thugs with swords and bows in their hands. 

Although most of them are only as strong as we are, there are still some of them who are stronger than us. 

  

  

“I would suggest that you should give up putting up a fight.” <Thug Leader> 

The leader of the thugs went forward. 

It was a huge man with a large body. 

His body was ripped with bulky muscles. 

He was resting a large battle ax over his shoulder with his right arm 

He looks intimidating as hell. 

  

  

“If you don’t come willingly, I will have to cut off your limbs so you could not run.” <Thug Leader> 

“Hehe, don't bluff, I know that you need us in good condition so that you can sell us at a high price?” <Yoshiaga> 

“HAHAHA, Me? bluffing? HAHAHA, Sure, I could sell you at a higher price if you are in good condition. Well, I can just use a potion after I cut off your leg, it’s just that it’s a waste of a High-tier potion. You see, a high-tier potion is quite pricey so I don’t wish to waste it but if you push me, then...” <Thug Leader> 

  

  

[Right, this is an isekai. A healing potion that can restore amputated limbs does exist.] 

“Yoshiaga, I think we should just surrender... I don’t want to get hurt anymore.” <Naonobu> 

Naonobu said in resignation. 

Daisetsu dropped the stick he was holding as a weapon. 

  

  

“TSK.” <Yoshiaga> 

I clicked my tongue in frustration. 

[Even I, I too, I don't want to get hurt. I don’t want to suffer anymore.] 

I tried my best to not get captured. 

[But if I try to fight back, I would only make it worse.] 

As a result of my will getting destroyed, I loosen my grip on the stick in my hand. 

It was hopeless. 

Even if I try to fight back, the result would be obvious. 

[Should I just give up?] 

  

  

“Ara, what’s going on here?” <Alicia> 

A voice of a female sounded. 

Her tone was completely different from the atmosphere around here. 

She seemed to be very amused by the situation in front of her. 

Judging by her tone, she finds all of this to be amusing but at the same time, lame. 

I gazed toward the female, and in an instant, the image of a female anime character came to mind. 

[Eh? Saber?] 

  

  

“Oh… I thought it was rowdy here but it's just a bunch of rats chasing after useless goods.” <Alicia> 

“Who the hell are you?” <Thug Leader> 

The lady did not like the tone of the Thug Leader. 

  

  

“How dare you talk to me with such disgusting tongue. Know your place vermin.” <Alicia> 

A sudden pressure enveloped the area around the lady causing all, including me, my friends, and the thugs to freeze still. 

The leader of the thugs and his minions who receive the full force of this pressure fell to the ground. 

The lady flips her hair in disappointment. 

“Hmpf, weaklings you can’t even resist a simple (Pressure), this means that you’re not even worth being my opponent.” <Alicia> 

[What the? Did she just use a skill just now?] <Yoshiaga> 

The lady continued to walk forward without even minding the fallen thugs. 

  

  

“W-w-w-wait!” <Yoshiaga> 

I was not sure why but I felt that I need to call out this lady for some reason. 

With an annoyed look, she looked at us like we were some disgusting roadside animals. 

  

  

“What?” <Alicia> 

I was stunned. 

I did not know what to say. 

My mouth could not move, her piercing gaze seemed to have caused my mouth to freeze. 

[I must be careful of what to say.] 

I did not even know the reason why I called out for the lady in the first place. 

“I… uh… we… please… uh…” <Yoshiaga> 

My speech was all jumbled as I don't have an idea as to what to say. 

With a more displeased gaze, she looked more disgusted than she was before. 

  

  

-sigh- 

The lady sighed, she regrets looking back as it was just a waste of time. 

She broke off our conversation by looking away and started to walk forward once again. 

“Wait, please…” 

This time she did not look back. 

  

  

I remembered the words of the thugs. 

He wanted us to become slaves and sell us to nobles. 

From the looks of it this lady, from the way she talks, and the way she looked must be a noble too. 

The thug leader said that lots of nobles would love to have us as a slave since we are quite special. 

We are “otherworlders” we are one of the “heroes” that the empire summoned. 

Nobles would love to have us as their “servants”. 

They can use us to brag on other nobles, having the privilege to obtain an “otherworlder” as one of their servants. 

Then… 

  

  

“Would you like to hire us to become your servants?” <Yoshiaga> 

I tried to say these words as confidently as I could. 

“Hah???” <Alicia> 

The lady scoffed at my words. 

From just looking at her facial expression you can tell what she was thinking. “Huh? Why would I hire you?” look at it. 

“It's for me to brag but we are not from this world. We are one of the “heroes” the Empire summoned quite some time ago. If you like you can have us as your servants. We will do whatever you say… so… please… please… help us.” <Yoshiaga> 

  

  

The lady has this troubled expression on her face. 

Then she sighs once again. 

-sigh- 

“Are you really “heroes”?” <Alicia> 

“Well, we don’t have the job class “Hero” but we know him, we are from the same world as the hero. We are summoned by the Empire some time ago. If you’re doubtful you can ask the imperial magician of the empire. He can prove that we are also one of the “heroes” they summoned!” <Yoshiaga> 

“… weaklings like you? Heroes? Seriously?” <Alicia> 

“Please believe us!” <Daisetsu> 

This time Daisetsu also realize what I was doing and helped me persuade the lady. 

He rushed sprawling to kneel at the lady. 

“As you see! please! milady, I'm begging you!” <Naonobu> 

Then Naonobu joined in. 

We all knelt and kowtowed in the lady’s presence. 

The lady responded with a prideful tone. 

“Do as you please.” <Alicia> 

“Thank you, Milady!” <Yoshiaga> 

“We will serve you the best we can.” <Naonobu> 

“We will forget not about this. We owe you our lives Milady.” <Daisetsu> 

The lady silently walked forward and we followed. 

  

  

******************* 

Next morning. 

  

  

“Kazue-san” <Alicia> 

Miss Alicia called out for Kazue. 

“What is it lady Alicia?” <Kazue> 

“I was just wondering, why are you here in the middle of nowhere?” <Alicia> 

“Ah… am actually on my way to Riles, to be specific in the capital city, Vestir.” <Kazue> 

“To Riles, to Vestir? Oh, what a coincidence! We are also going there.” <Yoshiaga> 

I said in joy after knowing that Mizusawa Kazue was also on her way to Riles. 

  

  

“It must be fate that we encounter you here, why not travel with us Kazue-san?” <Alicia> 

“Is that Fine? <Kazue> 

“I don’t see why not.” <Alicia> 

“Then… I’m in your care.” <Kazue> 

  

  

We continue our journey with a new companion. 

 

 

8