Chapter 4: Training
62 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Person

Danny continued to observe the outside world with Assimilate. Waiting for anything interesting to happen, but his mother just kept drinking alcohol, which in turn meant he kept drinking alcohol.

Thank god for his perks.

Danny speculated on what he wanted to do with this new life, in his last he was a loner and very awkward, all in all, he was not very satisfied with the general condition.

He didn't even reach adulthood for goodness sake!

'I'm gonna become strong.. So strong that I'll be able to do anything I want!'

[Ding! Quest Created!

Become the Strongest!

Reward: ??? ]

'Huh.' Danny thought.

'Well what to do now.. I mean I'm stuck inside this lady for nine months..'

'I mean I guess I could meditate..'

'Yeah, I'll do that.'

Danny slowed his breathing and began to clear his mind, it was surprisingly easy for him and soon he entered into an in-between state to awake and asleep. Then he was awoken by a ding.

[Ding! 

You've gained the skill:

Meditation Lv. 1

]

Danny, in his shock in being broken out of his zen state, hyper focused on the skill which in turn created a 'happy little accident' so to speak.

[Ding!

You've chosen to assimilate the skill: Meditation!

Assimilating...

]

'FUUUCCKK!'

Danny was upset. What happened to the confirmation screen!

Danny was upset, but there wasn't anything he could do about it so he just hoped it would be worth it in the end.

[Ding! 

You've gained the perk:

Child of Zen

]

'And what does that do.. System!'

[ Child of Zen

All spiritual stats, skills and perks grow at a multiplier of 10

Additionally the user will occasionally experience an 'epiphany' which will advance a skill, stat, or perk. ]

'Oh. That's not so bad. I'm still pissed though'

Danny resigned himself and began to meditate once again, but not before mentally making sure that the system always asked for confirmation from now on.

He shifted his mind back into a peaceful state, determined to gain Meditation again and grind it out.

Danny's breathing slowed once again as his inner eye peered deep into his soul, or whatever.

The distant dings of the system echoed through his head but no longer broke his concentration, as he meditated something strange happened, the bare-bones method he was using to view the world through Assimilate became clearer and more concise. 

'Must be a new Perk or something' he silently mused.

As he fell deeper and deeper into meditation his growing body was revealed to him, he could see the life force coursing through his veins, along with a blue energy nourishing his veins.

But, as he looked even deeper he gazed upon a small flame, bright with life and energy.

He forced himself to dig through deeper and came upon an instinctual understanding, this was his soul.

More dings rang from the system, but they were so far away he could barely comprehend them.

He studied his soul more carefully, it resembled a yellow flame, burning stubbornly. There was a strange veil covering it as well, along with a with blue rigid lines that ran across the surface.

As he watched his soul pulse and burn a spike of pain went through his skull which pulled him from his meditation to a bundle of notifications.

[ Ding!

Meditation has leveled up!

Meditation has leveled up!

Meditation has leveled up!

...

Due to you using a perk in an unintended way you've gained the skill:

Area Sense Lv. 1

Area Sense has leveled up!

Area Sense has leveled up!

...

Due to you sensing and understanding the energies of the world you've gained the skill:

Energy Sense Lv.1

Energy Sense has leveled up!

Energy Sense has leveled up!

You've reached an epiphany!

Due to partaking upon the reckless task of gazing at your soul you've gained the skill:

Soul Sight Lv. 1

Soul Sight has leveled up!

You've taken 3 HP of spiritual damage! ]

'Wow. That sure is a lot. Child of Zen sure is putting in the work.'

Danny was getting a slight headache from all his new senses and skills as he surveyed his position from inside his mother with new understanding, being able to 'see' in a complete radius around his body was not something he was used to.

Third person in real life was incredibly trippy.

'Now what. I'm not supposed to just meditate for nine months am I?'

Unfortunately, that looked to be the only current option. So Danny began to meditate once again.

'Who knows? Maybe I'll achieve Nirvana. Become the first Baby Buddha.'

He mentally snickered as he resigned himself to meditation.

_

Area Sense Lv. 6

Allows the user to see and feel around themselves in a 360 degree radius. The detail and size increase with level.

Energy Sense Lv. 3

Allows the user to see and feel for different types of energy. 

Current known energy types: Lifeforce, Mana

Soul Sight Lv. 2

Allows the user to peer at someones soul. The soul is the culmination of ones very being, understanding the soul could allow one to completely understand the owner as well.

0