Prologue: Meeting the Goddess
252 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come on, get up. We don't have all day. This new life business isn’t just for you, y’know? Only so many of us goddesses, and so many more of you dead souls.” 

The recently deceased boy stands up and takes in his surroundings, an empty void save for himself and this supposed goddess, who was admittedly very beautiful.

“Well? Are you going to tell me how you want to be reincarnated?” The goddess asked. “I can't give you the ideal, perfect, overpowered start. However, I've got a few of those game-like RPG worlds to send you into. I'll even let you pick a perk to take with you.”

The boy looks at her, confused but intrigued by the idea. “So, I can go into a fantasy RPG world with ANY single power of my choice?”

“Yes.”

“Then let me change sex at will. Like, give me a skill that lets me transform from Male to Female, then Female to Male. And make my two forms have different stats”

The goddess turns visibly annoyed. “Oh my goddess. Another one of you people. What's with all these guys winning reincarnation of all things, and every time they want to become girls?! At least you're not asking to be one of those… futas…?”

“Oh futanaris… I thought about that, but this sounds way more fun, honestly. Besides, this is basically like having one of those stance change skills in games, but even better!” The boy seems very excited about the potential for his new life.

“Fine! If that's really what you want your perk to be, so be it. Honestly, I don't think you know what you're asking for. Changing sex is a way more dangerous game than you think.” The goddess has all but given up at this point, her hands covering her face, her cheek visibly blushing from this boy’s brazen request.

“I think you're overcomplicating things, plus it's an RPG system. Clearly I can just use skill points or whatever and then everything just works.”

The goddess is just done at this point. “FINE! Enjoy your new life. Don't come crying to me later. Because you can't.” She waves her hand to the boy half-heartedly and snaps her fingers.

The moment the goddess snaps her fingers, the boy starts feeling excruciating pain… Everywhere. As if his entire body is changing from the inside out. He's gasping for air, kicking, screaming, yelling out every obscenity under the sun. The goddess had already mentally clocked out of the entire affair and completely ignored his pain. The chair he was sitting on gets kicked to the side as he's on all fours, clutching at his heart. It's not long until he passes out completely.

“Bye bye… Idiot.”

---

This is an idea I've been stewing in my mind for a while, partially inspired by some other works on this site. Let me know what you think. Is the concept interesting? I'll post new chapters when I'm able.

4