Chapter 3: New Goal Obtained
158 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucifer awakens in a small bedroom in an unfamiliar building. Through the window, he sees various common livestock: cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens, as well as a few wheat plants. “Must be a farm,” as he says that a middle-aged woman walks into the room, carrying a tray of food.

“Here, eat up. Man like you needs his energy. Get your strength back and then we’ll talk when my husband gets back from his work.” She leaves the tray on the counter and walks out, leaving him alone. He eats the food happily, a heaping helping of eggs, pork, and bread.

 

After finishing his meal, he leaves the room. The woman stands in the kitchen, washing the dishes from the previous night’s meal. Lucifer hands her the tray and then a man the same age as the woman enters the house, sweat pouring from his face.

“I see you're awake, young man. You were in quite the state when he found you. Nearly left for dead, but good on you for dealing with those bandits. Pesky nuisances they were. Name’s Darryl, and over there is my wife, Agatha.”

“Are you saying… those were just small-timers?” Lucifer became emotionally distraught after learning that the bandit who had nearly killed him was actually baby’s first bandit encounter in strength. Sure, those other two were weaker than slimes, but the third packed a mean wallop.

“Yes, they're the lowest of the low, but they still gave us villagers a rough time of it. So nonetheless, you have our thanks. By the way, I take it you're on your way to the Empire? All warrior-types like you head there in droves.”

“The Empire?”

“What cave did you crawl out of, kid? The Sunlight Empire. They live up on those huge mountains, you can even see them from here. The Emperor, Solaire, lives at the very peak. The closest one can get to the sun.

“Solaire? Not Gwyn?”

“Gwyn? Who’s that?”

“Nothing.”

“Anyway, I say that because there's no way someone like you would be heading further into the kingdom.” Darryl looks at Lucifer with a bit of a mocking expression.

“Eh? What's stopping me from going there?”

“The kingdom prides itself on their mages. People all across the realm who seek arcane knowledge gather there. Not only that, but if you want entry into the city, you need to show at least some aptitude for magic. You don't look like you could cast even the most basic of spells.”

“Ouch, harsh.” Lucifer thought. “I bet he'd change his tune if he saw my other form.”

“My advice, see if you can track down the man who brought you here. Maybe he could get you in. At the very least, it's an easier trek. He said he was leaving for the next town over, walk into the village proper and you'll find a carriage to take you there. Just show them these five bronze pieces as payment.”

“Thanks for the advice, and for footing the bill.” Lucifer gladly takes the bronze pieces and starts to head out the door.

“Just get out of my hair, I prefer when things are peaceful and uneventful.”

 

Walking out of the house, Lucifer gets back onto the road. After making it a few feet down, he activates “Sex Shift”.

“Ahhh! Finally, justice has returned to this world!”

 

Name Lucifer   Strength (STR) 10 3
Race  Human   Defense (DEF) 7 3
Gender ???   Dexterity (DEX) 5 8
Class Red Mage   Intelligence (INT) 3 10
Level 2   Speed (SPD) 3 8
Experience 120 / 100   Resistance (RES) 8 5
  Willpower (WILL) 8 5
HP 150 / 100   Charisma (CHA) 5 7
MP 55 / 50        
Stamina 100 / 100   0 Copper Coins 0 Silver Coins 0 Gold Coins

 

 
6