Chapter 8: The Eclipse Cult
118 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“About that cult you mentioned… Who exactly were they?”

Louis thinks for a moment before responding in a much more serious tone. “Not surprised you haven’t heard of them. Nearly all public information on them was purged after the efforts to wipe them out. I’m not even privy to all the details nor is my information first or even second-hand.” He takes a deep breath before continuing. “They were called the Eclipse Cult, and what they sought was the creation of the ‘Perfect Being’. They were said to commit unspeakable horrors in pursuit of that goal.”

Luci stares at him, dumbfounded. “What the hell… What do you even mean by ‘Perfect Being’?”

“Nobody knows. Nor is there any information on how they even planned to create such a being, or what they planned to do if they succeeded. If there’s anyone or anything that even has such knowledge, they’ve either kept very quiet or it’s kept under heavy lock and key.”

Luci falls over onto her back and looks up towards the sky. She mutters to herself, “this world is absolutely insane…” 

Louis looks over at her before laying down as well. “Guess we’ve spoken enough, we should probably get to sleep. Hopefully the fog will have lifted by then.” He closes his eyes and swiftly falls asleep.

“How is he already asleep?” Luci turns over and closes her eyes as well, the exhaustion from all the fighting quickly making her fall asleep as well.

While they sleep, the fog progressively gets even thicker. To the point where you couldn’t see anything that isn’t directly in front of your face. Hours pass, until the sound of bells tolling wakes them both up. 

 

Louis jumps up onto his feet. “What the hell is that sound?”

Luci doesn’t say anything but points towards the large double doors that now stare them both in the face.

“Were we… moved in our sleep? How in the hell, I would’ve noticed!”

“I don’t know about you, Louis, but… It almost feels like I’m being compelled to open those doors and walk inside.”

“Yeah, I’m getting the same feeling. My body just feels drawn to this place, wherever and whatever it is.”

Luci and Louis each put one hand on each door and slowly push it open. What meets them is a large room with an altar in the center. Rows of pews sitting in front of it.

Louis puts his hand over his mouth in shock. “No… we didn’t. It’s the Moon Temple. Why are we here? Why do I feel compelled to step inside?”

 

The two can’t help but step inside, the twin doors shutting themselves behind them.

 

Two short chapters just because I felt like getting something out after a bit of nothing and to help set up this first "big" story arc. Let me know what you think as always.

2