27: Magic power Test
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Anos is lost in his own thoughts, Rimuru is currently having a very serious conversation with Ciel.

“So, Ciel, tell me, how much magic power should I show in this exam?” Rimuru asked seriously. Unlike the practical exam, where you could win with your intelligence, in this exam, showing off your magic power was crucial since the academy paid extra attention to students with high magic power.

Surprisingly, Ciel answered without any seriousness, which was very unlike Ciel.

"Don’t worry, master. I have already made preparations for you. I will adjust your magic power so you don’t need anything but place your hand on the stone," Ciel replied.

Rimuru was visibly confused about Ciel’s behavior but decided to trust him as usual.

“If you pass the practical exam, you are admitted. All that’s left is magic power measurement and an aptitude test,” read Anos, then looked around and asked, “Then all these people are our classmates?”

“No, since some would drop out after seeing their magic power and apply for a different field,” said Misha.

Anos nodded and looked around again, noticing everyone's odd behavior. “What’s this? Why is everyone so shy?” he asked curiously.

“I don’t think that’s it,” Misha said, shaking her head.

“But nobody will look at me,” Anos insisted, unable to find another reason.

“They are frightened by your fight, Arnos,” Rimuru explained, sighing exasperatedly. “They are scared that a brutal demon would set his eyes on them as his next prey.”

Anos then asked, “What do you mean? And were you in that audience when I was fighting?”

“No, successful participants watch the recorded video of how others won,” said Misha.

“And Rimuru asked, “Did you really not get it?” narrowing her eyes.

Anos shook his head and said, “No, I mean, I didn’t even use any dark magic, didn’t torture him while healing him, and I only used <Ingall>, and that’s not even with a fear buff.”

Rimuru’s forehead had a tick mark, and she was now on the verge of beating Anos until he collapsed. She coldly said, “You little piece of shit! Did you forget that in the peaceful era where there are no wars, no one would use <Ingall>, which is a rare spell even in those days? And no one would come and torture you for fun. Is your brain so damaged that you forgot some common sense? And did you even read that book properly? Because I kinda remember there being a paragraph saying that resurrection magic is one of the lost magic in these days. And looks like I need to educate it myself, so get ready.”

Anos was sweating heavily now. He wouldn’t say it out loud, but he would rather fight Matilda, the Creation Goddess, rather than train with Rimuru. He still remembers the days when he blew up his castle because of a sneeze and killed half of his people. Rimuru came and started disciplining him about how he should always control his own magic. As for the people, he revived them the next moment. He was then also disciplined about something else that he did while reviving the dead, but he seems to have forgotten it due to how much of a trauma that memory is.

But as luck is on his side, the announcer shouted, “Form a line in front of the crystal and place a hand on it, then pour some of your magic power for the mirror to show your total magic power capacity.”

Rimuru and others looked around, and it was the same owl that was the judge for the practical exam. Seeing the people moving, they also walked towards the crystal, which already had a big line formed.

One by one, people began to measure their magic power. Curious, Anos used magic to increase his eyesight and hearing. He then saw numbers appearing in the mirror:

[126]
[218]
[98]
[145]

The owl that was sitting in front of the mirror read out the numbers for everyone to hear.

‘To be able to turn into numbers something that I could only tell through my senses before. This is truly a convenient age,’ Anos thought inwardly, happy that the peace he brought was the correct choice.

In front of him, Rimuru thought, ‘So they are making everyone’s place clear by announcing their magic power numbers, or is there someone who is reporting them to the nobles for some reason?’ Narrowing her eyes, she saw a group of people in the corner taking pictures and writing something. Normally, they wouldn't be caught because of the barrier to make them invisible, but all of that is useless in front of her eyes. She decided to investigate this later.

It only takes several minutes to get a reading from everyone, and soon enough, it was Misha’s turn.

“Do your best,” said Anos and Rimuru.

The ever-present deadpan expression on Misha’s face softened as she looked at Rimuru and Anos and nodded her head cutely.

“…..Nn…….”

She walked up to the crystal, touched it, and poured some of her power into it. After that, numbers started to be displayed in the mirror after several seconds.

[100246]

“Oh, she is quite good,” remarked Anos. Rimuru nodded her head; until Misha came, the highest score was only in 3 digits, so in this era, Misha could be said to be a heaven-defying talent.

After her evaluation, Misha stepped down and went near Anos and Rimuru.

Rimuru, seeing her coming, said, “You sure are strong, Misha. With this amount of magic power, you could basically do any spell you desire,” and praised her.

Anos said nothing but smiled and nodded his head to agree with Rimuru.

After listening to Rimuru’s praises, Misha became a little bit shy and looked down. She mumbled, “……..Arnos… and Rimuru….is …..more amazing…… though…..?”

“Hmm, did you say something, Misha?” Anos asked as Rimuru went to get her evaluation.

She shook her head, denying to say any further.

Meanwhile, with Rimuru, ‘all I have to do is touch the crystal, right, Ciel?’

“Yes, master, I will do the so. Don’t worry,” Ciel assured her.

As the usual procedure, Rimuru touched the crystal. But unlike others, the crystal glowed brightly for a few moments and then became normal. After that, the stupefied owl’s voice entered everyone’s ears.

[∞]

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu

3