1(Adeline)
20 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Clans of Mossy Dell welcome to today's trials, as most know this race is being held in every town and city in the Clandoms on this day. the top 3 finishers will travel to Thelantis to compete in the Race of Ascension, the winners of that race will become Goldwing initiantes." the Mayor speached

barley anyone here was a high clan there'd be like seven racers excluding Belle because she was only racing to prove she could. and to embarrass some poor person who got last.

I searched the crowd for Belle, but she would only be noticed if she wanted to be. right now she didn't. I flew to a roof closer to the starting line.

"those of you 12 years of age, who will prove your bravery: step forward and speak your names" the final line there was a moment of silence.

"I am Maya of the falcon clan" a girl with blonde hair spoke "and I will race" she walked up to the starting line. a chorus of shouts and cheers sounded.

"I am Matthew from the hawk clan" a boy with dark skin and black hair spoke "I will race" he joined Maya on the line. a slightly louder applause rang out.

"I am Isabelle of the Ospreys" Belle shouted "and I will race!" she ran up to the line. a few people clapped softly. no one was really going to cheer for an orphan.

except her bestie of course

"GO BELLE" I screamed "WHOO HOO" I got a lot of stares for that one. not that I cared. I stopped after the right amount of time.

"I am Skyler of the Harriers" said one of my cousins friends "I will race" he jumped up at the line, keeping his distance from Belle.

such a jerk.

"I am Hilary of the owls" a girl with brown hair said "I'll race!" this time I cheered to, me and Hilary wern't close but she helped me play some good pranks and steal some things before.

"I'm Charlie of the hawks" Charlie said, if you've ever wondered what the stupidest person looked like just meet him "I will race!" he stood next to Matthew.

"I am Tora of the Vultures" a black haired girl said. she was creepy and so were most vultures. "I will race"

there were a few moments of silence and Mayor Henry cleared his throat "is that everyone?" he asked. no responce. "okay lets get started"

he turned to the racers "ready?" he asked everyone nodded

five... four... three... two...

the Mayor sounded the horn that started the race. and the racers were off

dang one second off

I watched Belle take off and she shot ahead into forth place. I could see she was trying not to pass Maya she didn't want to rank in the top three even though she could easily do it.

Charlie was in second which I was counting on. he was a jerk and didn't deserve it but if he was a Goldwing he'd be a three week flight away or something. I spied my clan chief, Luke, standing next to the Mayor his bright red wings were spread halfway and he was watching with great precision.

my wings were of a female cardinal, they were gray-brown with dull red feathers mixed in. I spread them to their full width, which was only a short length.

I spotted Gale in the crowd, his blue jay wings folded tight to his back. I landed next to him he jumped I barly noticed.

I was staring at Belle flying to the finish line.

third place.

 

1