CH. 0 the Old World
2.9k 2 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the hushed aftermath of a once-roaring stadium, John stood amidst the wreckage of his shattered dreams. Once hailed as a legend of football, his world crumbled with the screech of twisted metal in a tragic car crash. Reduced to a mere echo of his former self, John languished in the shadows of his own despair.

He was a 35-year-old American whose life was ruined by the car crash, which left him paralyzed. His ex-wife took half his money, and he lost custody of his children since he was starting to develop an alcohol addiction. One fateful night, heavily intoxicated, he heard a voice in his head offering him his old body back, but even better than before. 

At first, he thought he went crazy hearing voices, turning around looking for the origin of the voice and finding nothing, but after a while trying to focus more on the voice, he realised what the voice was saying, which made him pay close attention and answer, "If by any chance you know how to restore my old body, I would do anything." After saying that, a mysterious figure appeared before him.

It was a bright golden silhouette offering him to restore his body, but for that, he would have to complete a task for him. John was interested and listened carefully as it was explained: "I will send you to another world and give you an encyclopaedia with you. Your task will be to find every animal, beast, or monster and do a certain task with them. After that, you will get the perfect body.

John didn't need to think twice since his current life was miserable enough to make him think about committing suicide, so he nodded in understanding and accepted the being's deal. It suddenly vanishes, leaving behind a big book. John rolls closer to the book and picks it up, reading the title, "Monster Encyclopaedia."

As he touches the book, a portal opens behind him, sucking him in. The world falls pitch black, and he falls unconscious very fast. After a while, John wakes up, looking at the tops of trees all around him. He turns aside and sees the Encyclopaedia. He turns to grab it, but notices something major.

53