CH.73
130 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having checked up on everything, Johanna slowly trotted away from the cave until she was sure she could safely turn into a bird, which she then used to take off and fly back towards Basisl's and her home. After continuing to fly for multiple hours over the dead carcass of the spider, she finally arrived back home, where she secretly transformed back into her human form, and then was greeted by Basil and Molly at the door. As she approached the two of them, she was embraced by Molly in a hug, which was soon joined by Basil, who also wanted to embrace his wife. After hugging for a while, Johanna was surprised by the dinner Basil and Molly had cooked for her return, but since she wanted to thank them too, she decided it would be only appropriate if she, in return, cooked something for them too, even though they insisted on her enjoying her meal first.

But Johanna had other plans and decided to still cook them their food so that they could all enjoy a nice dinner together.So she walked over into the kitchen and started preparing something for them to eat as well. While Johanna and Basil remained in the kitchen together, Molly offered to take care of the children so that Basil and Johanna could spend some alone time together, which both of them were grateful for. While Molly was taking care of the children, Johanna had to have an important conversation with him, and she just couldn't keep going forever. 

"Basil, there are a few things I need to tell you about me."

Basil looked surprised and confused since he didn't know what she could be talking about, and since Johanna indirectly sent Molly away, he was sure that it was something important. 

"Sure, go on."

Instead of continuing to talk, Johanna just decided to show him a part of her ability, slowly shifting her human arm into that of an intimidating black blade, which shook Basil, who stumbled a few steps backwards.

"Johanna, what the fuck is this?"

"Well, you know that surviving in this forest isn't easy, and the real reason I was banished into the forest was because of my shapeshifting abilities, and I'm pretty sure you still remember the giant spider. I was the one who killed it together with another shapeshifter friend of mine."

"What!? So you have been meaning to tell me that I have been living together with a shapeshifter for the past months without me knowing, and to add to that, I have not only been living with one; I have had sex with one and made children with a shapeshifter." 

"Yes, that's about it, but the reason I have told you this now is that it could be that Molly and the other two have inherited the shapeshifting ability from me; that's why I have told this to you now, so that we wouldn't have to keep it a secret."

At this point in time, it was only a thesis, and nothing was proven, but Johanna wanted to make sure that all of this was cleared up. There were other things that she still didn't want to tell him, since they were pretty weird, like being the leader of a goblin village, but she still decided that if she got the chance and the bravery, she would tell him.

Basil just stood there in silence as Johanna was turning her hand back to normal and stepping a step closer to Basil, but he only stepped away from her, making Johnana sad. She still understood Basil's feelings since she literally lied to him about very important things and married him afterwards, but it was too late now to change any of her lies or her confession. Johanna just returned to the kitchen, letting Basil know about all that had happened today. Once she finished cooking, she set up the plates at the dinner table while Basil went over to get Molly.

As they were eating in complete silence, Molly instantly realised that there was something wrong that happened, so she just decided to blatantly ask, but her question was answered with complete silence. All they did was eat up in silence until they were done; after that, Johanna cleaned the dishes while Basil had already walked into one of the empty rooms, not their bedroom. Since Molly didn't want to worsen the situation any more than it already was, she decided it would be best to just let it be and return to her room. With nothing else to do, Johanna just entered the bedroom, where she lay down exhausted, sighing out loud. 

As she was silently watching through the window at the stars, she was contemplating if her decision was right and what she should do from now on. Two things instantly came to her mind: to apologise to Basil, but she would wait with that one until tomorrow, and to try out if Molly or her other children have inherited the shapeshifting ability.

4