Prelude to Adventure
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "Ugh... huh... HUH... WHAT THE HELL...?!" Typhon slowly stirred awake to a surprising sight. He had woken up in the middle of the forest at dusk, however he had remained calm until he saw a few Metapod... being slowly eaten alive by a group of Spinaraks.

      He decided right away to give up on figuring out why he was even seeing something so horrible. He looked around, ' I need to make sure which direction I should run toward. Is that a...?' Fireworks burst in the air. 'Fireworks = people.' So he immediately ran In the direction of the fireworks.

   He was out of breath by the time he reached the edge of the forest. He saw a small town in the distance and ran towards it with renewed vigor. As he grew nearer he passed a sign saying Pallet Town, Kanto which caused suspicion to become certainty the same way night was now becoming day. He headed towards what he now recognized as Oak's lab.

   As the adrenaline left him he sat on the ground and collected his breath while leaning against the back wall. Once he had collected himself he started to think about ending up in a new world. 'So... A new life in a new world hmm... Well I don't know the how or why I'm here, but I won't pass up such a miracle. Since this at least confirms that there are other worlds and travel between them is possible. If I can learn more about this I can decide then what I want to do. However I'm going to look forward to seeing everything in this world. I think I'll avoid training a Spinarak or Ariados though.'

   He dusted himself off and organized his appearance. 'Hmm so I seem to be a couple years younger now. Probably around 18. What's that in my pocket? Oh a modern Pokédex... Why? Well let's see if it has anything useful, oh it's one of them that doubles as my trainers license. Well if I have let's see if there's a way for me to get a pokemon through normal means.'

He walked around the building slowly as he realized there was now a somewhat changed version of the beginning of the anime where Ash an Gary were 18 instead of 10. There was a banner that said it was the annual Beginners ceremony. From what he could gather from the edge of the crowd around the front door there were already differences between pokemon as an anime vs reality. While you could take part in unofficial battles, you needed to be 18 and get registered to be officially deemed a trainer. Those who didn't already have a Pokémon could get one during this ceremony.

   'I guess while I was gathering info Ash and Gary already finished arguing and got their pokemon. I should be able to make use of this to get my own Pokémon. Wonder what ones are available still?'

"Woah what's that?" Typhon muttered as he pulled out his Pokédex It was apparently a Pokémon he had never seen called Chardet. He immediately dashed forward before anyone made a claim and flashed his license at oak and asked if he could partner with him. Oak just replied if he said no it would be completely against the point of the ceremony and also gave him extra Pokéballs.

   He decided to find a bed somewhere to rest in before he left for viridian the next day.

 

1