chapter 7: Bai Gu Mountain’s Inheritance-1
59 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Gu Mountain was a formidable range with dense forests and thick vegetation that covered its entire expanse. The situation in the mountains was not like the woods. There were large numbers of wild beast groups, and many ferocious beasts and dangerous gu worms lurked in its depths. Many areas needed to be avoided, and some places even needed to be steered clear of.

Our group had flown to Bai Gu mountain, and we all had concealment path gu worms to make it easier for us to explore. We navigated through the dense forest and finally reached the spiral bone cave, which was the entrance to the Grey Bone Scholar's inheritance.

As we entered the cave, we noticed that the walls were white and had sharp bone spikes. These bone spikes looked the same as in other caves, but upon observing them closely, we found that they were spiral at the tip, which was different from others. This was the spiral bone cave, and the only cave with so many spiral bone spikes in the entire Bai Gu mountain.

"The Bai Gu mountain had numerous caves, but among them, only one had numerous spiral bone spikes. The concealment gu master informed the clan leader that they had found the specific cave that he was looking for, but unfortunately, there was nothing inside it. The clan leader praised the gu master's effort and ordered them to move on to the next task. Following the command, the gu master left immediately."

Our group moved deeper into the cave, till we reached the end. Clan leader was disappointed to find out that the cave was small and there was no way, any inheritance ground could be in such a place. 

“Everyone, please try to find a bone spike that could be twisted; it is the mechanism to open the entrance…”,I said.

The clan leader's eyes showed anticipation and everyone in the group did exactly as I said.

'It should be a rather large bone spike,' I thought for a second before starting to search for that special bone spike. I saw a large bone spike in the cave, with very closely carved spiral markings.

I stepped forward and stretched my hand towards the rather conspicuous large bone spike. Next, I twisted it lightly. 

'Creak... Creak... Creak...' There was a loud sound and the bone spikes began to contract; a secret door opened from the side, revealing a squarish cave opening. The clan leader's eyes shone with excitement.

Hwang gu stopped squinting and stared at this change in shock.

 'A cave?' No. 7 whispered. 

'Ah, there's a cave!' No. 5, the battle gu master, shouted.

'Hmph, keep your mouth shut,' murmured Hwang gu. Number 5 drooped his head down in shame."

The tunnel appeared well-lit with pure white light, but it was filled with bone spikes that looked like sharp spears. The spikes were tightly packed, sealing the entire passage. However, there was a small gap between them, which revealed a hall on the other side.

The tunnel appeared well-lit with pure white light, but it was filled with bone spikes that looked like sharp spears. The spikes were tightly packed, sealing the entire passage. However, there was a small gap between them, which revealed a hall on the other side.

Number 5 tried to use gu worms to break open a path by destroying the bone spears, but he was unsuccessful.

“Move aside it will be faster if I do it”,Said the clan leader stepping forward with the blue light shining in his palm.

However, he soon realized that the bone spears were extremely tough and difficult to break in one move. It would take at least a few move to break even one spear.

I told them we can take a different approach.

I searched around according to what the novel had said in my previous life, trying to find the shortest spiral bone spike, and pulling it.

Creak……

With another sound of some mechanisms being activated, the cave behind the group sealed itself while the bone spears in the tunnel contracted back into the walls.

Suddenly, the path ahead was smooth and unobstructed.

All of their gazes flickered, as they looked behind subconsciously.

The cave entrance ahead of us had opened itself.

“Weren't you supposed to get revelations, Since when did revelations become so   detailed? How do you know all of this?”, asked No. 5 with an intimidating gaze

“Like I would tell you”, I thought in my mind.

But I showed no expression and looked at Gu Yue Bo, Tilting my head as if to ask, “Should I tell them?”

The whole group had the same question in their mind as they looked at me,

“Stop asking unnecessary things number 5’, clan head snapped.

None of them asked any questions after that, as they drooped their head.

“In due time you all wouldn't even be able to look me in the eye without fear”, I thought 

clan head also looked at curious eyes as if to ask how? how do you know so much details about this? Did gen1ancestor really give this much information?

After looking at Gu Yue Bo’s expression, I knew I had to say something or the tension would increase even more.

“When I see things I somehow get the feeling that I know about it and I get a bit of a headache and then I somehow know it, I suddenly get the information about it. It's like knowing what something tastes like before even tasting it.”I explained

All of them furrowed their eyebrows showing different expressions.

I laughed and said to the group:

"Welcome to Bai Gu Mountain’s Inheritance ground."

4