Chapter 11: “Bound by Gu, Shaped by Fate”
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This is the bone flesh unity Gu?” Without taking the time to carefully investigate, I took it and instantly refined it, storing it in my aperture. A newly refined gu’s will is very weak, Thus I was able to refine it instantly.

The bone flesh unity gu worm stood still, motionless like a dead creature. Its scattered will felt my aura and didn't do anything, so I took the opportunity to mobilize my primeval essence. 

My green copper primeval essence drove straight in, flowing vigorously without resistance. There was no obstruction at all. The green copper color on the surface of the bone flesh unity gu worm rapidly expanded. In a few winks, the once pearl-white bone flesh unity gu worm was fully dyed green. 

With that, the bone flesh unity gu worm was fully refined!

All three of us showed a joyous expression as if we just hadn't burned two children to death.

“You did well, this is your vital Gu from now on take care of it.” said Hwang gu

A pair of linked jade bracelets appeared in front of me and then suddenly completely dissipated in the air. Almost instantly, two circular red marks appeared on my right and left wrist.

...

This reminded me of the novel,

‘When fang yuan refined the flesh bone unity gu, two jade bracelets suddenly appeared in the air as soon as he refined the gu, then those bracelets vanished unexpectedly. After that, Fang Yuan and Bai Ning Bing found themselves marked with circular symbols: green on Fang Yuan's left wrist and red on Bai Ning Bing's right. With that sudden event, a mysterious connection formed between them, intertwining their hearts, blood, and flesh. Henceforth, Fang Yuan could sense Bai Ning Bing, and likewise, Bai Ning Bing could feel Fang Yuan's presence.’

...
However, I wasn't expecting to not be linked/bound with Hwang Gu and have both the band on myself. So… does this mean that I can have dual cultivation with anyone?

...

Plans can't always keep up with changes, but that's okay. I'm thrilled and really happy right now! 

This is the best possible scenario, I had already mentally prepared myself to be bounded to a Hwang gu, a refinement path who master helped me with refinement, but now I can dual cultivate with anyone, My growth speed will be far faster this way.

In the midst of contemplating my plans and the unpredictable nature of my future journey, a subtle shift occurred in my thoughts. I was pondering about my future dual cultivation and the changes it will bring, suddenly seeing its potential with a newfound openness. As I explored the possibilities, a sense of excitement bubbled In my head.

Externally, I maintained a calm expression, careful not to reveal the evolving nature of my thoughts to the group. Plans might have changed, but I embraced the uncertainty with a quiet enthusiasm. Beneath my composed demeanor, a current of joy flowed, carrying with it the thrill of embracing the unexpected. Despite my calm exterior, a subtle spark hinted at the joy and anticipation I felt within, shielded from the prying eyes of my companions.

The longer we stay in the cave the higher the chances of us getting caught by Bai clan.

After taking everything the group could, except for the 4 spirit springs that they needed to collect later, and the gu left in the teeth in Flesh sack secret chamber, And the flying Bone shield gu.

The Bai gu Mountain Villagers and clan members were frantically searching for the perpetrator who kidnapped the children and caused this whole incident. We made sure to not get caught by them as we flew away.

Number 4 and Number 8, known for their expertise in covert operations and killing, were assigned a mission by the clan leader to take out both mother and her daughter, tying up any loose ends. In order to carry out the mission effectively, they stayed put and awaited the mother's arrival to retrieve the daughter, Bai Cha.

We all left for Gu Yue village except Number 4 and number 8…

...

I came to this mountain with nothing but an unrefined moonlight gu worm, some half-baked knowledge, and powerlessness, and I was leaving with trust and hopes of 6 rank three and a rank four Gu master and many gu worms such as- 

  • Moonlight gu- the Moonlight Gu's appearance changes during the refining process, turning from blue crystal to jade green before returning to its original form. By the marking of the crescent on one's forehead, the Moonlight Gu signifies its refining process being complete. Moonlight Gu's effectiveness in combat lies in its skillful use of moonblades. For gu masters, the Moonlight Gu serves as a strong and flexible worm on their cultivation path.

 

  • Jade bone gu-  Jade bone Gu could remodel the Gu Master's skeleton into that of a jadelike quality, making the bones harder and more supple. This effect was permanent like black and white boar Gu or the crocodile strength Gu. However, this jade bone Gu was a one-time use expendable Gu. It also had a shortcoming; the Gu master would suffer from extremely intense pain when using it. A lot of Gu Masters with weak willpower have died from the pain of using the jade bone Gu.

 

  • Flesh Appetite gu- Getting a flesh appetite gu was my second main objective. Only after getting this gu could I make an intricate set of lies and blame it all on this gu, if I didn't get this gu then I would have had to work a lot harder. This flesh appetite gu helps with a gu master to convert a large amount of meat into- 1% to 2% primeval essence inside the primeval aperture's sea, but it was a temporary use gu and after one week it needed the gu master to eat a lot of meat again and the amount of meat that was needed to be consumed was about a bore's size. Bore or pork in this world was not cheap, and mortals could only afford to slaughter one during the New Year celebration, and enjoy themselves. It was not useable for rank 2 or above and could only be used by rank1 to convert food to primeval essence. But it was a famous gu nonetheless Gu masters who liked to eat a lot often used it to stay slim. Its demand would have been even more if gu masters above rank one could use it.

 

  • Flesh bone gu-  Flesh-bone was a rank three Gu, but it wasn't an expendable Gu and could be used again and again. It can be said it's a super healing gu. It was often used together with rising dead Gu. If a Gu Master's corpse wasn't intact, one could first use flesh-bone Gu to reconstruct their flesh, and then use rising dead Gu to resurrect the Gu Master. Throughout the history, this pairing was quite common and had benefited a lot of big shots; among them were even rank nine immortal venerable and demon venerables. This was an ideal healing Gu.

 

  • Ribcage shield gu- Ribcage shield Gu could cause a Gu Master to grow two rows of rib cages, shielding their chest, and had a great defense, and it made the bones permanently lighter. It was a rank three Gu, advantages being: Other than the initial growth period, which needs a lot of primeval essence, afterward it can be sustained without primeval essence, something like the heavenly essence treasure lotus, after it is refined, it can be used without injecting primeval essence.

 

 

  • Bone flesh unity gu-  This was a Gu which could refine another's primeval essence into the Gu Master's primeval essence, greatly helping in increasing cultivation speed.

 

After flying for a long time, we found a cozy cave and decided to take a break for a few hours. Number Seven started cooking some food over a fire we made. We all sat together, enjoying the warmth and each other's company, before getting ready to continue our journey refreshed and ready.

...

Hwang gu asked me to experiment on how bone flesh unity works.

I nodded yes to that.

...

I asked him to place his palm against mine, pour his primeval essence on my hand.

One of the red circle marks transferred on his hands from my wrist, Then I asked him to fill 5% of his primeval essence into the gu I sent into his aperture.

He was surprised to see a red bracelet suddenly appear in his aperture. He filled it up with 5% of his rank 3 middle-stage blossom silver primeval essence, and he nodded towards me.

 I recalled the gu worm back.

...

‘Gu Masters were divided into nine ranks of great realms, each great realms

were further divided into four small realms; initial stage, middle stage,

upper stage and peak stage.

 

  • The initial stage was light membrane aperture walls; the light was thin and flickering.

 

 

  • The middle stage was water membrane aperture walls; the light flowed freely.

 

 

  • The upper stage was stone membrane aperture walls; the light was condensed to solid state.

 

 

  • The peak stage was crystal membrane aperture walls with ethereal and pure radiance.’ 

 

I remembered academy elder’s teaching as I watched my light membrane.

I was ready for his primeval essence to assimilate it within my primeval sea. However, with one wave of impact from the snow silver primeval essence that flowed into my jade green primeval essence, this light membrane wall of my rank 1 initial stage aperture started shaking violently!

“I clearly transferred five percent of my snow silver primeval essence, but you only received 2/5th of it; three-fifth of it was lost in conversion.” Hwang gu's observation was even more detailed.

We used those twins, shouldn’t this bone flesh unity Gu type be blood kin relation Gu. Didn't the scroll say it? This bone flesh unity Gu can be divided into five types of quality depending on how deep the relation between the two refiners is?

Hwang gu replied, “yes, From low to high, it is divided into: fratricidal, friendly relation, indissoluble relation, familial relation, blood kin relation.”

...

According to what the scroll mentioned, bone flesh unity Gu contained five types of Gu worms.

The worst quality was the fratricidal Gu which converted ten percent of primeval essence into one-fifth of it; above it was friendly relation Gu which converted ten percent of primeval essence into two-fifth of it; indissoluble relation Gu could transfer three-fifths; familial relation Gu could transfer four-fifths; and the top blood kin relation Gu could transfer a hundred percent of the primeval essence without any loss in conversion.

It seems Bone Scholar or maybe the refinement you suggested was wrong, or maybe both. After all it is a new gu, It is still very helpful, you have friendly relation bone flesh unity gu, and you won't have to worry about your cultivation road ahead, It will be fast and smooth.

With how it works, you might be able to reach rank five within 10 years, this is great news!

The whole group was tongue-tied and shocked but after that came expressions of delight.

I showed a smile to them, but I was absolutely devastated inside.

Why?

Why did fang yuan's method not work?

I remember reading that perfectly in the novel, why did fang yuan's method not work? 

I was able to achieve the refinement that he initially wanted, and I remember he failed because the twins were not awakened Gu master by then. Furthermore, I made sure to make them Gu masters before refining them, so why?

There are major differences in both of our gu’s, While I can duel cultivate with anyone, It won't be as effective as the gu he created for dual cultivation.

He could only cultivate with one person, that was Bai Ning bing But the amount of primeval essence that he could take from her was far more than what I can take from Hwang gu or anyone for that matter, While I can dual cultivate with anyone, but it won't be even nearly as effective as Fang Yuan’s dual cultivation.

Wait! Wait!  Wait! Could it be that Fang Yuan's creation of a superior Gu was influenced by fate? After experiencing failure in his initial refinement attempt on the twins, he turned to refining his own flesh along with Bai Ning Bing's, who possessed an extreme physique. Perhaps the twins' older age played a role, or maybe it was the sequence fleh offeref that is Bai Ning bing’s extreme physique flesh after Bai Sheng’s extreme physique flesh or heavens will.

Any of these could have been the reason for the powerful Gu that Fang Yuan created. What a disaster!

He made a better gu despite his failure in refinement. But I, even with a successful refinement, ended up with a weaker gu. Heaven's will is truly ridiculous! 

I realize now that I should not take heaven's will lightly. I had underestimated its power, but I will not make that mistake again.

...

Both Elders poured their primeval essence into my aperture for a total of 4 hours. It took me 2 hours from Hwang Gu and 2 hours from clan head to reach rank one middle stage.

My Initial stage was light membrane aperture walls; the light was thin and flickering. But within two hours the light flowed freely in my aperture, My light membrane aperture walls were changed into water membrane aperture walls, I reached Middle stage!

All of them were exasperated at my cultivation speed, Talking about how It's possible only because of my high aptitude and this special Gu.

"He really has great future prospects." one of them said.

“He will be able to reach rank 5, if nurtured properly”, said Hwang gu.

“Excellent work Fang Zheng, This cultivation speed is great, but I remember seeing you flinching and startled because of noises during refinement, that won't do! You need to develop even more and work harder in your cultivation, and I will supervise you personally.” said the clan leader.

‘You fuckers were burning children alive, how am I not supposed to flinch?’, I thought, ‘these people are truly unbelievable, they only care about people who have the same blood as them and will not give a fuck about another’s life if they don't share a relation with them.’

I showed a Face of gratitude but internally thought that Fang Yuan had raised From the middle stage of rank one to the peak stage of rank one, nearly breaking through rank second within one night of cultivation, My cultivation speed is far lower than his, I thought I would be able to take it easy from here on, but I can’t do that cause of this gu, it's truly not as good as I thought it was going to be.

Hwang Gu added, “I will personally teach you refinement. Make sure that you give it your all.”

As I received the news that I would be trained under Hwang Gu, a subtle smile curved my lips, a facade of gratitude and eagerness plastered across my face.

Internally, however, my reaction was far different. A sociopathic thrill pulsed through me, excitement mingled with a cold detachment. Training under Hwang Gu meant access to knowledge and power, opportunities to refine my skills and advance further on my path. But beyond that, it meant influence, manipulation, and a chance to mold myself into something greater. As I contemplated the possibilities, a sense of satisfaction washed over me. Hwang Gu's expertise would be a tool for my own ambitions, a means to an end. Emotions like loyalty or gratitude were real for me but in this world these were foreign concepts to me, mere illusions crafted by those too weak to seize control of their own destinies.

Externally, I maintained the mask of a dedicated disciple, eager to absorb the teachings of my mentor. But behind the facade, my mind churned with plans and schemes, calculating every move with precision. Under Hwang Gu's guidance, I would become a force to be reckoned with.

“After half an hour we will be leaving for Gu Yue Village”, said the clan leader.

Hearing that, I took out my moonlight go and started to refine it. "Ah right, Due to this mission you weren't able to refine your Gu, if it weren't for the mission you would have won. Considering your aptitude.You definitely deserve to come first in refining your initial Gu. Hwang Gu, help him.”, said the clan leader.

I nodded and received help from Hwang Gu.

It took about an hour to refine it.

It generally took 12 days even for a b grade like Mo Chen, but I was an A-grade with rank one middle stage cultivation and Hwang Gu’s help in continuous replenishment of my primeval sea made it too easy.

All I had to do was continuously transferring primeval essence like crazy, after all my primeval sea was filled over and over again with elder's help.

We went back to the Clan after half an hour, We were near the gu Yue Village

I could see the Gu Yue village from above, Gu Yue Village under the cover of night, a serene stillness enveloped the surroundings. The village, normally bustling with activity during the day, now lay quiet and tranquil, bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight. Shadows danced across the cobblestone pathways, casting an ethereal ambiance over the quaint houses and buildings.

The rooftops of the village homes glistened with a faint gleam, reflecting the gentle radiance of the night sky above. Silhouettes of trees swayed gently in the breeze, their leaves rustling softly in the night air. Lanterns hung outside a few homes, their dim glow casting a warm, inviting light onto the deserted streets below.

As we landed in Gu Yue Village, our journey to get back to Gu Yue village came to an end.

As I touched down on the ground, the sound of my footsteps echoed faintly in the stillness, breaking the silence of the night. The village seemed to slumber peacefully, its inhabitants nestled in the embrace of sleep. only the steps of guards could be heard.

Despite the quietude, there was an undeniable sense of tranquility and harmony that permeated the air. Gu Yue Village, even in the darkness of night, exuded a sense of timeless beauty and serenity that spoke to the heart.

Taking a moment to appreciate the scene before me, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Despite the challenges and dangers I had faced so far, I had finally returned to the safety and familiarity of home. With a contented sigh, I began to make my way through the sleeping village, ready to claim my prize and rest after the trials that lay behind me.

The clan leader said, “we will talk about the rewards later, the contributions you have done till now are remembered well, after we attend to the affairs that need to be attended. Your hard work will be rewarded handsomely, especially you, Gu Yue Fang Zheng. Head to the academy elder now with your refined moonlight gu to win the first prize. Tomorrow, we will discuss your rewards and the financial assistance the clan will offer for your contributions.”

I nodded my head to that.

2