9. First Encounter
1.7k 0 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 - First Encounter


 

My entire afternoon was spent exploring the area around the meteorite. I examined every crack and crevice to search for anything that could help me find this legendary weapon, but it was just a rock on the ground now. Heading inside, I noticed Elara lying on the couch beneath the blanket, almost asleep.

"Hey, Elara. Sorry to bother you, but did the prophecy include a sword?"

"Hmm..." She sat up and rubbed her eyes with her hands, mumbling softly, then cleared her throat to clear her thoughts and focus. "Yeah, there was. But it's a weird story, to begin with. Can't quite remember much of it, but it's said to be a revivable sword."

"What does that mean?"

"It doesn't exist in this world anymore. Or, more precisely, it doesn't exist in this world yet." She leaned back with a satisfied grin, pulling the blanket higher to hide herself. Her legs crossed. "The legend speaks that the weapon was first forged by the divine blacksmiths in the heart of a cosmic forge. It was crafted with the remnants of a shattered comet, and according to the legend, it is the same type of meteor that carried you."

"So the sword is inside the meteor?"

"Nope, it's inside of you. Inside you, there is a blueprint for the sword. That is what I meant with a revivable sword. It can be created again with the same quality even by an amateur blacksmith, as long as it is made with the meteor and you interfere with the process if I remember correctly."

"That's certainly... something. So what? Are there any blacksmiths here who know how to handle space metal?" I asked. "Could that Targon guy do it?"

"Probably. It's just rock again, right? Your arrival was followed by that meteor strike, right? People might believe that you hold knowledge on how it should be reforged."

I sighed. "Ahh, fuck my life."

"Hehe, I'm sure it'll work out."

"Yeah, I'll figure it out later once I'm acclimated a bit better. Thanks," I responded with a smile, pulling the blanket away to lay with her underneath the fabric. "In the meantime, could you teach me how to swing a sword? You know, even if I get insanely strong, technique is always important."

"Wait, really? I thought you would be a master. But well, of course, I can!" Elara happily grinned and stroked my cheek, chuckling. She gently planted kisses all over my face and pulled my cheeks before pushing them in until they stretched outward. I blushed slightly at the intimacy, even though we had already gone much farther today. It wasn't until now that I realized that I must've taken some of Ishtar's personality traits. I was never much of a flirt, nor did I have any sexual experience, but everything went so smoothly with Elara. Hopefully, as time goes on, my former male mindset could merge seamlessly with Ishtar's playfulness.

"Swinging swords with skill is important no matter how much physical strength one has," she explained with a wry smile, poking the tip of my nose with her fingertip. "We can start tomorrow."

She was already so comfortable being close to me. I was beginning to get worried about whether or not she would mind a harem. After all, it was my duty to sleep with multiple girls, but I didn't know if it was purely for the sake of saving the world or if I was using that as an excuse to enjoy myself.

"Sounds good." I wrapped an arm around her waist and rested my chin on top of her head. I felt so comfy now, and I wanted to fall asleep already, but it would've been a waste to rest after taking a nap just before dinner. I gently caressed her hair while speaking, "See ya!"

She smiled up at me and nodded.

 

***

 

The festival began with a massive bonfire in the center of the village. Everyone gathered around it, singing and dancing while eating delicious roasted meat and drinking wine. Some children even played games together, such as tag or hide-and-seek, but the main event was me. Countless villagers have come up to me, giving me gifts and compliments and telling me about their worries and hopes for the future. Some even had marriage proposals, but I politely turned them down. It was overwhelming.

A group of musicians had begun to play cheerful tunes in the background, and several people had started dancing to the music. Others drank, chatted, or sang along, but I remained seated with a goblet in my hand. Torina came running, hugging my arm tight while beaming at me. Her face was rosy-cheeked with joy, and she kept bouncing with excitement as she talked.

"Yay, look, Ishtar!"

"Hey again, Torina," I replied with a grin. "How're things going with you?"

She looked down at her bare feet and shrugged. "It's fine. I guess it feels a bit weird being alone all the time."

"Yup. I've kinda longed for some alone time since the festival started. It's been so overwhelming dealing with everyone, and it seems like people have finally left us alone," I shouted, barely drowning out the various songs and laughter.

Torina laughed along with me and nodded fervently. "I didn't know you were this big of a deal! Who knew I was hanging with a goddess girl that everyone looked up to? That's cool, though! Makes me happy to be part of your life."

The village chief, whom I met earlier, had arrived beside me. He clasped his hands together and raised an arm high above his head, shouting loudly. Everyone around me had stopped and stared at him curiously, waiting patiently to listen as he cleared his voice. "Tonight is the beginning of a new era!" he shouted with authority. His voice was deeper than usual, booming throughout the surrounding crowd. "Let us celebrate!"

An enthusiastic cheer rose from the group, followed by drunken yelling and excited yells. Food and drink were passed out among everyone, who poured wine on top of each other, chugging it back into their mouths without spilling.

I looked around me while laughing at their silly antics, drinking the ale in front of me. A warm feeling developed throughout my insides, spreading throughout my stomach as soon as I swallowed my first gulp of alcohol. I sighed contentedly after finishing my glass.

All of a sudden, a person came running, looking frightened, as if they were scared by something. The crowd turned their attention to him as he halted near me.

"AN ORC! There is an orc who is headed towards us!"

Shocked silence fell. The man panted heavily, clutching his stomach while desperately gasping for air.

"W-Where? I mean, did you see the creature?" a villager cried out.

"W-where did you see it?" another questioned urgently.

"In the woods, east from here. A-and he's was marching towards our village," the man replied while trying to calm down, still breathing. He looked up at me, who sat atop a nearby barrel, finishing my ale, and continued, "Oh, savior! Please! He says he is after you!"

"Uwah, now of all times," I complained. The villagers all looked at me worriedly, awaiting my orders. "How did ya'll survive without me again?"

I hopped down to the ground and began walking forward toward the direction of the orc.

"Lead the way, young man. And make haste."

People screamed when I finished talking and panicked in fear, scattering all across the area. Many took refuge inside their houses, while some grabbed their weapons and followed me as well. Some of them even joined me in following him. Torina clutched at my arms and walked behind me. "Hey, it's just an orc. I can also fight if you don't want to."

"If I get defeated, then its your turn," I told Torina, patting her head affectionately. Then I turned towards the male who ran for the village and followed him into the night forest. "I do know how to throw a punch or two."

 

Thanks for reading, as always!

If you'd like to support me, you can read ahead of time on my Patreon, which includes many, many sexy 18+ illustrations as well.

www.patreon.com/squidball

squidball out~

52