The new Squad. Chapter 3
49 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A blue outline filled Zeke's vision as a huge futuristic block-like structure was waiting to be placed. "Holy shit, Iris, you didn't tell me it was this big." 

Placing the structure was as simple as pressing a big green button which asked Zeke if he confirmed his placement. Selecting the green button caused reality to warp itself, and now standing ten feet away was a gray-toned large facility bigger than any house he had ever seen. 

"Oh my God, it's Fort fucking Knox," Zeke exclaimed. 

"Iris, can you also spawn the Platoon for me?" he asked. 

"Yes, Zeke." 

"Thank you."

 

Five chalk-like, ghostly white individuals appeared in front of Zeke, each carrying an M1 Garand promised by Iris. Identical to the grains of wood in the butt of the gun, the faces of these individuals held human-like expressions much like how theater masks would display. However, there were just black voids for the eyes and mouth. Dressed in plaid and beige camo uniforms, these creatures who were slightly creepier than Zeke would love to admit, stood motionless waiting for orders. 

Taking the initiative to get things done, Zeke decided to find out all they could do.

 "Welcome units, I am Zeke, your commander. When I address your platoon, I expect you to listen and salute me for three seconds before resting your arms by your side," he said.

 Zeke watched as they followed his orders to a tee. 'This is so fucking awesome,' he thought, giddy as a kid with candy he continued with his orders. 

"Now we will do push-ups. I would like each one of you to individually do one hundred push-ups, and after one of you is done, the other will start. Now who to start with?"

 Scanning the line of units, Zeke's eyes snagged on one in particular who, unlike the rest, had a different insignia on his uniform. All the units spawned with a black Ouroboros patch on their right arm. However, this fellow had a unique emblem that rested on his chest, different from the one all the others had on their arms. On his chest rested a sniper scope-like symbol, resembling those used to describe marksman or sniper classes in video games. Looking at his weapon closer, Zeke realized that he had unintentionally overlooked him.

 Sure enough, mounted on the gun, unlike all the others, his gun had a scope on it.

 "What the fuck, Iris? I didn't get a scope. Are you playing favorites or some shit?" Zeke asked. 

"No, Zeke, calm yourself. Each platoon comes with a leader of some sort. It depends on luck, but you could get one specializing in explosives, heavy machine guns, shotguns, etc. Your unit seems to specialize in long-range engagements. All leaders excel at a higher level than other units. I suggest naming leaders so you can keep track of squads better." 

"Wow, you are surprisingly useful, Iris. Thank you." 

"Surprisingly? You stupid son of a bitch? I am always useful." 

"Yeah, yeah, sure." 

Snickering to himself, Zeke pondered on what name to give his magnum opus. 'Alpha? No, that's lame as hell. Shivering at the thought of his leader becoming a furry werewolf or some shit, he dismissed that name. Zeke Jr.? No, that's weird. My son would be way more handsome than sir stone face over yonder.'

 "I got it. You will be Simo… The white death."

 "Lame ass name," a whisper reached his ears, or it would be his mind since Iris is freeloading in his head. 

"What was that, Iris?" Zeke asked. 

"Oh, nothing," Iris responded.

 Dismissing his system, which Oslo must have got off, Temu, Zeke happily ignored her. Smiling at his own name he came up with, the smug bastard moved forward with his initial plan he had before he got distracted.

 "Line up side by side. Simo stands on the far left. Once in a line side by side, you will start the push-ups from left to right. When one finishes the one hundred push-ups, the next of you will start."

 Watching each of his soldiers, Zeke was honestly slightly shocked. Each one of them completely blew away his expectations. These soldiers were inhuman. They had no problem doing such measly pushups and seemed to never fatigue.

 "What are their weak spots, Iris?" Zeke asked.

 "These creatures are made to follow orders made by a material with the consistency of flesh. These beings were made to be familiar to you. They have the capability to have 'blood,' but it's more to keep an appearance. Truthfully, they are more similar to the fantasy constructs of golems. Superior in every way, however, due to the ability to improvise and follow orders for the goal of achieving their commander's purpose. Much like golems, however, they have a critical spot which, if broken, kills them permanently or until you can get a med bay that can repair defeated units. They regenerate non-essential tissue within days and have a skull to protect their weak spots, which rest in their head."

 "So how do they move around?" Zeke asked.

 "Zeke, these are not like humans. They are powered by their core, which runs off the magic of the commander, which is you. However, due to being stuck in the Beyond, you have infinite magic," Iris explained.

Cutting her off Zeke yelled "Holy shit! Thank you Oslo, my Harem dream is within my grasp, I can finally make my family proud, I'll show you that I wasn't a useless virgin mother." Dramatically falling to his knees he continued to mutter useless shit under his breath.

"Sorry to burst your bubble Zeke, but unfortunately you can't use magic in this world due to being raised in a magicless world that you originate from. However, at least you can power your future army infinitely, right Zeke?"

"FUCK!!!!!" 

========================================================================

The sounds of dying dreams echoed through the vast and dark forest from all surrounding directions. Filling many creatures' ears the cries of anguish awoke a certain beast. One that stood above many. Angered at his peaceful nap being ruined it pushed the wind down below itself using its massive frame to propel itself forward in pursuit of encountering the unlucky bastard who awoke it.

1