The C-RAM (5)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time seemed to stop as the black shadowy figure uttered those terrifying words freezing Zeke to his very core. 

 

“Ze—”

 

“Zek—-” 

 

“ZEKE!”

 

Snapping out of his terror-induced state he stared wide-eyed at the menace calling out to him. 

 

Shakily he asked 

 

“What is that Iris?” 

 

“Draco petrus silvam. Otherwise known as a forest rock dragon, However, it appears to have evolved from the constant consummation of souls. Now it is known as the undefeated within this forest ecosystem.”

 

“What the fuck Iris how am I supposed to beat that? I am just a kid still I don’t even…”

Rambling on in a spiral of self pity Zeke was lost in the face of an impossibly strong adversary. 

 

“ZEKE MAN UP, YOUR SELF-DOUBT WILL NOT SAVE YOU SO STAND UP AND FIGHT”

 

“But Iri–”

 

“Zeke you will die if you don’t do something so activate the C-RAM and have Simo call your units back to fight.”

Listening and taking her advice to his beating heart he mentally ordered Simo and the rest of his troops to fight the dragon using guerilla tactics and rushed to the panel to activate the defense.

 

Moving his legs as fast as he could, he rushed up the stairs and slammed his shaking hand on the panel. 

 

Thankfully the sound of electronic and magical whirring reached the ears of Zeke even from the basement.

 

Watching on the screens in front of him he saw the group of soldiers sneakily posting up in between trees and shrubbery. 

 

Out of the corner of his eye Zeke watched in horror as purple flame began to spill out of the dragon's mouth, constantly spinning until it formed into a huge ball of flame. Diving forward with inhuman speeds it released the attack directly towards the base.

 

In fear, Zeke called out to Iris.

 

 “What can we do, Iris?”

 

Pitifully Iris responded.

 

“Pray”

 

Closing his eyes Zeke waited for the explosion to destroy all he had built in this short time.

 

However, the sound of a shriek filled his ears instead.

 

Opening his eyes he watched the C-RAM come to life rapidly spinning, releasing massive bullets only seen every few due to the tracer rounds used in it. 

 

The shrieking was because the now menacing and powerful dragon was now fleeing with massive holes viciously ripped through the creature's wings. 

 

“SToP ThIS YoU STuPId MortAL YOu KnOW NOT WHat You ARE DOing”

 

Zeke stood there wondering why the creature who once was coming for his life was begging him for its own. 

 

Zeke allowed the C-RAM to Continue ripping into the creature's body causing large holes to spread throughout its body. 

 

Cries of pain filled his ears and he watched as the massive creature crashed into the ground due to the creature's once beautiful wings being turned into nothing but bloody fashion statements.

 

Stopping the C-RAM Zeke gathered his thoughts and stormed out of the fort. Shouting, he gathered his troops.

 

“We are going to finish the creature off. It flew out the range of the C-RAM so we will hunt it. Due to the cameras, we know where it rests and we will be victorious in our mission.”

 

Marching forward with his weapon in hand Zeke mentally readied himself. However before he could get too serious, Iris called out to him.

 

“Do you know that they are golems and don’t need motivational speeches?”

 

Caught off guard Iris’s smartass remark caught him off guard, after chuckling to himself he responded by saying

 

“Thanks, Iris, I needed that.”

 

With a smile on his face and a new task at hand he confidently moved forward with his small platoon following. 

 

0