Unofficial debut in the capital part 2
212 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't matter whether they were nobles of various aristocratic ranks, merchants with a certain level of economic influence, or even mere servants who came to run errands for their lords; Everyone, without exception, looked incredulously at the girl who came out of that luxurious carriage.

Her beauty, which should only exist in the body of a goddess, was one of the reasons why many were shaken as if their souls had suffered a severe blow. However, the most important thing…

“That platinum white hair….those beautiful and divine eyes similar to the Goddess Nyvalis…Could it be?!”

“Impossible…Is that why your Holy Majesty's carriage is here? Was there really another Löwenherz even after so many years?”

“But no matter how many were taken to His Majesty's side as candidates a few decades ago…they all died once they were proven to be fake or stripped of their nobility if it results in a misunderstanding…So is it real? Is there anyone else with the bloodline of the goddess in this mortal world!?

“Why else would she possess such divine beauty!?”

“O goddess of salvation….You have blessed us with your divine daughter!…The Holy Empire will be eternal!”

“This is a sign from the heavens! The two sons of the goddess and the heroes will guide us in the war against the evil demons of the other kingdom!

Whispers and exclamations of excitement spread among the nobles, merchants and servants, all while looking at Asagao, talking about her and evidently wanting to get closer to her, but not daring to do so thanks to the fierce dens and knights who follow her.

Some were even crying in religious ecstasy, restraining themselves from shouting with joy as they prayed or thanked the Goddess, Nyvalis, for her mercy and blessing, so as not to disturb the girl who is clearly a daughter of heaven, possessing enormous divine power and unparalleled beauty.

To them, it is as clear as the sky above their heads that that noble, heavenly girl is the daughter of the goddess and a princess, the first princess of the Holy Empire that they would never have dreamed of seeing unless the Holy Emperor himself had a son of a woman's hand

However, it was impossible for her to be the daughter of the emperor, since demi-gods were unique and their children would not inherit their parents' lineage, at least as far as the historical records of ancient times dictated.

That made them sure that the girl, Asagao, was a direct daughter of the goddess…..Because no one other than her children should have platinum white hair and blue eyes like the most beautiful jewels!

“…”

In stunned silence at this enormous attention and the murmurs of the crowd who looked at her with awe or even adoration, only now did Asagao understand Ashfon's position fully.

When Asagao heard that Ashfon was considered a demi-god by the people of this world, she simply waved her hand in disdain and concluded that he was like those ancient monarchs of the earth who claimed to have a divine right to be supposedly direct descendants of the gods, or as mortals blessed by Heavenly Father to rule with glory.

The idea that Ashfon was actually the son of the Holy Goddess who watches over humanity in the wide heavens was never taken seriously given his obvious mortality...the heroes were the same. After all, everyone remembers the ridiculous show the guy put on on their first day they were summoned.

A perverted clown who makes rude and obscene presentations about his guards...is the son of an immortal goddess? Ha!

Tell a joke that makes sense!

None of them believed it at all!

Furthermore, the Holy Emperor himself stated that he was barely capable of using some average divine magic when Asagao asked him, saying that it was the work of an ability of his that made it difficult to go beyond that.

A so-called demi-god who can't use divine power properly?

That only reinforced his thoughts that it was impossible, a way of thinking that Ashfon made no attempt to change.

However, now Asagao could see that Ashfon was truly considered a divine descendant by everyone, which puzzled her quite a bit.

And she, who had similar characteristics to the Holy Emperor, would inevitably be mistaken as part of his family, and likewise, wrongly treated as a demi-goddess.

C-could it be that Ashfon really is a demi-god? Oh really!? What does that say about me…?

Although she did consider that there was something strange about how her new body looked like a younger version of the goddess of salvation... calling or considering herself a descendant of god was, by all rights, ridiculous.

She was from another world in the first place… And even if she wasn't, or if she somehow ended up in the body of a demi-goddess of the same mother, considering Ashfon's age, what kind of younger sister would she be? If he is already over 50...? If she wants, was she the younger sister...? It won't be that she is now a slimy Loli….

Still, being from another world was not something I could say for now….

Furthermore, Asagao felt instantly embarrassed when all those eyes were fixed on her and she wanted to run immediately.

However, being aware that she was a special guest, so to speak, of the Holy Emperor himself who even lent her his carriage for her personal use, she restrained herself. She did not want to affect Ashfon's sacred image among the nobles in any way by acting so unseemly.

The things she read in the mangas, along with the little etiquette lessons she and the heroes received somewhat too casually, gave her some ideas of how the minds of these nobles worked.

And she did not want to give them a reason to underestimate or depreciate the Holy Emperor, even if most of them apparently respected or even reverenced him as a Living God. (To the point that she was impressed by that crazy guard she met the first day, talking so calmly to a “God”… haha)

So, although she felt so embarrassed that her face turned red, she still walked hand in hand with her guard as they walked with calm steps (as much as she could) towards the large tea room under everyone's gaze.

It's okay…they are scarecrows….They can't do anything to me…. calm down and think about the delicious tea you will drink and the delicious sweets...

“Everyone, don't bother our princess!” Milin exclaimed loudly in a strict but strangely proud voice. Upon hearing her words, the nobles and others quickly reacted and dispersed as much as they could, some looking at the now confirmed princess with joy.

Mi-milin!? Since when am I a princess!?

Asagao vehemently wanted to deny what was said, but shame paralyzed her as she felt more intense gazes than before.

Realizing this, Milin had veins protruding from her forehead and, circulating her Aura, she focused her spiritual pressure on those who still dared to look at Asagao blatantly, causing them to turn pale and have difficulty breathing.

“I told you not to bother Princess Asagao with your disrespectful looks! Do you want to invoke the fury of the Holy Emperor!?”

With those words filled with murderous intent, the Imperial knights and guards approached and looked with cold eyes at the fools who treated their princess like a new circus animal for entertainment.

That made the few who were still doing that look away, trying to pretend that nothing happened while they tried to enjoy their things again and walked at a fairly fast pace to get back to their business.

No one wanted to attract to themselves the fury of the demi-god who rules and protects the Holy Empire in the name of his Mother Goddess.

Wasn't that a bit of an exaggeration?

Asagao really didn't expect that Milin would use Aura for such a small thing.

Soul weapon users could use Aura, which is another type of soul manifestation, as a means to create your soul weapons or, if they preferred, to fight using nothing more than their physical bodies. That is possible because Aura can strengthen the physical body with relatively greater efficiency than a mage's strengthening magic, although only himself.

It can also be used to pressure a spiritually weaker opponent, like Milin had just arrogantly done.

Between her and other Aura users like the Holy Emperor, she was the third most skilled in using Aura and the only reason she is not an imperial guard is because she loves being a servant for some reason.

“Milin, why are you saying that I'm a princess? What kind of crazy things are coming out of your mouth? And why do you use Aura for such an insignificant matter? “Asagao refrained from saying rude things that would not go well with her image as a girl while speaking in a low voice.

"Princess? Oh… “Noticing that she blurted out the soup late, Milin quickly came up with an excuse. “I'm sorry…It's just that Asagao-sama is like the princess of my heart, I couldn't help it…And it's not a small matter, those people were being rude!”

“Still, it's too much! And you should keep those weird thoughts to yourself! Won't everyone now think I'm Fonfon's daughter or something because of this?” Asagao scolded him with the strictest expression he could muster.

“Fonfon….” Milin repeated with a smile.

“Ah…I didn't say anything!”

Asagao exclaimed embarrassedly and walked forward, trembling a little in embarrassment when she heard Milin's giggle from behind.

With that, everyone, and I mean everyone, including guards, knights and servants entered the Tea Room to keep their miss (Princess) safe on what they hope will be a quiet afternoon enjoying a little refreshment.

Eh? Keep guards protecting the carriage?

If there is someone so foolish that he would steal an imperial carriage with divine runes and the blessing of the goddess… then that person will meet the gods in the next second to be judged.

As for the nobles and other individuals watching from a distance, some looked at each other with eyes that still held shock or bewilderment, and others had expressions of deep thought.

They had never imagined that today they would meet another divine daughter of Nyvalis in addition to the Holy Emperor himself.

Why was such an event not announced that would be recorded in history?

Why did the Salvation Church remain silent about it?

And why did she suddenly appear in the middle of the capital, without being officially introduced?


♦♦♦♦

“Wow, this place is beautiful, and it looks popular.”

Asagao exclaimed with bright eyes as he looked inside the Tea Room, Miss Marin's Tea Room.

The seats and tables inside were beautiful and elegant, made of high-quality wood, and the design of the ceiling and walls was not uncomfortable to the eyes.

The waiters, even after the previous fiasco, still made sure to properly serve their customers, who were visibly nervous like them before the guards and others who took a place to watch the princess as if nothing had happened.

And as you would expect from a high-end Lounge, instead of tea bags, the tea is served in leaves, with fruit desserts to accompany.

All the waiters were trained in how to prepare tea, without their noble clients having to do it themselves.

“Well, this is the most famous and oldest Tea Room in the Holy Empire. It is natural that it attracts more attention than any other Tea Room”

“How is that?” Asagao asked, and the brown-haired girl happily answered as they sat down.

According to Milin's explanation, about twenty years ago tea was considered an exclusive luxury of the aristocracy in the Holy Empire, due to how expensive it was for the majority; partly because of the taxes made by the nobles, but mainly because of the scarcity of land that produced tea leaves on the continent, unlike the continent of the Green Forests.

However, a new magical technology developed by the Department of Magical Research would allow the development of greenhouses within the capital, where tea could be grown efficiently and quickly, significantly increasing its abundance and availability to the point that citizens Relatively rich could acquire it with enough money.

Although at first there were some doubts and initial arguments from the nobles about why they should not make the drink available to the commoners, since it is one of the symbols of nobility and no matter how rich they are, there was not very little impression from the merchants. , who wanted to enjoy the wonderful properties of tea that only the aristocracy enjoyed, eventually led to the Holy Emperor himself interfering, allowing its sale to anyone.

No one could oppose him, a demi-god, and since then, although it was still a great luxury, tea was no longer a luxury exclusive to the nobles.

Thus, many cafes opened up a rich alternative to pubs and inns that would offer tea for what they could afford.

The tea room, as it is known today, would only be conceived at the end of the last century. Lady Catreya Marin Xhaiser, daughter of a relatively famous Count, opened this Hall; the first in a long chain of Miss Marin's Tea Rooms throughout the major cities of the Holy Empire.

She provided elegant venues for the social gatherings of the nobility, also granting venues to the women of this nation where they could meet without the company of men.

The idea was very well received from its beginnings and soon became very popular in high society, and the wealth of the Marin family and Lady Catreya reached an unprecedented level.

The rooms became so famous that interior designers such as Charaon Reinoru Marthonio soon joined in, who was responsible for the design of some of the interiors of the initial Miss Marin's Tea Rooms, as well as the entire Socodo tea room building. They have an exterior façade with a fairly modern style and at the same time some very interesting interior rooms.

Asagao wondered…

What is Socobo?

6