Chapter 1 A divided city
79 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

     "In troubled times, good people are always stronger than bad people."

       In the dark night, millions of zombies broke through the 50-meter high steel wall, and poured into the streets of the ruined outer city like a swarm of ferocious beasts... Among them were all kinds of tall zombies and zombies that could crawl between tall buildings like frogs and Bouncing zombies...

 

         A young man with scars and blood stains all over his body was flying randomly in the dark night without any help, shuttling between these abandoned high-rise buildings. He stopped at a 40-story building and looked down at it all. He looked back worriedly. In the distant inner city, fires were everywhere, and thick smoke was rising into the sky... because there were still nearly a hundred people who had not yet evacuated from the rear city...

Alan

      

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 A continuous terrible shaking sound stopped him from looking outside the wall again...

 

       A 150-meter-tall skinny monster covered with black scales was approaching from a distance of almost a kilometer away from him. It was like a sentry robot in the X-Men that was magnified a hundred times.

 

     Its steps caused the entire ground to continuously vibrate, like the sound of terrifying war drums.

 

      Obviously, the fight just now did not cause much damage to the monster... The young man must find a way to hold the monster back and let all the residents evacuate the city until the nuclear bomb comes and flattens the city eight minutes later...

 

    "This is the end...!"

 

      Facing this overwhelming mass of millions of zombies, this young man had a bold idea. He wanted to simulate the powerful shock wave of a nuclear explosion to block the zombies and monsters, even though he had just possessed this amazing power. .. At this moment, I have to put my heart aside and give it a try...

 

       The young man slowly raised his blood-stained left hand and accumulated energy to condense and compress the moisture in the air into a sphere. His right hand released endless energy to build a huge and dense protective shield at the rear to prevent the shock wave from spraying back. ..It also forms a strong defense on itself to withstand the shock wave that awaits...

 

        He slowly floated into the air, and the white light aura became stronger and stronger... The tall monster also stepped closer and closer...

 

        Although he was very nervous at the moment, he could not retreat. Success or failure depended on this attack...

 

        This tall black monster seemed to know what was about to happen. It ran hundreds of meters away and jumped hundreds of meters high. It stretched out its ferocious claws and opened them in a majestic and condescending manner. The bloody mouth is ready to devour the young man first and stop his upcoming attack.

 

       Life and death depended on it at this moment. The young man closed his eyes and thought about the principle of the gun shrimp attacking in the water, and prepared to use his energy to restore the attack.

 

    When the monster's giant claws fell very close, amidst the thunder, the young man launched a water ball like a spear shrimp to collapse, triggering hydrogen fusion...A bright light that instantly turned the night into day, bringing destruction to the world. The energy, a shock wave like a nuclear explosion exploded here...

 

    Can this attack stop this carefully planned siege of millions of zombies?

    Can you even defeat the black monster "Giant Soldier"?

     Can young people withstand this blow?

 

     Why does a mere young man possess earth-shattering power...

 

      All this story starts from the very beginning in 2040.

       In 2040, the zombie virus broke out, and all mankind was caught off guard and fell into panic. Fortunately, human beings' technological capabilities have been able to build high walls to block zombies in a very short period of time. So people began to build city-like cities with iron walls. After 10 years... there were no more countries in the world, only utopian cities existing independently.

 

       In 2050, 80% of the world's public functions will be inoperable, leaving only 20% struggling to support this broken world.

      

      

 

      "... Doomsday News Network reported live in Charlottetown... The zombies broke through the east wall at 11:47 tonight, and thousands of zombies quickly poured into the streets... People all over the city headed west Escape..."

          

        A drone hovered over Charlottetown and sent these images to all of North America through satellites that were still in operation. People in various cities watched the entire report thrillingly on television.

 

      This doomsday news network is the only media left in this apocalyptic world. It is located in Seattle. Whenever an event occurs, it will send drones all the way to report.

 

     "Boom"

       

     

       Explosions broke out everywhere. After more than two hours of tragic chaos in Charlottetown, only a few people who could not escape were left. They hid very carefully in the dark, avoiding zombies while pushing towards the west gate... .

 

      There is a wide road leading to the west exit. Because no one knows how to open the huge steel door under the high wall, all the cars are blocked at the exit, which stretches for almost 2 kilometers. And everyone fled elsewhere...

       

         There is a family of four people who managed to escape here. The young-looking father is Serious, the gentle and mature mother is Kelly, and the immature girl sister Emma is there.

 

      "There is no one here now... let's cross the road quickly!" The speaker was a 19-year-old young man named Alan.

 

       This is the protagonist of this story, Alan Seiros.

 

        Alan is smart and obsessed with machines. When his father was a child, he often asked him what he wanted to do in the future, and he would always say:

 

      "I want to save the world!"

 

        Then he started to build a machine that he thought could fight zombies...

 

            

 

          Everyone is trying their best to maintain a hard life in a small society within such a high wall, but Alan, his parents, and his sister at least live together happily as a family and have worked hard to survive until now.

 

         But the good days ended today. In the middle of the night, the high wall on the east side of Charlottetown was breached. All kinds of zombies quickly poured into the streets, and citizens fled in a hurry.

   

        Alan's family slowly arrived at the exit of the high wall on the west side along the road, which was jammed with cars but empty.

 

        "This way! This way!" Alan's father, Selos, gestured in the unmanned car array to tell Alan to come over here. At this time, Alan was holding his sister Emma and supporting his mother whose foot was injured. Zhenli lowered his body and moved. Although the entire road is very quiet, which means that the zombies have not reached here yet, even if there is a loud noise, the zombies will quickly come over.

 

        At this time, they were only 50 meters away from the gate. Dad ran to the gate to observe, and then ran back quietly. Xiao Xiao said in a voice: "I know why everyone can't open the gate... because I found that you have to be in the command room of the guard tower opposite to open the gate."

 

       Serious was referring to the machine gun tower one hundred meters and five stories away from the gate. The high-walled gate was controlled from there. ...But it seems that all the personnel in the sentry tower have also escaped...

 

        Now they have to go out of the city and encounter two problems. First, they need to find a car that can be driven. Secondly, the sound of opening the door is very loud, which may immediately attract zombies. Moreover, after opening the door, running downstairs, and then running into the car and starting the car, it is a bit too late.

 

        Alan thought for a moment and said proudly: "We can rely on this!" Alan took out a metal ball the size of a baseball from his pocket and showed it to everyone.

 

       "This?..." Mom Kelly wanted to reach out curiously to see what it was. Suddenly, the metal ball deformed and turned into a cute little red, blue and black mechanical ladybug. And crawled around on Alan's hand.

     "It's called Kirby. It's a smart helper I made in my spare time. It has many functions. We can use it to make noises... to gain time."

 

     "As expected of my son, well done!" Father Seiros was very proud that his son was so smart, and the whole family agreed that this method was feasible.

       "Then let's find a car first..." Alan asked his mother to sit down and rest, and he and his father searched for one car after another in the traffic to see if there was anything suitable to drive. Alan searched back and forth among the traffic.

 

         Suddenly, a yellow SUV caught Alan's attention, because there was dry food, bottled water, and keys in the back seat, which showed that the owner of the car was in a hurry to escape.

 

        "Okay... this car is good, let's take this one..." Alan put Kirby on the door handle and called softly: "Little guy, open the door for me." The little bug began to scan the key with his eyes. hole, and then stretched out his left forelimb to transform into a key and opened the car door. Alan carefully looked inside the car and felt that there was nothing wrong.

        Alan waved to his family and said that he had found the car. The whole family felt that there was hope of escaping from the city and they all ran over excitedly. Alan also thought his method was good and happily threw his backpack into the car. However, at this moment he made a fatal mistake... he carelessly turned around and hit the car next to him, triggering the anti-theft system of the car next to him.

         Suddenly the car alarm blared, and the whole family fell into panic and looked around nervously.

        

       "what to do!?"

 

         As the sirens blared loudly, there was movement slowly starting from the far end of the road. First the noise started from one direction, and then suddenly it became noise from all directions. Now something serious is going to happen...

 

0