5|Mei, Jie You
110 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mi Nan gritted her teeth in horror. The jade bracelet's power dispersed. She felt like the whole world was shrinking and her body froze in fear.

Mae, who was randomly experimenting, didn't know the full effect of what she was doing, but she felt refreshed while doing it.

'This is pretty nice. Though I was once a cultivator in a mission world, I wasn't using my real body. So this is what it felt like using your own.' Mae stopped playing around and looked at another frozen figure.

"Li Hexin, right? I've suppressed her, so why aren't you doing what you need to do? Do you want me to do it myself?" 

Li Hexin snapped out of his shock and bowed his head down in respect. He then pulled a golden rope from his Kong Jian1Spatial ring.

Li Hexin tied Mi Nan's body in a daze. To think that a Tong Mai Jie stage cultivator who is one level above him can be easily subdued when he is struggling to fight her shows that the weird senior was definitely at a higher stage, not just a level.

After securing the evil cultivator, Li Hexin hesitantly faced the powerful senior.

"Senior, can this junior have the honor of knowing your Dao name?" Li Hexin is not an arrogant person but he was a pretty well-known genius of the Li Clan and Tian Jian Xue Yuan. 

He has met a lot of seniors from the other clans and schools, yet the senior before him seems to be a person of status not belonging to the Righteous Alliance. 

'Is she a senior who recently just left seclusion? But I haven't heard of any news of a powerful senior like her. A casual cultivator? No. No casual cultivator can suppress me and this evil Mi Nan so easily. An evil cultivator? No. This senior didn't hide her flowing qi, it was too pure to be evil.' While complicated thoughts run in Li Hexin's mind, Mae is finally able to choose a suitable name with the help of Four.

"Given name, Mei. Dao name, You Jie2Traveler of Worlds." Mae coolly said, finally standing up.

"And let's just say that I'm setting foot in this world again," Mae said such mysterious words just to seem unperturbed. 

[Host, why are you acting cool? You don't need to be, you're not doing missions anymore. And you've never set foot here, so what is that setting foot nonsense.] Four secretly ridiculed its Host. 

[Mae, why are you acting? You're not on a mission anymore. You're a retired transmigrator.] Four reminded, thinking that its host might be habitually acting.

'What are you talking about, Four? This is me! I want to be mysterious! My mission identities are always confident, passionate, bold, or even crazy, but never this! I even need to act like a lovesick fool, but never had the chance to be mysterious.' 

This is one of the regrets of Mae when she was still doing tasks. She was never able to play the role of a 'powerful and mysterious woman'.

No matter how many mission worlds she entered, this role never became hers. But now, the opportunity has come. She will become the Mysterious Beauty of this world!

Four, the loyal system, was able to feel its owner's ambition and was speechless. [My dear host, you are way too confident to hide your beauty, way too prideful to conceal your strength, and way too arrogant to look at this world's cultivators' eyes to eyes. How will you be able to act mysterious? You're just going to reveal to the whole world that they should worship you.]

Four knew that its owner had a strong God-complex by now. It developed over the years of its host being powerful, being a savior to the world, and just being a badass task taker in general.

While its Host was excellent, she shined more when she gained experience in living the life of others. It was to the point where its host saw herself as almost a walking god.

Which is something that Four can't deny. Its host was someone whose soul was able to house a thousand years of memories without going insane, her body able to tolerate the temperance of System 0. She was rational yet emphatic. Kind but not a fool. 

[...Fine, you can play as mysterious as you like, just don't become a villain, or this world might end fast. You can't find such a stable yet so unstable suitable world like this for retirement.] Four sighed. 

"Jie You..." Li Hexin muttered the peculiar dao name that doesn't follow any clan's or sect's rule under his breath. 

"Senior Jie You, thank you for helping me." Li Hexin cupped his fist in proper respect.

"Senior...would you like to visit Tian Jian Xue Yuan? I want to thank the senior for helping me catch this evil woman." 

"Oh?" Mae cocked her brow, thinking that an NPC guide suddenly appeared instead of the usual NPC mobs. 

She might as well go, after all, her goal is to meet the people of this world. 

8