Chapter 5: My New Teachers are Nuts
855 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Class, I am Georgios Seppel, your Genetic Technology teacher." The muscular instructor stood with hands clasped behind his back, his cold gray eyes scanning the silent students, He wore tight black uniform that rippled over his bulging muscles, “ I will be responsible for providing you all with basic knowledge about GT in the year to come. I am also your homeroom teacher."


Not a sound could be heard as the class waited to hear his next words. After a brief pause to survey the soundless room, Georgios gave a small, satisfied nod. He then raised three fingers and continued, "There are three rules everyone must follow in my lecture."


"First, don't interrupt me while I'm speaking." His steely gaze settled on everyone in the front row and said. "I can't stand it when people cut me off. If you have an urgent question, raise your hand and wait for me to call on you."


"Second, in my lecture males and females should sit separately."

Georgios slammed his palm down on the desk nearest to him, causing the student sitting there to jump. "Orbital Academy is a prestigious institution backed by the City itself." He slowly paced to the other side of the classroom, hands once again clasped sternly behind him.

"You are here to study and pursue knowledge, not indulge any unnecessary urges. Remember - you are civilized humans, not monkeys in heat."


"Third, punctuality is key." Georgios strode to the front of the room and turned sharply on his heel to face the class. "Tardiness reflects poorly on your discipline and commitment."


"Be on time for every class and assignment submission, no exceptions!" Georgios crossed his bulging arms across his chest. "We must use our precious time here wisely in pursuit of science and truth."


"Anyone who fails to follow these rules would have their points deducted based on the severity of the situation."


"If any of you step out of line, there will be consequences." Georgios straightened, his eyes raking threateningly across the silent forms watching him. "My authority here is absolute. Cross me, and you will regret it."

'Bloody hell...is this guy for real?' Nox thought, barely resisting the urge to roll his eyes as the uptight instructor rattled off rule after stuffy rule.


He slouched deeper in his seat, tapping out a beat with his foot to liven up the soul-sucking lecture. 'What's next, matching uniforms and buzzcuts for the whole class? Ooh, maybe we can march in formation to the mess hall!'


‘Keep the genders separate? What is this, primary school?’ Nox rolled his eyes internally, ‘Is this cue ball afraid we'll start going at it right on the lab tables or something?'



He slowly stroked his chin in contemplation. 'The world I remember wasn't nearly this strict. Are overbearing ideologies like this common now?'


‘What a pain!’


Just as Nox was thinking to himself, Instructor Georgios continued, "For next year, every month you all will get a project and by completing those projects you will get points,"


"Points at Orbital Academy have one use: They can be exchanged for enhancements from the academy."

Georgios clasped his hands behind his straight back. "So if you collect enough points, you can obtain upgrades and augmentations to push your abilities beyond normal human limits."


“You would not need to pay anything as city would settle the bill, So i hope everyone would use
this opportunity to strengthen themselves”

 


"Do I make myself clear?" His voice boomed through the lecture hall. "I want to see top-notch efforts from all of you to unlock your true potential through the rewards this Academy offers."


As Georgios finished speaking, a ripple of excitement passed through the lecture hall. Students sat up straighter in their seats, their faces flushed with excitement.
Mummers started to spread within the classroom as students started discussing in excitement.


"Awesome! I'm going to upgrade my eyes and get telescopic vision!"

"But is it possible?" Isn't that expensive?"

"I doubt the Academy would provide something that advanced," another student muttered.

A heavyset student with thick glasses raised his hand eagerly. Seeing Georgios nod, he asked "Sir, if we gain enough points, can we exchange them for cognitive upgrades too?"

"You can obtain any Tier-1 Enhancement with your earned points, including rare or specialized augmentations," Georgios confirmed. "Of course, the number of points required may vary depending on the complexity and scarcity of the enhancement."

He surveyed the class, eyes glinting. "But this is a rare chance indeed. I trust you now grasp what's at stake in meeting my expectations."

 

The skeptical whispers turned into excited murmurs, Even Nox sat straight hearing the announcement. From his memory he knew that getting enhancements are incredibly costly.


'Well slap me thrice and hand me to my mama! Free Enhancements? Now, We are talking about business…” Nox thought.


He'd need to step up and put some efforts into these Academy projects, but those enhancements would make it worth his while. After all, in this superhuman society becoming stronger is key to having a good life.


'By rewards, I remember I have a pending system mission. Though its reward is unknown.' Thinking about the mission, a holographic projection appeared before Nox.

[Mission: Enlightening Lyra]

[Mission Objective: The mission is to guide and educate Lyra about the joy and satisfaction of sexual intercourse.]

[Mission Description: Lyra lacks interest in sexual activities, Viewing it as waste of time. Your task is to help her understand and experience the emotional and physical pleasure that can be derived from sexual intimacy.]

[Mission Reward: Unknown.]



Thought of dealing with Lyra's gave him a bigger headache than a three day whiskey bender and trying to talk with Lyra was like bashing his head against a brick wall and this woman is colder than a penguin's backside when it came to intimacy.


So how is he supposed to complete the mission?


Still, if more upgrades were at stake… He could give it a try.


Nox paused, thinking back on Lyra's reactions during their last "encounter." She seems to be genuinely interested….


“Now, I have given a basic introduction. Tomorrow will be my first lecture. If you have any more doubts you can ask me tomorrow. Next is your combat class.” Instructor Georgios said with a stoic face and then walked toward the exit under everyone’s gaze.


As Georgios turned to exit the lecture hall, a hand suddenly shot out to block his path. He looked up with an icy glare, ready to admonish the impudent student.

But it wasn't a student who had stopped him - instead, an incredibly skinny man stood in the doorway, looking to be in his late twenties. He was swimming in an ill-fitting black suit, the jacket drooping off his rail-thin shoulders.

The man had a pale, sunken face and dark circles under his eyes so pronounced they looked like bruises. But despite his haggard appearance, he wore a broad, toothy grin that stretched from ear to ear.

But despite his haggard appearance, he wore a broad, toothy grin that stretched from ear to ear. “Georgios! My shiny bald buddy! Long time no see!” the man exclaimed.

"That head of yours gets more polished every time I see you. What’s your secret, vigorously rubbing it with steel wool each morning?”

Before Georgios could react, the man reached out and rubbed his bald pate affectionately. "Smooth as a baby's bottom, I swear you must wax this thing!"

Georgios jerked his head away, glaring icy daggers. But the man just whistled, clasping Georgios' bulging bicep.

"And these guns, woof! You've been oiling these bad boys up? They're shinier than a bodybuilder's!" The skinny man let out a wheezing laugh and slapped Georgios on the back once more.

 

"Ah, we have such fun times together, don't we—" He opened his mouth to say more, but was cut off as Georgios' massive hand suddenly clamped over his face like a vise.

The man let out a muffled "Ummmphh!" of surprise. Before he could react, Georgios swung him around with the force of a wrecking ball.

CRACK! The man's face smashed into the metal wall with the deafening impact of a sledgehammer on steel, His head embedded deep into the metal surface.


Georgios stepped back and dusted off his hands. Then he swept the astonished students with an icy glare that could freeze lava. His eyes said it all - "Forget this little incident ever happened, or else."

Without another word, he neatly straightened his uniform and strode out of the lecture hall.

The students stared wide-eyed at the skinny man, still embedded headfirst in the metal wall like a human dart. He wriggled his limbs wildly, finally wrenching himself free with a burst of suction and a pop.

The force sent the man stumbling backwards. Pinwheeling his arms, he tripped over his own feet and face-planted directly onto the floor.

For a moment the man just lay there. Then, smoothly as a cat, he rolled over onto his back and crossed one leg over the other. Lacing his fingers behind his head, he posed casually as if relaxing on a beach rather than the classroom floor.

"Yup, that bald bruiser hasn't changed one bit!" The man maintained his relaxed pose on the floor, hands laced behind his head. He flashed a broad grin at the students' stunned faces.

"Georgios and I just mess around now and then! He's got an interesting way of saying hello, dontcha think?"

In one smooth motion, the man jumped to his feet, striking a casual pose with his hands in his pockets.


"But enough chit chat - allow me to introduce myself."

"The name's Sylvan, and I'll be whipping you sorry-lot into shape this year for combat class. By the time I'm through with you, you'll be able to disembowel a man blindfolded or brawl with the best of 'em."


“So get ready for the educational beatdown of a lifetime!” Sylvan finished with a cheeky wink., oblivious to the trickle of blood still leaking from his nose.


‘Why does this teacher feel so unreliable?’


This was thought of every student in the class as they stared at their combat teacher speechlessly. 

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡



29