Chapter 8: I request another kiss…
770 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Finally, I am home ...And it's not 30 minutes yet.’ Nox mused, glancing at the time as he arrived at his front door. With practiced precision, he entered the passcode, the familiar click of the lock disengaging filling him with a sense of relief and he pushed open the door with his shoulder.


As Nox stepped over the threshold, the familiar sights and smells of his own home enveloped him like a warm embrace. A contented sigh escaped his lips, the tensions of the day melting away with each stride.



"Ah, there's no place like home." Nox slipped off his shoes and padded toward the living room, relishing the quiet solitude. It seemed Lyra hadn't arrived yet, granting him a moment to unwind. "Now, what shall I— What the hell?" His casual stride faltered as his gaze landed on a familiar figure lounging on his sofa, one slender leg crossed over the other in a picture of casual elegance.

It was Lyra who was sitting there. Today, she wore a crisp, button-down blouse that hugged her slender frame, the sleek, lustrous fabric accentuating the contours of her figure while maintaining an air of professionalism. The high neckline added a touch of modesty to her ensemble, perfectly complemented by tailored charcoal gray slacks.

Lyra

"You're back," Lyra remarked, her expression unchanged as she regarded the owner of the house, her tone neutral and composed as always.

"Did you hack the system again?" Nox said, the corner of his mouth twitching in a mix of exasperation and amusement.

"Yes, and it was effortless," Lyra remarked, her gaze unwavering. "And you should consider upgrading your security system. Its vulnerabilities are too easily exploited."

Nox's mind raced, the absurdity of the situation threatening to spill into laughter. "Hacked? Again? Seriously?" He ran a hand through his hair, a mix of exasperation and amusement fighting for control. "Lyra, for the last time – you can't just waltz into people's homes!"

"It's a matter of efficiency," Lyra said, her tone resolute. She unfolded her leg, her posture relaxed. "There was no indication you would return on time. Waiting elsewhere would have been counterproductive."

"And breaking and entering is just... productive?" Nox crossed his arms, unable to mask a hint of sarcasm.

"Yes, at least I was able to rest inside. It's preferable to standing outside," Lyra responded, her expression impassive.

Nox let out a hollow laugh, shaking his head in disbelief. He didn't even know what to say anymore. Running a hand through his hair, he glanced at the clock. "Alright, alright, you win this round, you little hacker! You've made your damn point!"



Nox moved about the cramped kitchenette, knowing there was no point arguing with this infuriatingly stubborn woman as she would counter him endlessly. But he silently swore to upgrade the security system, or he might never sleep peacefully again with her ability to infiltrate his home at will.


Nox opened the fridge door, the cool air a fleeting reprieve as it washed over him. His brow furrowed as he took in the pitiful sight before him. "Uh, do you want anything to drink?" He turned back to Lyra with an embarrassed grimace. "Actually, nevermind that. I have..." He paused, lifting the lone bottle in the otherwise barren fridge. "Water?"


Lyra's eyes flicked towards the bottle, her expression unreadable. And after a moment of silence she said, “... A cup of water will do.”


……….

Nox rummaged through the kitchenette for a few minutes, the clattering of cupboards and muffled sound filling the air and finally he found a packet of chips.

He plopped down on the couch beside Lyra and placed the water glass and sad little snack offering on the coffee table in front of her. "Here you go," Nox said with a lopsided grin. "Not quite a delicacy, but it's the best I can offer."


Lyra picked up the glass and took a small sip of water.

Nox's gaze was transfixed on Lyra as she drank, his mind whirling with questions about the purpose of her visit. Although he already had an inkling, since the system had announced the completion of the first stage of the mission. There was no doubt Lyra was intrigued after their first kiss.

But what would she do today? Surely she wouldn't strip him down right away?

Considering her personality, it was indeed possible, but the question remained – should he resist or go with the flow?

Last time, he had already expressed everything he needed to say, and the rest was up to her. If she still wanted to proceed, he would go with the flow. After all, who would reject such a beauty?




Nox's gaze drifted over Lyra's elegant form, taking in the crisp lines of her formal attire. She looked stunning as ever.


"What?" Lyra noticed his lingering stare and tilted her head, wordlessly prompting him.

Nox shook his head, averting his eyes with a sheepish clear of his throat. "Nothing..." He fidgeted for a moment before meeting her piercing gaze once more. "So, Lyra... what's the purpose of this visit? Is it related to your... judgment?"


“Yes!” Lyra set down the glass and looked at Nox and said, "The previous interaction yielded intriguing results,"


A spike in dopamine levels, elevated heart rate… all consistent with the textbook descriptions of physical attraction. However," she paused, a small frown creasing her brow, "the emotional component remains elusive."

Nox couldn't help but chuckle. "I told you, Lyra, human emotions don't always follow textbook definitions." He couldn't resist adding a teasing note, "Maybe your system hasn't fully optimized the 'romance' algorithm yet."



Lyra didn't react to his jibe. Instead, her gaze grew more focused. "There was also a marked increase in productivity for a period of 28 hours following the experience," she continued, but this time her tone carried confusion, "Today my schedule was not free, but strangely, all the assigned tasks were completed with exceptional efficiency, exceeding all previous benchmarks. This... is unusual."

 



Lyra's words hit Nox like a double shot of espresso. His initial amusement faded into surprise, quickly followed by a swirl of questions. 'Wait, what? Was she saying he somehow boosted her productivity? That kiss... could it really have had such an unexpected consequence? Is she pulling my leg?'

 


But as he studied Lyra, the confusion and focus in her eyes seemed utterly genuine. 'It doesn't seem like she is joking... So what's the reason... Wait a second.' A realization dawned upon Nox. 'It was like that feeling people often describe after their first kiss – a rush of emotions and a deep desire for more...'

His mind raced as he connected the dots. After a passionate first kiss, many people became so consumed by their emotions and yearning for intimacy that they pushed aside all other concerns to pursue their desire. However, Lyra was a workaholic at her core. Rather than being distracted, her heightened state of arousal and urgency had manifested as an exceptional boost in productivity.

'Of course,' Nox mused, 'For someone as dedicated to her work as Lyra, that rush of passion would translate into an intense focus and drive to complete her tasks with remarkable efficiency... All so she could indulge in further... exploration without any lingering obligations.'

Lyra tilted her head, the crease between her brows deepening. "The efficiency increase is undeniable. However, one data point does not guarantee a pattern. Repetition and further analysis are necessary for optimization." She paused, her expression softening the barest amount. "Therefore, for a definitive judgment, I must repeat the previous experiment. I request another kiss."

I am trying to add Character image but its not working ... Maybe i am doing something wrong, Can anyone help me with this?
Till its fixed if you are interested the character image is posted below
Lyra

27