Chapter 1: Xiao Mei
227 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are you staring at?” a young female voice said.

Xiao Bao looked at his surroundings--he sat a wooden table, and there were plates with food. There sat a young girl at the opposite seat of his.

It was his sister!

Is this a dream? Or did that text notification really work?

“Are you deaf? Big brother, why are staring at me the entire time?”

Xiao Bao was taken back to reality by his sister’s, Xiao Mei’s, words.

Xiao Bao then remembered the gruesome sight he had in his memories, although they happened just a moment ago, he remembered them like a vague memory. It was a pity that he didn’t know who the culprits were, but the good news was that his sister wasn’t dead, and that he was young again! Life had really given him a second chance.

He wanted to jump into the air from happiness. His mood turned good.

“Little sister, you should listen to big brother. The outfit you are wearing is a little tempting. You should respect your brother’s wishes, and were something more modest.”

Xiao Mei rolled her eyes. “Why should I do that? All the girls my age wear clothes like this. So what if people see my belly button? They are the ones looking.” Xiao Mei wore a short skirt, and a crop top that showed her stomach.

As Xiao Mei’s older brother, he couldn’t let her walk like this in public. Although he wanted her to have a certain amount of freedom, with freedom comes responsibility. And with responsibility and your own choices, comes a certain amount of risk.

“Alright. But what’s the current year and date?”

Xiao Mei was a little taken back by Xiao Mei’s sudden question. Why was this older brother of hers trying to chance the subject of the conversation?

“Brother, you must have gone senile. It’s the august the 24th, 2010. We still have a week left before school starts again.”

“I see… Thanks for the answer. Big brother is just a little forgetful, that’s it.”

Xiao Mei nodded her head, and didn’t question too much about it.

“By the way, I’m going out with a friend. I’ll be back in a few hours.”

Xiao Bao was a little bit worried, still the gruesome memories in his head. “Where are you going? I will go with you!”

“No, that won’t be necessary, and besides, isn’t it embarrassing to have my older brother with me when I go with my friends?”

Xiao Bao decided to respect his sister’s wishes. If this current timeline was the same one as the past, then nothing would happen to his sister until 2024, which would be fourteen years later.

Xiao Mei bid farewell to her brother, and left to hang out with her friends from high school.

Xiao Bao took this as a chance to rethink everything through as he was planning to take this second chance serious.

He did a quick calculation, and realized he was now 17-years-old, and was currently a senior at his old high school called Lunyang Highschool located in Lunyang city in the Jinghua District.

His younger sister was 2 years younger than him, and was also a student at the same highschool, she would now be 15-years-old.

While he was think about his plans for creating a better life, he saw something suddenly in front of his eyes.

[Second Chance System initialization completed. Loading start-up tutorial…]

[Tutorial loading complete! Welcome host!]

Xiao Bao was shocked, although not as much as the first time that he saw the notifications, but still, he didn’t expect this.

[Character information:

Name: Xiao Bao

Age: 17 years

Skills: None]

System points: None]

He looked at his own information and saw that that he didn’t have any skills and system points, which disappointed him.

[Newbie reward package: Customize height!

Description: Allows user to choose a desired height. It takes 7 days to gradually grow into that height.]

Then the the following information appeared before his eyes.

[Current Height: 170cm

… Please enter desired height.]

Xiao Bao’s eyes almost popped out of his sockets. Was he dreaming?

Countless times he fantasized about being taller, and being envious of guys that were taller than him, but now. Now he had the chance the become taller.

Should I enter something outrageous? Perhaps something like 300cm? That would make him a giant, but also a freak of some sort.

“Perhaps I shouldn’t…”

Xiao Bao quickly lost that thought, and thought of a better height. What would be the ideal height?

He did some quick searches online that said that the ideal height would be something around 175cm. So short? Fuck that shit, he didn’t want to be average anymore. He wanted to be extreme!

“I want to be very tall!”

He entered, 196cm and pressed confirm.

Then he waited for the growth, but nothing happened. Perhaps it would occur when he slept or something.

10