05: Welcome To Virtual Insanity
158 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Wang Jun bid his farewell to his mother, Bai Ning brought him to another facility which was situated a bit farther on the outskirts of Great Beijing City.

On the way there, Wang Jun read the briefing about the game and his role as Villain in the Virtual Insanity. 

Basically, he will play as the Emperor Ya Sè Demon Venerable. who had reawakened during the peaceful era of Seven Worlds after being defeated by the some who bore the 'Hero' title, 500 cycles ago. Or in this case, 500 Years in game time.

The world inside the Virtual Insanity adopted the semi-modern, post-apocalyptic theme where the remnants of the Great War are scattered throughout the globe. The tech was somewhat advanced yet also looked very ingenious with a touch of traditional Chinese culture which makes this game unique.

One day in-game time is equivalent to roughly one hour in real life, however, since this game was a Full Dive VRMMORPG, the time perspective that will be experienced by the players would be akin to the real-world time.

In other words, the player's brain will work so hard and hundreds of times faster than real-world time. Humans' brains are quantum processors, capable of doing quantum computations under the right circumstances.

The only limitation for the brain to work in such a brutal environment was the mental capability to process millions of pieces of information under extreme stress, something which is called a Soul. A single flux that they were born with and refined throughout their life.

Every player's mental fortitude, hench called with Soul, would be gauged and assessed by the System from Level 1 to Level 100 Soul Aptitude.

The players' Soul Aptitude Level would determine what Character Role they could play, and how high they could level up their character, depending on their Soul Aptitude Level.

Of course, The System of the game would ascend their Soul Aptitude Level if they were worthy of the power they desired.

Wang Jun, however, has the brains with high capability to fully function under the extreme, stressful environment due to his personal life experience. This makes him the most suitable person to play the role of a Villain. His mental fortitude also added the points, it was not an exaggeration, after a year and a half of surveillance Bai Ning did to Wang Jun, the System assessed that he has the Level 100 Soul Aptitude, which also allows him to use the Villain Role.

There was no script in this game besides the Quests issued by the NPCs so players could trade, craft, do business, and much more.

A massive sandbox game where players have the ultimate freedom to do anything they please. Learning Cultivation, Martial Arts, Magic, and so on. But of course, every action has a reaction, fate and karma truly exist within the world of Virtual Insanity.

Before long, they had arrived at the facility.

It was a villa in a certain small and serene village, built on the edge of a cliff facing towards the city below.

Before long, the whole line of maidservants welcomed and greeted them once they passed through the gates. Little did Wang Jun know, these young maid servants were highly trained assassins of the Bai Clan.

Each of them has a set of knives strapped on their thighs under their short skirts.

The securities were even more menacing, Wang Jun glanced left and right, counting their numbers. At least two dozen fully armed security guards took a strategic position to protect this villa.

'A villa in the middle of nowhere heavily guarded by armed men, what's Bai Ning protecting inside?'

"Don't worry, Master Wang Jun… They are here because of my old man's mandates."

"To protect you?"

"Not me... You'll know once we get inside."

Two maids were quick with their job to assist Bai Ning seated in her wheelchair, ushering them into an underground bunker beneath the first floor.

Inside there, all sorts of medical devices had been prepared to make sure the player's body was in check during in-game time.

Five people wearing white lab jackets were already there, waiting for Bai Ning's return. The middle-aged man wearing thick eyeglasses arose from his seat, bringing his tablet along. 

Professor Tang Sung said, "Everything is ready, Lady Bai Ning. The grand launching of Virtual Insanity is minus thirty minutes."

"Perfect! Proceed to the final phase."

"Understood!" They answered in unison.

Wang Jun, meanwhile, was flabbergasted by looking at the high-tech contraption in front of him, everything was surreal, like a popped out from Hollywood's Sci-fi movie set.

A moment later, a bed emerged from the floor amidst the room. It was made from nano-foam so it could follow the user's body contour perfectly. Above it, a VR Helmet was dangling from above.

"Please…" Bai Ning pointed her hand into the bed as if to tell him to lie down.

Wang Jun nodded, his expression was cold and indifferent when the two maids stripped his clothes and attached all sorts of sensors on his chest area and the temple of his head.

"I am ready, Link me in."

"Linking the Soul into the designated body in, 3, 2, 1… Soul Linking succeeded."

Wang Jun's Soul had left his body and was already at its destination to the world beyond Interstellar Space, zillions of lightyears away from the Earth.

The Professors watched the process on the monitor screen, assessed the system and whatnot, their fingers were busy typing the command prompts to ensure Wang Jun's Soul didn't miss the coordinates.

"He is inside that world, Lady Bai Ning."

"Good… Now it's my turn, make my Cryo-pod ready." Bai Ning said to the maids.

"Right away, milady." They answered in unison.

****

Wang Jun's senses gradually returned after what seemed like an eternity inside the void. A strobing edge of light entered his eyes, the world seemed all white for him.

A few moments later, as his eyes calibrated the light's intensity, he found himself inside a Grand Hall, lying on the floor wearing a tattered black robe.

Ding!

Soon after, the familiar sound of a bell chime was heard, and the bluish-transparent windows floated before his eyes.

[Welcome to Virtual Insanity! Chosen One!]

[Name: Wang Jun]

[Soul Aptitude Level: Level 100]

[Race: Higher Demon]

[Class: Emperor: Demon Venerable]

[Character Level: 1]

[Scroll Down to see your Stats and Skills]

4