013: Secret Scene Triggered
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this vast world where players has the chance to become the Main Character in their own rights, endless possibility of encountering unique individuals was given by the system to paved their own, unique path. Whether they climb to power or meet their own demise and ended up as mediocre player, it's up to their effort and hard work.


Ding!


[Secret Sequence Triggered]


[Meeting with Lady Tang Mi, the Blacksmith]


"Eh?" Wang Jun was askew as the sudden notification screen appeared in front of him. "Secret Sequence?"


The clanking sound of hammering, the hot air from the blazing forge, filled the room as Wang Jun and Cao Hanjou entered the haggard looking building. Amidst the beautifuly orchestrated sound between hammer pounding a piece of metal ingot, a woman who was in her late twenties, swung the hammer forcefully, even the air in her surrounding rippled by her sheer raw strength.


To Wang Jun's surprise, she wasn't just aimlesly hammering the metal ingot, it was a form of a Martial Arts. Each strike was precisely hit the right spot and even with equal force so it won't cause a flaw upon the material she worked with.


Still wearing her workshop outfit, she doesn't really care about the dirt and ashes that made her face somewhat… less presentable for the guests. Despite so, the female blacksmith has her own charm when Cao Hanjou caught a glimpse of her gaze.


Her appearance might look unruly at the time. She was, in fact, a beautiful lady in Cao Hanjou's eyes. Maybe, just maybe, if she dressed up and wearing make up like any normal female would, Cao Hanjou would propose her in the hand of marriage.


She was aware Cao Hanjou had entered the workshop along with scrawny, pale looking young man in his withered black robe, but the blacksmith paid no heed and continue pounding the searing hot metal ingot. The female blacksmith only stopped when she finished drew out the ingot into billet with a desired lenght, and then she quenched it into the water.


"Oh? Isn't that Cao Hanjou?! Do you bring the stuff that I asked for?" Asked the female blacksmith, Tang Mi.


Cao Hanjou stepped forward, "I am, Lady Tang Mi, I brought about a thousand pieces worth of Eldritch Woods, as per your order few days ago!"


"Good. You can unload them in the storage, I'll get the money."


"Yes, ma'am!" Cao Hanjou responded with his big mutt persona.


Wang Jun caught how Cao Hanjou reacted upon meeting with the lady he adored the most. 


'Did this sly bastard just used me by gathering those loathsome woods so he can flirt with his lover?! Tsk! I will teach this man a lesson of his lifetime! Just you wait!'


Wang Jun had expecting the blacksmith's 'antique' which happened in a lot of novels where he would get a legendary weapon just because the blacksmith acknowledge his potential.


While Cao Hanjou arranging the woods in the storage and the blacksmith went to her study, Wang Jun was enticed by the weapons which were displayed on the shelves. Thus, his interest piqued as his eyes landed upon the dual-curved blade, one was red in color while the other one was deep blue.


Wang Jun opened the status window to see the detailed informations. It was bright blue, indicating the weapons' rarity rank.


[Blood Moon and Blue Lake]

[Rank: Extreme Rare]


[Attack Power: 250]

[Base Attack: 250]

[Enforcement: 0/5]


[...]


[Usable for Level 30 or higher]


[Price: 1.000 Gold Coins]

[Buy these weapons to unlock its feature and see further details]


Wang Jun irked upon reading the last line, 'Why would a blacksmith hide the detailed information of their own crafts?'


He tried to touch the handle, however, he noticed the board which hung high on the wall.


"Touch my stuff, meaning you have to buy them. Read the warning!"


Since Wang Jun doesn't want to spoil this Secret Sequence, he must complied and follows the prompted script.


This made Wang Jun came to realize, her skill was indeed second to one, but she's not the typical blacksmith who willing to give legendary weapon to the main character for free out of altuirism! MC is nothing but random passerby in her workshop!


***


"Here's the money," Tang Mi said, handing a pouch of coins to Cao Hanjou.


"Thank you for your patronage, Lady Tang Mi!"


The blacksmith then turned her attention towards the young man in tattered black robe, clearly not a 'bonafide' client to serve. Nevertheless, Tang Mi greeted him politely.


"Good afternoon, sir. May I be of help?"


"Oh? Don't mind me, milady! I am just a clueless errand boy who just arrived in this area, the one who collected all the Eldritch Woods this man had sold to you for hefty amount of money. Sigh… what left for me as return? Nothing, but despire. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Though I had to bet on my head and limbs upon gathering those woods… What a poor sod."


Tang Mi glowering at Cao Hanjou with such ferocity, unleashing her fiery aura. "Is this young man telling the truth? Cao Hanjou."


"Er… I can explain it! Please… calm down!"


Thwack!


Tang Mi threw a hammer from the shelf and landed right at Cao Hanjou's head, resulting his forehead to swolen red.


"How many times I told to not cause a trouble for the Adventurers! You idiot!"


"B-but, the Heavenly Protocol says we are allowed to issue a quest for them to do. So why we don't use them to make our life easier?!"


'Hoo boy, this is getting juicy, isn't it?'


Wang Jun corked an eyebrow upon learning this simple detail which assured him that these NPCs were actually real person, and this world, in fact, an actual reality itself!


"That's the issue! Urgh… whatever!" Tang Mi bowed apologeticly. "In behalf of this village, I truly apologize for the trouble, sir Adventurer!"


"Welp… I shall accept your apology. But of course, with a little interest. If you know what I mean. Hehe!"

1