015: False Accusation
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eh? What is this? Did that guy in a bluish robe kill that newbie over there? Tsk, tsk, tsk, what a heartless jerk!"

"Indeed… That guy looks very flashy with that Cerulean Sky Robe, did he buy it from the money that gained from selling other people stuff?"

"Seemed like so! For me, it's akin to wearing other people's skin on my body. Disgusting!"

"Hah! Let us drag him outside the village and strip him naked! He must have tasted his own evilness!"

Surprisingly, the other four players began to provoke the crowds at the [Trading Post]. They looked at Wang Jun as if to scrutinize him. Soon, the crowd began to sympathize with Hou Yongyong. Killing other players while the game gave severe death penalty by reducing their EXP by 30 percent and long respawn cooldown was deemed as evil doing by these 'self-proclaimed righteous' players. An idea which was derived from their modern ideology that killing is a taboo thing to do, and it was quite effective to steer other people's opinions and judgment at the moment.

Wang Jun pulled his lips to one side, he must admit, Hou Yongyong was cunning enough to face him publicly. The other four were most likely Hou Yongyong's lackeys from previous encounters, Wang Jun still remembered their voice, individually.

'Huh! Foolish propaganda… Hou Yongyong, was it? I recognize your voice, even if you hide beneath your new avatar.'

Giving his remark to the accusation would only make the water getting muddier since the other players were already absorbed in their hatred towards a player killer.

Wang Jun had no means to escape, he could use his [Abyss Walk] but it would also give away his identity freely in front of thousands of pairs of eyes in front of him.

Thus he must resolve to another resort, it was quite shameless, but he had to do it, notwithstanding people's point of view, as long as he could get away with it.

"Excuse me, sir! I don't know what you are talking about, I bought this robe after completing the task given by the carpenter from Lumberjack Encampment! I spent hours and hours buying this humble attire of mine, now you accused me of looting your dead body? Can you prove it?"

"I have witnesses! My party members are also the victims of this murderous bastard!"

"How can we trust the testaments that came out from your lackeys? At least, provide us with a picture, or maybe the person's identity in your logs? If you couldn't provide them, I would demand a hefty compensation for false accusations and your vile scheming to get easy money from weak people like me!"

"You! You shameless bastard! How dare you act weak and docile after you bullied us a few hours ago!"

Wang Jun hid his excitement under his poker face knowing Hou Yongyong was on the verge of bursting out.

"Again, I don't know what you are talking about, sir."

"Then! Open your ID window and show us your real name! I happened to catch a glimpse of who killed us!" It was Taotao who raised his voice, eager to prove Wang Jun was the murderer.

'Check mate'

Hou Yongyong and his lackeys smirked, they thought they had cornered Wang Jun for good.

Wang Jun, however, notwithstanding Hou Yongyong provocation any further. He decided to reveal his Identity window which surprisingly, was changed by someone who has direct control upon the game's system.

Wang Jun smirked and thus he spoke to himself, 'It must be Bai Ning's doing. That sly fox…"

[Name: Wei Fei]

[Soul Aptitude Level: Level 20]

[Race: Human]

[Class: Cultivator]

[Character Level: 2]

"There!" Wang Jun displayed the window screen and magnified it so others could see his identity. "Is this enough for you, sir?"

Hou Yongyong and his lackeys were dumbfounded, their allegation proved to be wrong all along. Now, the eyes of the crowds fixated upon them. No matter the games, a group of scammers were despised and ridiculed upon by many players. Worse, some group of in-game scammers would meet their own demise in the real world once their real identity were disclosed to the public.

"Shut up! You must have changed your identity! Come here you bastard, I will split your head into a half like you did to me!"

Enraged, Fei Lan, Wang Jun's first victim of his crafty work, unsheathed his dagger from its scabbard, charging at Wei Fei a.k.a Wang Jung like a crazed beast.

Fortunately, they were inside the village's territory where any aggression and violence were prohibited by the System since every village was a safe haven for all.

Before things escalated even further, a female figure leaped forward, landed amidst the crowds with both hands stretched out as to balance her landing. Everybody was aghast, mouth agape upon the arrival of this beautiful woman wearing a tight, all white outfit on a broad day.

"Woahhh!!"

Of course… The majority of male onlookers fixated their gaze upon the realistic jiggling physics that was displayed by her bountiful bosoms and perky bottoms.

"How insightful!" Said the girl. "You five are in cohort to blaspheme an innocent person for something he didn't do? You all are the shameless one right here!"

'You are the insightful one right here, girl!' Wang Jun remarked on her 'revealing' outfit of choice, but he decided to keep it to himself.

"Who are you?! Stay out of my business!"

"Business, you say? Scamming, bullying, extorting someone's hard earned money and calling it for your own gain? Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Trash of human's trash!"

"You!" Taotao retaliated to break free from the penalty which applied upon him due to his foul behavior within the Safe Zone.

"Safe your breath, Taotao." Hou Yongyong says. "We will get him next time. Let's retreat for now!"

Thus, the group of five turned their back with a tail between their legs. The crowds were also dispersed eventually since it's almost night time and there was not much to do after the sun went down.

"Thank you for your assistance, miss…?"

"Mei Lan!" Said the girl cheerfully. "At your service, !"

3