Chapter 1: Awakening the status panel.
304 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Surpassing the original protagonist [LitRPG]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅰ: Training.

Chapter 1: Awakening the status panel.

________________________

 

Warm sunlight fell on the ground as the sun just rose, indicating the beginning of the day.

Mist village hall----------

"I will definitely have an ability."

"Did you look at your face in the mirror?"

"You!!"

"My father said that I have qualities that foreshadow the presence of a powerful ability."

"Hahaha. Really?"

"...."

"....."

"Hey, Hua don't you think I have a powerful physique since I am so beautiful?"

"Shut up! you are not as beautiful as me."

"…"

"…"

More than twenty kids formed a group while discussing among themselves. 

While they are discussing, hoping to have an ability or a powerful physique, one kid is leaning against the wall, looking uninterested in their discussion.

All the kids present here have one thing in common: they are all around twelve years old.

Suddenly, a chubby, fat kid rushed into the hall and looked around, seeing that awakening had not yet begun, he relaxed while wiping off the sweat from his forehead.

All the boys and girls were so busy with their discussion that they didn't notice the arrival of the chubby kid.

The chubby kid went near the kid who was leaning on the wall.

"Lei Chang, what do you think? Do I have a powerful physique or ability?" The kid asked hopefully while looking at the kid who was leaning on the wall.

"Yes, don't worry, Xu Long." Lei Chang said calmly while patting the chubby kid's shoulder to encourage him.

"What? How can you be so sure?" Xu Long asked doubtfully while pushing away Lei Chang's hand.

Lei Chang just smiled but didn't answer as he fell into his thoughts. He knew this because he had reincarnated into this world, which was a novel in his previous life. He reincarnated in this world from the 21st-century technology world. He was an Indian named Rajesh who had just completed his studies in his past life.

[Author: He will go by the name of Lei Chang to avoid confusion even when his past life is mentioned. MC: Main character.]

This world is part of a Chinese fantasy cultivation litrpg novel in his past world, named "Heavenly Supreme Tyrant."

He was the only one who read the entire "Heavenly Supreme Tyrant" novel. No one has read the whole book because this novel has heavy plot armour.

The original MC mainly relied on luck and plot armour, while the author used to update very slowly. This novel was the very first cultivation litrpg novel that Lei Chang read, so only he read it to the end, even if everyone stopped. This novel ran for fifteen years, so it's no surprise everyone stopped reading it.

But the ending was heart-breaking, which made Lei Cheng sad and curse the author. When he went crazy, a white shadow popped out of thin air, shocking him. 

------

"Would you like to be the protagonist, then?" The shadow asked Lei Chang, looking directly into Lei Chang's eyes.

"Yes, I will surpass that idiot and do what he failed to do." Lei Chang said strongly, snapping out of his shock.

"Very well, remember you will not have plot armour." The white shadow said, knocking out Lei Chang before he could even ask for some cheats. 

And the next moment, Lei Chang was in someone's stomach, just to be born. He was born in this world as its protagonist. His soul is far superior to ordinary people due to reincarnation and fusion with the original protagonist's soul.

Lei Chang can be considered the original protagonist, as he is a fusion of both. 

However, he is the primary controller, as the original protagonist's soul was just a baby when their souls fused.

Being a grown soul, as well as having memories, made Lei Chang's soul gain control. It's not like the original protagonist died due to this. He just became part of Lei Chang. 

If the original protagonist had memories and was older, then the controller of the body wouldn't be Lei Cheng nor the original protagonist but an entirely new person with the fusion of two personalities.

-------

"Silence kids, stand in line." A loud voice sounded as three men stepped into the village hall. Which also brought Lei Chang back to reality. 

All the kids stopped their discussions and looked tense, thinking about their upcoming awakening. 

Lei Chang and Xu Long stood at the back of the group, looking at the three men who were setting up the things for awakening after they arrived. 

Soon, a blue coloured orb, a white coloured thin sheet and a small table were placed in front of the kids. 

'Status awakener, ability and physique identifier.' Lei Chang thought while seeing the objects on the table.

"Magic?" 

"Wooooow." 

"...."

Kids looked with amazement as things appeared out of thin air. 

"It's a spirit bag." A boy shouted with excitement.

"I heard that a spirit bag is as costly as buying a house in a city." A girl said while raising her head high, looking very knowledgeable. 

"..." 

".." 

The kids began their chitchat. 

"Silence." 

One of the three men shouted. 

Instantly, the noise quieted down. 

The three men took positions; one man stood behind the table while the other two stood a little behind. 

"I am Da Jie; he is Da Su, and finally, he is Da Qu. We will be awakening your status panel." The man in the middle introduced himself and the other two men.

The status panel is an ability given to everyone in this world by the heavens, which is commonly used in RPG games in Lei Chang's previous life.

"Come in line, kids, one by one." Da Jie said while waving his hands to signal the front kid to come. 

The kid in front was nervous but came slowly to the table. 

"Place your hand on the orb." Da Jie said, expecting someone to have an ability or powerful physique in this batch of kids. 

"Okay, Uncle Da Jie." The kid said nervously, placing his right hand on the orb. The orb shone when the kid placed his right hand on it, and after two seconds, the orb stopped shining.

"Now, place your hand on this sheet." Da Jie said after the orb stopped shining, pointing to the white-coloured thin sheet. 

The kid placed his right hand on the sheet while looking hopeful. 

This white sheet is the one that tells one whether one has any ability or a powerful physique. Sometimes one has both of them. 

After the kid placed his hands on the white sheet, a small barrier appeared in the air, which had some words on it. 

[ Name: Lin Tu 

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

"Huh." Da Jie sighed, looking at the kid.

Lin Tu, who has no ability or physique, looked sad while keeping his head down, trying to hold his tears back, but he failed as his eyes became watery. 

Da Su encouraged the sad kid while Da Qu wrote all the details of the kid in the book.

"Poor Tu." 

"Don't worry, you can become strong without those." 

"...." 

"..." 

Friends of Lin Tu also encouraged him, but deep down, they were very anxious. 

Having an ability or physique is very rare, so rare that it is one in ten thousand. 

Only having an ability or physique is a cheap and easiest shortcut for these village kids to rise up in their lives. If they don't have those, they can only stay as villager for a long time and struggle hard to gain a 'luxurious' city life. 

"Silence." Da Su said sternly, looking at the kids, who were about to begin their discussion once again.

"Next." Da Jie said, signalling to the kid next in line.

[ Name: Lin Fu 

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

 "…."

"…"

"Next." Da Jie said, looking at the kid leaving.

-------

[ Name: Lin Ha 

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

------

------------

[ Name: Lin Da 

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

---------

--------------

[ Name: Lin De

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ]

--------

One by one, all the kids continued to awaken their status panel.

When there were only five kids, including Lei Chang and Xu Long, who remained for awakening, the white shine indicated a physique.

[ Name: Lin Mao

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

Physique: Scarlet blood body {Mortal} ]

"Good, good, good." Da Jie said laughingly, looking at the kid in front of him.

Da Su and Da Qu also looked very happy.

The three men were happy as this kid might join their family in the future since most villagers join noble and elite families in the end.

"Woww."

"Does hh-e-e really have a phy-physique?"

"So lucky."

"…"

All the kids were jealous and happy for their friend at the same time.

"Hmm, did you see that? 'Good boy Chang'." Lin Mao said arrogantly, sneering at Lei Chang.

'Good boy Chang' is how parents describe Lei Chang to their own kids in Mist village.

Lei Chang didn't care about Lin Mao but instead was thinking about whether he would have the supreme physique like the original MC or not, as it was the only possible cheat he could get. 

"Don't be cocky, Lin Mao." Xu Long said, pointing his fingers angrily at Lin Mao. 

Lin Mao hated Lei Chang because his parents always told him to learn from Lei Chang.

Most parents in Mist Village tell their kids to learn from Lei Chang, making most kids hate Lei Chang.

This is also why Lei Chang stood aside in the hall, not caring to join them.

Xu Long is one of Lei Chang's very few friends in Mist Village and the only friend within the same age.

"Enough." Da Su said, looking at the kids sharply, which made Lin Mao and Xu Long turn silent.

"Next." Da Jie said, signalling for the next kid to come.

 

[ Name: Lin Guo

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

-------------

After the kids went back with sad faces, Xu Long came to the orb, tensely placed his hand on it, and then next he placed his hand on the sheet.

[ Name: Xu Long

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ]

"Hmm." Lin Mao raised his head high, thinking that he was the only chosen one.

Xu Long silently went down.

"Next." Da Jie signalled the only remaining Lei Chang to come.

Lei Chang came to the front and placed his hand on the orb.

When Lei Chang placed his hand on the orb, he felt an energy sweep through his entire body, and something began to shine in Lei Chang's soul consciousness.

Da Jie, Da Su and Da Qu looked weirdly at Lei Chang, who was not all tense.

The orb shone for a few seconds, and then Lei Chang placed his hand on the white sheet.

The white sheet projected the details of Lei Chang.

[ Name: Lei Chang

 ----

 Ability: None 

----

 Physique: None ] 

"Hahha."

"Good boy Chang is no longer a good boy."

"…"

Many kids mocked Lei Chang as he was the reason behind their parents' strictness towards them. 

"Youu!" Xu Long shouted angrily, looking at the mocking kids.

Though Xu Long was sad, he got angry, seeing that they were mocking Lei Chang. 

"Did you all finish?" Da Su asked seriously, glancing at the kids.

All the kids calmed down, seeing serious Da Su.

Da Jie, Da Su, and Da Qu looked at the calm Lei Chang and felt that he would achieve something great in his life.

An ability and physique would make the path of cultivation clear without thorns, but they do have to walk the path. Even without ability or physique, one can walk the thorny path with a strong heart.

Without a strong heart, even with ability and a unique physique, the owner would give up in the middle of the path, feeling tired.

Da Jie, Da Su, and Da Qu felt that Lei Chang had a strong Dao heart, as he didn't care about mocking and did not feel sad for not having the ability or physique.

"Everyone, you can leave." Da Jie said, taking all the things into his spirit bag.

Lei Chang and Xu Long left the village hall along with the kids.

"Boss Mao."

"You have to take care of us, Mao."

"Don't forget us in the future, Mao."

"…."

"…"

The majority of kids surrounded Lin Mao and began to praise him nonstop while rest of the kids left. 

Lei Chang and Xu Long came out of the hall, not caring about Lin Mao, and began to walk towards the training ground of Mist Village.

"You said I have an ability?" Xu Long asked Lei Chang sadly, feeling that Lei Chang had just encouraged him to not feel tense while awakening.

"Just open your ability panel and check for yourself." Lei Chang said calmly while opening his own status panel.

End of the chapter.________________________________________

Author: This beginning of a new novel, I hope you all like this novel and support me.

12