Chapter 13: Lin An’s Display of Courage.
129 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [LitRpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 13: Lin An's Display of Courage.

_________________________________

'1 exp point. That means I can get 10 exp from hunting ten more animals similar to it, whereas with my serious training, it would be more than half a year. No wonder killing is an easy shortcut for gaining exp.' Lei Chang thought, feeling the thrill of exp gain.

"Bleeat."

Seeing their leader killed, the deer started running for their lives.

"Should we kill them all?" Xu Long asked, taking out his knives.

"No, that deer king is large enough for us to eat for a few days." Lei Chang rejected, placing his bow back.

"How much exp did you gain?" Xu Long asked, not forgetting that killing is the fastest way to gain exp.

"1 exp point." Lei Chang answered, making Xu Long very excited.

Lei Chang couldn't kill them for just exp; he is not so heartless; he needs another reason. He decided to kill only if there was a proper reason, whether it was a beast or a human.

Some couldn't control their thirst for large and easy gain exp, which ultimately reduced many planes into barren and desolate.

Lei Chang doesn't want to get addicted to killing. He has to maintain his ethics. His father also warned him not to take many lives, as it would cause a major problem.

The major reason he doesn't want to take unnecessary lives is because it will affect him when he wants to enter the realm of cause and effect. It is a realm related to fate itself, so he doesn't want to tie his fate to many by killing them.

As for killing the deer king, it might also be cruel, but Lei Chang and Xu Long have to eat. This is the law of nature, which is survival of the fittest!

"By the way, Crazy Chang, how do we get exp by killing animals?" Xu Long asked, scratching his head and looking confused.

"Fatty, do you know how we get exp while training?" Lei Chang asked back, wanting to confirm how much Xu Long knew.

"When we train, our body absorbs and digests the energy from food, and only a part is required for our body to function. The remaining excess energy is converted into exp." Xu Long answered, remembering what the coaches had told them.

"Yes, that's right. Energy forms the foundation of experience points (exp). When we eliminate a living being, all of its energy is released back into nature. This energy can be categorized into life energy, blood energy, monster energy, and so forth."

"Due to status panel ability, some of its energy is absorbed by us, which is exp. It can be any kind of energy."

"But the amount of energy absorbed is less than 2% of the actual energy released." Lei Chang explained as they got near the deer king's body.

"Only 2%; can we absorb all of its energy?" Xu Long asked, feeling shocked, thinking how much exp one would get if all energy was absorbed.

"Well, we can by using Demonic-Path techniques." Lei Chang said calmly, remembering those famous techniques like the 'Heaven Devouring Technique' and 'Blood-Energy Absorption Technique.'

"It looks like there is no way." Xu Long said, feeling pity, knowing the dangerous consequences of using Demonic Path techniques.

They quickly checked the deer king's body.

"It should weigh approximately 300kg, and the edible meat in it should be around 120kg." Lei Chang said, estimating while looking at the deer king's dead body.

"Alright, food sorted; now we just need water and a place to live," Xu Long said with a smile.

They began to cut the deer king's flesh and meat to separate the edible parts.

----

"Good, that's the way to do it," Coach Zhu murmured approvingly, glancing at Lei Chang and Xu Long from his concealed position behind a large tree trunk.

He took a chicken drum from his spirit bag and started eating it while watching the kids below. 

-------

On the other side, Lin Hua's team, after separating from other teams.

"What to do now, leader Hua?" Lin De asked, following Lin Hua like a servant.

Lin Hua is one of the strongest in Lei Chang's batch.

"Food, water, and shelter. Out of three, we have to find shelter first." Lin Hua said softly after thinking for a moment.

"Hua, don't you think food is first?"

"No, water is first."

"No, it is shelter."

"…."

".."

"Clam down." Lin Hua shouted, but the girls didn't listen to her.

Lin An, Lin De, and Lin Da just looked on as the girls fought over which was important and which should be first.

"Stop!!"

Lin Hua tried to stop them, but no one listened to her. 

----

"This is the first responsibility of a team leader." Coach Mei said, looking at the fight with interest while hiding behind a huge rock.

Coaches are hiding because kids would gain confidence seeing them, and it wouldn't be a survival trial but instead a tour, so kids shouldn't even know whether a coach is following them or not.

-----

"Let's vote." Lin An muttered; her voice was so low that it was almost inaudible.

"Yeah, let's vote." Lin De shouted loudly, hearing Lin Au's voice due to being near her.

"Vote; I vote for shelter."

"Vote, food."

"Water."

"…"

".."

Soon, ten members voted, and it was decided on food.

"Did anyone here train in tracking animals?" Lin Hua asked, looking at the team, which was still not satisfied with the decision.

"I know how to track wildlife." Lin De said excitedly, feeling that he could show off in front of girls.

"Good, then start tracking." Lin Hua said, hoping to quickly get food and find shelter, looking at the sky, which was getting cloudy.

Lin Hua felt that if it rained, it would spell trouble, as one could easily catch a cold here since it is a little cold in Mist Mountain Forest from the beginning. 

She wanted to first find a place to rest because they could stay at their peak even without eating food for one day, but without shelter, they would have to face sneak attacks from wildlife, cold weather, and many more problems.

Lin De quickly took a look at the surroundings for footprints, smell, and so on.

"There!" Lin De exclaimed, finding the footprint of the animal.

"What kind of wildlife is it?" Lin Hua asked quickly, wanting to prepare for hunting.

"It should be a big dog." Lin De said after thinking a little.

"Big dog, easy to hunt."

"The big dog is not a problem."

"Good, now let's go."

"Yes, lead the way."

"…"

Lin De began to quickly find footprints and lead the way for them, as they believed it was easy to hunt.

After Lin Hua and her group left, Coach Mei arrived on the spot of a footprint.

"Interesting; it looks like the first challenge for them." Coach Mei said shyly; a huge smile appeared on her face.

----

Soon, Lin De led everyone by following footprints until they found a huge lion just a little away. Lei Chang would have felt that this lion was a little big compared to lions in his previous life.

The lion was resting with its eyes closed. Its teeth were blood red as the dead body of a sheep was at its feet, and a lot of blood was present on the ground, which, of course, belonged to sheep.

"Everyone, be quiet. Let's leave silently; it didn't spot us." Lin Hua muttered, looking angrily at Lin De.

"I am sorry; I didn't know that it was a lion's footprint." Lin De said looking down, feeling very ashamed.

"It's okay. No use feeling ashamed now."

"Let's leave."

"…"

Everyone started to move backwards silently. The lion was almost 100 meters away from them; they came near to take a clear glance. Everyone present here knew that they couldn't handle that lion.

"Li-ion."

Lin Yi, who had not seen a ferocious lion in her entire life, felt a chill on her face.

"Tck." Lin Yi stepped on a small tree's root and fell to the ground.

The lion's ears twitched, detecting the sound of the fall as it instantly opened its eyes.

"Roarrr." The lion roared as it stood up and looked around until it found Lin Yi getting up in fear.

The lion felt that it had found a lot of food.

"Crap, can't you walk properly?"

"Lin YI!!"

"Li-in Y-Yi."

".."

Everyone was angry at Lin Yi.

"Everyone, prepare for the battle." Lin Hua said with a shaky voice, feeling a bit scared of the lion.

"Don't worry, coaches are nearby, they will save us." Lin De said reassuringly, easing everyone's fears.

"Where is the coach, find?" Lin Hua asked, gaining hope.

"There is no one around."

"No one."

"Really?"

"…"

Lin Hua and everyone looked around to find the coach. But they couldn't find anyone; all they saw was a plain, empty forest. They now believed that they would really die here, as there was no coach to protect them. 

Since they confirmed that there was no coach to protect them, their fear multiplied. 

'How do you think I will let you see me?' Coach Mei thought smilingly while standing on a huge tree nearby. 

She climbed on it quickly to hide when everyone was looking around.

Lin An didn't care about finding a coach from the beginning. Instead, she checked the status of the lion. 

[ Ordinary Lion

{Mortal Level}

{Rank 0 Status}

HP: 500/500

Strength: 40

Agility: 25

Defence: 31

Constitution: 50

 Vitality: 30 ]

Lin Hua and everyone felt a chill in their hearts, looking at the lion's stats, and they began to tremble.

"It is not that strong; we can kill it if we work together." Lin An shouted, taking out her bow.

[ Name: Lin An

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 120/120

 Strength: 38 (+4)

 Agility: 21 (-2)

 Defence: 32

 Constitution: 12

 Vitality: 18 ]

Lin An nocked an arrow on her bow and aimed at the lion's heart, which was rushing towards them.

[ Ding! You used 'Basic Archery' ]

Swoop!

She released the arrow, and the arrow rushed toward the lion with great speed, but it escaped from the arrow by rolling to the side.

Lin Hua and others were shaking in fear, not even daring to take out their weapons; they literally froze when the lion roared. 

'Looks like I have to deal with it on my own.' Lin An thought silently, looking at everyone who couldn't move.

"Tch, Xiao Hua, I was expecting more from you." Coach Mei said, looking disappointed with Lin Hua, while she looked at Lin An with appreciation.

She was ready to take action if anyone's life was threatened by that lion.

Many will shake in fear while looking at ferocious animals, not even daring to lift their weapons, even if they are strong. This is due to their weak mentality. 

This survival trial is also being conducted to eliminate this weak mentality in kids.

Lin An looked at the lion while thinking of a way to kill it. This lion was capable of dodging her arrows.

Swoop!

Swoop!

[ Ding! You used 'Rapid Chain Shoot' ]

Swoop!

Swoop!

Lin An released two arrows continuously within three seconds.

She is next only to Lei Chang in terms of archery, as she learned from him by watching his training secretly.

Pch!

The lion dodged one arrow by jumping, but another arrow came when it was in the air, so it couldn't dodge it. The arrow hit the lion's front leg.

"Roarrr." The lion roared with pain and anger as its blood fell to the ground.

[ Critical hit! 

 -100 HP! 

'Bleeding effect' triggered!

-10 HP for 25 seconds! ]

"I didn't know that Xiao An was this good at archery."

Coach Mei muttered, looking very shocked at Lin An's archery skills.

Lin An is a silent kid who also doesn't like to trouble others and stays within her place; hence, no one pays attention to her, including coaches. 

Coaches would teach only white-tiger art in person, whereas, for weapons, kids need to ask themselves if they have a problem.

The lion stood up with difficulty, and it tried to pull out the arrow from its leg with its teeth.

"Raorr."

The lion roared in pain as it kept pulling the arrow out. So, it turned into a living target.

Swoop!

Lin An was panting a lot due to using rapid chain shoot, but she didn't miss this chance as she nocked an arrow and released it, aiming at the lion's chest.

Swoop!

[ Ding! You used 'Basic Archery' ]

Lion pulled out the arrow quickly, hearing the sound of the arrow shooting, and it prepared to jump.

But it wasn't fast enough; when it stood up in pain, the arrow arrived in front of it and pierced it in his heart.

 [ Vital hit!

-400 HP!

Ding! You killed the lion

You gained 1 Exp ]

"Ffuu." Lin An sighed with relief and looked at the dead lion. 

End of the Chapter.____________________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

8