Chapter 19: Fighting the one-horned wolf
103 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg].

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 19: Fighting the one-horned wolf.

__________________________________________________

[ One-horned Wolf

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2100/2100

  Strength: 1005

  Agility: 102

  Defence: 950

  Constitution: 210

  Vitality: 120 ]

Lei Chang looked at the status of the one-horned wolf.

He took an arrow, nocked it upon his bow, and released it, aiming at the one-horned wolf.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Archery' ]

Swoop!

The arrow rushed towards the one-horned wolf.

One-horned wolf just attacked the arrow with its front right claw, breaking the arrow into two pieces.

“Wooo.” It looked mockingly towards Lei Chang, thinking that this human was overestimating himself.

‘Arrow isn’t strong nor sharp enough.’ Lei Chang thought while taking three arrows this time.

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

He released three arrows in a row.

[Ding! You used 'Rapid Chain Shoot']

The one-horned wolf moved swiftly and broke the three arrows into pieces.

‘So, this is a rank 1 low-level monster.’ Lei Chang calmly took the staff from his back, feeling that the bow was useless.

He dropped the bow and quiver on the ground, so they wouldn’t cause problems while fighting.

“Wooo.” One-horned wolf roared mockingly, feeling a little joy.

“Step back, fatty.” Lei Chang said seriously, this wasn’t a battle in which Xu Long could participate.

Xu Long was still in shock, looking at the one-horned wolf.

 

"Wha-tt? Bu-tt…..” Xu Long wanted to say something to support Lei Chang, but Lei Chang looked at him sternly, silencing Xu Long.

Seeing that he was serious, Xu Long went back, creating distance between them.

One-horned wolf looked as Xu Long distanced himself from them; it didn’t do anything as it felt that humans were weak and focused only on Lei Chang as he attacked it.

 Wolf rushed towards Lei Chang, seeing that he was prepared. It gave him enough time to prepare, as it believed that he was quite an interesting human who didn’t care for his life.

It appeared in front of Lei Chang in a blink by jumping into the air and attacked him with its front right claw.

[ Ding! You used the 'Claw Attack' ]

“Be careful, Chang.” Xu Long shouted, clenching his fists.

[ Your innate ability “%&%#^#’ activated ]

His status panel got a notification while he focused on the battle, forgetting everything.

He was very nervous because, according to him, Lei Chang is an ordinary mortal, whereas that one-horned wolf is a ferocious beast equivalent to a human body-tempering realm expert.

Rank 1 monsters are called ferocious beasts, and rank 1 humans are called body-tempering realm experts.

Ferocious beasts and body-tempering realm first-stage experts have a strength of 10,000 kg.

But the monsters have unique abilities on top of that, and this is why monsters tend to be stronger than humans in the same realm.

Only some ‘genius’ humans with innate abilities can compete with monsters in the same realm.

He, unaware of Lei Chang's true strength, felt a wave of powerlessness and self-directed anger wash over him.

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Speed Meaning Lv.2: Control'

*25 Agility Boost]

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Staff Meaning Lv.3: Proficient'

*50 Strength Boost *50 Defence Boost while holding staff]

[ Name: Lei Chang

  Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

  HP: 240/240

  Strength: 65 {↑3250}

  Agility: 34 {↑850}

  Defence: 57 { ↑2850}

  Constitution: 24

  Vitality: 23 ]

Lei Chang’s body shone with white light, and his staff shone with golden light.

His staff collided with the wolf’s claw.

Boom!

“This..” Xu Long muttered, feeling shocked by the strength Lei Chang showed.

He never knew that Lei Chang was this strong.

Lei Chang pushed the one-horned wolf back with his staff when his staff and its claw collided.

The wolf landed on the ground and slid back while making slid marks on the ground to support itself.

“Wooo.” One-horned wolf roared angrily due to losing in a clash.

It rushed towards Lei Chang to strike once again.

[ Ding! You used ‘claw strike’ ]

Boom!

Boom!

He and the one-horned wolf’s claw collided multiple times, creating sparks.

[ Ding! You used ‘Double Claw Attack’ ]

When Claw and staff collided, the wolf tried to attack with its front left claw as well, but Lei Chang turned his staff's angle, blocking the attack.

Boom!

There were afterimages of Lei Chang and the one-horned wolf as they clashed.

Boom!

Boom!

[ Block! ]

----

[ Block! ]

----

Lei Chang was just defending himself and getting adapted to the wolf’s attacks to train himself in close combat.

Wolf tried many ways, both in the air and on the ground, but Lei Chang defended himself easily.

He felt that he had a good sparring partner to train with.

“WOooo.” Wolf looked angrily at Lei Chang; it felt that he was mocking.

He just smiled, seeing the one-horned wolf angry; he was holding back a lot, actually.

With the boost of 'Staff Meaning', he has a strength of more than 30000kg. The wolf would be dead with just one hit, but he held back for training.

[ Ding! You used 'Iron Bite' ]

Wolf jumped into the air and tried to bite Lei Chang’s head directly this time.

He turned his head away from the sharp teeth of the one-horned wolf and swiftly struck its tail with his staff.

"Wooo." Wolf shouted in pain as its tail turned into blood paste.

[ Ding!

-120HP

Bleeding Effect!

-10HP per Minute ]

Wolf would be dead if Lei Chang were to strike its other parts. This world has an RPG system, but that doesn’t mean it is a stiff RPG system; it is a living world with just an RPG classification.

So, hitting tail, cutting tail, hands, legs, and ears won’t directly kill the enemy but can kill them indirectly by loss of blood if used properly.

“Wooo.” Wolf roared in pain.

[ Ding! You activated your innate ability ‘Wind control’ ]

[ Ding! You activated 'Wind Boost'

Wind Boost:- Enhances one's speed based on the amount of wind energy they have stored. The more wind energy has stored, the greater the increase in their speed ]

Luckily for the one-horned wolf, the winds are quite high and frequent in Mist Mountain Forest, so it stored wind energy to the maximum it could hold.

[ *15 Agility Boost ]

[ Agility : 102 {↑1503} ]

Lei Chang activated a deeper level of his 'Speed Meaning' seeing the wolf surrounded by light-green energy.

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Speed Meaning Lv.3: Proficient'

 *50 Agility Boost ]

[ Name : Lei Chang

 Agility : 34 {↑1700} ]

"Wooo," The wolf rushed towards Lei Chang in excitement and attacked with its front claws.

But he just dodged all the attacks by moving left and right.

Lei Chang and the one-horned wolf kept moving three to five meters per second while clashing.

“I cannot see.” Xu Long muttered, rubbing his eyes, seeing the afterimages of the fight.

Before, he could at least see the battle as there were few afterimages, but he couldn’t keep up any longer; one second, they were here, and the other second, they were a little behind.

‘Why, I thought I was just behind Lei Chang. How could there be such a gap?’ Xu Long felt angry at himself, seeing that he was so weak compared to him.

Xu Long views Lei Chang as an elder brother and a friend. Lei Chang was very reasonable in his decisions, like elders; that is why he sees him as an elder brother, but in terms of training and strength, he considers him a friend.

However, seeing that Lei Chang was very powerful, he felt that his training was a waste.

‘Strength, what is strength? Strength is power; strength comes from anger, rage, and emotions. I want power.’ Xu Long thought angrily.

'....' Xu Long's thoughts couldn't stop, as well as his anger.

[ Ding! Your innate ability ‘@$%#$%’ activated ]

Xu Long didn’t know his innate ability while he was trying to comprehend what strength was.

After a few seconds, he got a status notification when he was lost in his anger.

[ Ding! You comprehended ‘$$%^*%$^*’ ]

Xu Long clamed a little, but he still hit the nearby rock beside him in his anger.

His hand shone with white light as he hit the rock.

Boom!

The rock was smashed into pieces.

‘Wait? What is this light? Xu Long thought, seeing his hands shining with white light while forgetting that he just smashed a rock into pieces.

Xu Long calmed down, releasing his anger, and he looked at Lei Chang's fight.

“Whh…” Xu Long’s mouth opened wide in shock.

In Xu Long’s view, Lei Chang’s body is covered with white light, and his staff is covered with golden light.

‘What are those lights?’ Xu Long thought with confusion, as he hadn’t seen those lights on Lei Chang before.

“Is that all you got?” Lei Chang mocked, waving his hand towards the wolf while dodging its claws.

“Wooo.” The wolf roared as the horn shone with green light.

Wolf waved its head as green light rushed towards Lei Chang in the form of an energy blade.

Swoop!

[ Ding! You used 'Wind Blade'

Wind Blade: A blade made with wind energy. Its power is determined by the amount of wind energy that is stored ]

 Lei Chang smashed the wind energy blade with his staff.

Boom!

The wind blade broke into pieces, and the pieces sliced the ground behind Lei Chang.

“Wooo.” The one-horned wolf didn’t stop. It kept waving its head, releasing multiple wind blades.

 

[ Ding! You used ‘Wind Blade’]

----

[ Ding! You used ‘Wind Blade’]

----

------

[ Ding! You used ‘Wind Blade’]

[ Ding! You used ‘Rotating Wind Blade’]

[ Ding! You used ‘Blending Wind Blade’]

----

Swoop!

Swoop!

Swoop!

---

Wolf’s wind blades attacked Lei Chang from multiple directions, but he dodged them by moving out of the way.

 

The wind blades scratched the ground below, and the scratches went up to two to three meters.

Some wind blades came to attack Lei Chang from behind by blending, but he kept his eyes on all the blades, so he simply smashed them into pieces.

The one-horned wolf didn’t stop until the wind energy in its body finished.

Lei Chang smashed some wind blades and dodged some wind blades. He used those blades to train his reaction, dodging speed.

“Woo.” One-horned wolf started to pant after its wind energy was finished. 

The ground where they fought had multiple slice marks extending up to three meters, each half a centimetre deep.

Lei Chang decided to end this now, seeing that he had gained some experience in battle and feeling that the one-horned wolf could no longer continue.

He simply strikes the wolf’s head with his staff by jumping on the wolf’s head.

One-horned wolf was dead!

[Ding! 

-2000 HP

You killed the one-horned wolf

You gained 5 Exp ]

One-horned wolf’s head was smashed into pieces, and there were many dead bodies on the ground with a lot of blood flowing.

Lei Chag and Xu Long didn’t feel like vomiting; instead, they looked calmly at bodies.

They, along with the Mist Village kids, have always looked at the bloody bodies of the dead monsters when villagers bring the hunt to the village.

Also, due to this survival trial, kids adapted to the blood and dead bodies.

In the cave. ----

A transparent and smoke-like figure was watching the battle of Lei Chang. This figure seemed like it would be blown away at any moment due to the wind. The figure looked like an elegant and handsome young man in his twenties with purple hair up to his waist.

“I cannot believe that I saw an unawakened supreme body owner and to think he is a monster among monsters who comprehended multiple ‘Meaning’ types and that too without entering the body-tempering realm.”

“And that kid looks like he just comprehended a ‘Meaning’ now, and he also didn’t enter the body-tempering realm.”

“What monster. A monster attracts another monster.” The smoky figure muttered in shock and looked at the rings on his fingers.

----

Lei Chang then took a green coloured crystal from the ground.

This is the elemental core; it is created by monsters when entering into cultivation. The elemental core stays in the body parts of different monsters, but all the monsters have the elemental core.

This core is the one that separates animals from monsters.

One-horned wolf stored its wind energy in this crystal. This crystal is very useful for humans, as it can be used in making many pills, spiritual food, talismans, and so on.

‘Did that rock get hit by a wind blade?’ Lei Chang thought, but when he saw Xu Long’s hands, he figured it out.

“Strength Meaning’, Fatty’s innate ability might have helped him to comprehend it.’ Lei Chang thought and smiled, seeing his friend getting stronger.

But he cannot believe that there is an innate ability that can help one comprehend meaning.

‘If he has such a powerful innate ability, why wasn’t he powerful in the novel.’ Lei Chang fell into doubt.

But he quickly snapped off his doubts, as it was good anyway.

“What were those lights?” Xu Long asked doubtfully, seeing Lei Chang coming towards him.

End of the chapter. ____________________________

Did you like the chapter?

5