Chapter 24: Encounter with Brownbrutes.
145 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 24: Encounter with Brownbrutes.

__________________________________

“What’s wrong?” Lin Rui asked doubtfully, seeing everyone turn pale.

“We all ate blue star fruits.” Everyone said truthfully, knowing that there is no use in hiding.

“Youu…” Lin Rui sighed, knowing that they couldn’t handle hunger.

Blue star fruit is mortal-level poison; no matter how strong a person is, they will die within seven days after eating it. Only body-tempering realm experts and above realm experts are immune to them.

Blue star fruits are quite sweet in taste, and each one of them is the size of double the human palm.

Lin Rui and his team found a tree with some fruits. After seeing that they were blue-star fruits, he right away told his team to throw them away.

His team thought Lin Rui was overreacting, so they didn’t throw them but instead hid and ate them due to their hunger. They just didn’t expect that the poison in blue star fruit would be so powerful; they believed that they could tolerate the poison.

Even Lin Rui didn’t know that it was so poisonous; he only knew that it was a poisonous fruit, so he didn’t want to take risks.

This blue star fruit is one of many poisonous fruits in the Mist Mountain Forest.

Seeing Chu Qi’s dangerous situation, they activated their 'Light Signal Talisman' and Chu Li’s 'Light Signal Talisman'.

Nine huge lights reached the sky. Even from the corner of Mist Mountain Forest, they can see the lights.

"An entire team is eliminated."

"They might have encountered a problem."

"It looks like they cannot continue anymore."

"They should have fainted from hunger."

"..."

"..."

Other teams discussed among themselves spotting the lights.

 In the center of the Mist Mountain Forest. ----

Elder Ning complained, gazing at the lights in the sky, "If they can't endure hunger for just these ten days or so, they'll encounter significant challenges in their future lives. We must cultivate the willpower of these youngsters."

"Indeed, their willpower remains fragile. They haven't encountered any real obstacles yet," Coach Chen replied, pondering how the youngsters were living happily with the support of the village and their parents.

"..."

".."

Elder Ning and Coach Chen were discussing about kids' training while other coaches were looking at the Lin Qian group's spanking  Ahhh hmm... training.

"I'll go if it's alright with you," Coach Fang said, glancing at the other coaches who were observing the spectacle of kids getting spanked by yellow monkeys.

“Go, Go.”

“I won’t miss this show.”

“…”

“…”

Coach Fang set off as other coaches agreed.

[ Ding! You failed the Mist Village chief quest ]

----

[ Ding! You failed the Mist Village chief quest ]

----

[ Ding! You failed the Mist Village chief quest ]

------

---

[ Ding! You failed the Mist Village chief quest ]

Soon, Coach Fang arrived at the spot.

"She is poisoned.” Coach Fang examined Chu Qi.

He immediately tossed a pill into her mouth.

[ Ding! You took a Rank 1 low-level Antidote ]

Due to the pill, Chu Qi sat up like a normal person in seconds.

“I am fine.” Chu Qi shouted with joy, but she turned silent once Coach Fang came into her sight.

“Was I eliminated?” Chu Qi asked nervously, looking at the smiling Coach Fang.

“Yes, you are. Get ready for hell training.” Coach Fang said solemnly; even he felt a chill remembering the yellow monkey’s spanking.

Everyone relaxed seeing Chu Qi fine, but when they heard hell training, their faces twitched.

Now only Lin Rui is in the survival trial; all his team members were eliminated.

----

As time slipped away, only two days remained until the conclusion of the survival trial.

Five teams finally meet each other. Lin Hua, Chu Li, Lin Mao, and Mu Guo, Lin Rui.

Lin Rui’s team was hiding in bushes and looking at the four teams.

Everyone from the four teams drew their weapons the moment they met, having found no food for the past few days.

Stealing is the only method left for finding food!

“Hand over the food; there will be no need for fighting.” Lin Mao declared domineeringly as if he were above everyone.

 

He had been proud of himself for attending the martial gym and residing in the city. Nevertheless, he hadn't wanted to take part in the village's trial after witnessing the powerful geniuses in the city. Despite his reluctance, his father had made him participate.

Since he participated, he felt at least he had to show how superior he is to his fellow villagers, even if he could not be compared to city geniuses.

"Huh, city punk. Don't think you're powerful just because you trained in the city," Mu Guo sneered arrogantly, dismissing Lin Mao.

“Yeah, Lin Mao I don't think city geniuses differ much from us.” Lin Hua said, feeling that city geniuses would be only a little stronger than them.

"Let's see how much stronger you've become from training in the city," Chu Li exclaimed, excitement gleaming in her eyes as she anticipated the battle.

Lin Mao just smiled sadly, seeing them; he felt they would understand the difference after seeing those geniuses.

Only the team leaders were prepared to engage in combat, while their team members promptly retreated upon encountering others. They were aware that they wouldn't be of much assistance in this intense level of fighting.

Only Lin An was hiding on the tree branch, holding her bow, ready to help Lin Hua and Chu Li if needed.

Mu Guo activated his innate ability.

[Ding! You activated your innate ability, ‘Mighty Sabre' ]

[ Name: Mu Guo

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 150/150

 Strength: 48 (+2) {↑144}

 Agility: 24 {↑72}

 Defence: 37 (+3) {↑111}

 Constitution: 15 

 Vitality: 19 ]

----

 ----

[ Name: Lin Mao

  Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

  HP: 180/180

  Strength: 54 (+2)

  Agility: 26

  Defence: 42 (+3)

  Constitution: 18

  Vitality: 18 ]

----

[ Name: Lin Hua

  Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

  HP: 120/120

  Strength: 33 (+2)

  Agility: 26

  Defence: 29

  Constitution: 12

  Vitality: 18 ]

----

[ Name: Chu Li

  Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

  HP: 130/130

  Strength: 34 (+2)

  Agility: 25

  Defence: 28

  Constitution: 13

  Vitality: 18 ]

Everyone checked their opponent's stats and decided what to do.

Mu Guo held his sabre and rushed towards Lin Mao.

 

[ Ding! 

 You activated the scarlet body ability ‘Blood Strengthening'

Strength *3, Defence *2 ]

[Name: Lin Mao

Strength: 54 (+2) {↑162}

Defence: 42 {↑84} ]

Mu Guo slashed Lin Mao’s with a sabre, and Lin Mao countered with a punch.

Mu Guo’s sabre broke into pieces from Lin Mao's punch.

Lin Mao was wearing rank 1 low-level gloves, so mortal-level sharp objects could not pierce his hands.

He had only +2 in strength, even if they were rank 1 low-level gloves because Lin Mao could not bring out its true power.

“What?” Mu Guo exclaimed, looking at the broken sabre in shock.

“Th-isss.”

“Wh-oaa.”

“….”

Everyone watching the battle was shocked as Lin Mao casually broke the sabre.

 “Did you use a spiritual weapon?” Mu Guo asked angrily, feeling that he had lost due to a spiritual weapon.

 

“Even without a spiritual weapon, it will be the same.” Lin Mao replied indifferently.

Lin Mao looked at Mu Guo, thinking ‘He couldn't even defeat me. How could he have the hope of seeing city geniuses in his life?’

Lin Mao was a low level of genius in the city; his aptitude and potential are quite high even in the city, but city geniuses have resources that pull them to an insane height.

“So, will you two...” Lin Guo wanted to say something, but suddenly loud roars echoed.

Huge monsters appeared in the vision of the kids.

 

 

“Raor.”

"Roar."

Five monsters roared angrily, looking at punny humans.

These five monsters were towering apes, standing at four meters in height. Their bodies were covered in thick black fur, except for patches of brown fur on their arms.

Brownbrutes!

“Th-isss.”

“Runn.”

“….”

Everyone wet their pants seeing monsters; they didn’t care about others and started to run away.

“We are finished.”

“Mom, I want to see you one more time.”

“Dad, save me.”

“Coach Chen, save me.”

“…”

“…”

Some kids cried right away, falling to the ground; some were devastated with despair.

“Roar.” The five monsters roared loudly as kids fell to their knees, not being able to stand.

Only Lin Mao, Mu Guo, Lin Hua, Chu Li, and Lin Shi tried to stand up but their knees were bent.

This wasn't due to a weak mentality like before; it was soul pressure, which came from instincts. Only strong willpower could overcome this.

One of the five apes came to the kid who was nearby, who had fainted due to pressure from the monsters.

No one cared about him!

Lin An who was on the tree was not affected by pressure. She looked at the status of those monsters.

 [ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2500/2500

  Strength: 1100

  Agility: 101

  Defence: 1000

  Constitution: 250

  Vitality: 150 ]

----

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2400/2400

  Strength: 1060

  Agility: 100

  Defence: 1020

  Constitution: 240

  Vitality: 130 ]

------

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2600/2600

  Strength: 1105

  Agility: 101

  Defence: 1050

  Constitution: 260

  Vitality: 140 ]

----

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2100/2100

  Strength: 1005

  Agility: 100

  Defence: 950

  Constitution: 210

  Vitality: 120 ]

----

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Low-level

{Ferocious beast}

{Rank 0 status} 

 HP: 2500/2500

  Strength: 1205

  Agility: 105

  Defence: 1150

  Constitution: 250

  Vitality: 180 ]

 Lin An felt a chill looking at their stats, thinking ‘I have to do something.’

Her hands started to shake in fear, but she nocked an arrow in her bow and launched at the one Brownbrute’s eye.

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Archery’]

Swoop!

Arrow broke into pieces when it tried to pierce the Brownbrute’s eye.

[ Ding!

-1 HP ]

“Rorr.” Brownbrute roared in anger as it felt pain in its right eye due to the arrow.

‘Even its eye is so powerful.’ Lin An felt even more fear seeing Brownbrute's defence.

'If its eye is so powerful, what about other parts?' Lin An dropped her bow, knowing her powerlessness.

Brownbrute, who came to the unconscious kid, tried to kill him by punch.

‘Ahh.’ Lin Mao, who was watching this, tried even more to stand up and rush towards him to help, but he could only stand up with his willpower and much less move.

Other Brownbrutes looked happy seeing the kids’ situation; they just faced a dangerous situation, so they wanted to have fun. Which is why they right away didn't go for kill.

‘It’s over.’ Lin Mao thought sadly while looking from far away as Brownbrute was about to kill the kid with a punch.

Other kids closed their eyes, seeing the situation.

"I am so powerless." Lin Mao lamented, remembering that those city geniuses would have already killed these apes, unlike him, who could not move due to pressure.

"Lin Shao."

"I am sorry, I cannot save you."

"..."

Everyone tried to stand up while feeling sad, as their friend was about to be killed.

When Brownbrute punched the kid, his body didn’t turn into meat paste as Lin Mao imagined; instead, a light barrier appeared on the kid’s body.

[ Ding! 'Light Barrier Talisman' has been activated ]

Protection talisman arranged by coaches!

“Coaches had placed a talisman on us.”

“Yes, they might have expected something like this to happen beforehand.”

“Signal Talisman!!!"

“Yes, I forget that Talisman will signal for help.”

“Good, Coach Chen, come quickly.”

“….”

“…”

Almost all of the kids activated their light signal talismans; they forgot them in fear, but now they remembered them by seeing another talisman.

Huge lights went into the sky, indicating the problem.

[Ding! You activated ‘Light Signal Talisman’ ]

----

[Ding! You activated ‘Light Signal Talisman’ ]

----

[Ding! You activated ‘Light Signal Talisman’ ]

-------

---- 

[Ding! You activated ‘Light Signal Talisman’ ]

The sky turned colourful due to the many lights.

A little farther away from the kids.

“Crazy Chang, why are we waiting?” Xu Long asked, wanting to help those kids.

“No, we won’t help them until they take down one of those monsters on their own.” Lei Chang said, looking stern.

‘They are the future of Mist Village, and Mist Village will face many hurdles in the future. These kids have to become strong enough to fight beyond their levels if they want to keep Mist Village safe.’ Lei Chang thought, remembering the hurdles and destruction Original MC faced.

End of the Chapter. _________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter.

Schedule change: Three chapters per week.

 

4