Chapter 26: Killing Mystic Foxes
135 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 26: Killing Mystic Foxes.

______________________________________

"Fatty, get ready to fight." Lei Chang shouted while taking out his staff from the barrier.

"Okay." Xu Long took out his hammer in response to his friend.

"Rorr."

"Roar."

The monsters rushed towards them at a high speed.

Xu Long waited for Lei Chang's word to attack.

"Roar."

Mystic foxes roared to stop the Brownbrutes behind them as they stopped in front of the barrier created by Lei Chang.

They looked carefully at the barrier in front of them.

Meaning was not visible to foxes, but due to their strong soul-related abilities, they could feel there was something in front of them even if they couldn't see it.

When foxes first tried touching, they felt something like a wall stood in front of them.

After understanding that, they tried to force through it with their brute strength.

Boom! Boom!

Foxes tried to attack the barrier to break it, as it was the first thing that came to their minds.

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

----

---

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

"Roar."

They unleashed their full strength but couldn't even scratch the barrier.

[ Mystic Fox

Rank 1: Mid-Level

{Ferocious Beast}

{Rank 1 status}

HP: 410/410

Strength: 41

Agility: 19

Defence: 36

Constitution: 41

Vitality: 29 ]

------

[ Mystic Fox

Rank 1: Mid-Level

{Ferocious Beast}

{Rank 1 status}

HP: 420/420

Strength: 40

Agility: 20

Defence: 37

Constitution: 42

Vitality: 28 ]

----

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Mid-Level

{Ferocious Beast}

{Rank 1 status}

HP: 510/510

Strength: 45

Agility: 17

Defence: 41

Constitution: 51

Vitality: 30 ]

-----

---

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Mid-Level

{Ferocious Beast}

{Rank 1 status}

HP: 540/540

Strength: 47

Agility: 18

Defence: 45

Constitution: 54

Vitality: 30 ]

Lei Chang checked the status of foxes and some strong looking Brownbrutes; he didn't care to check other Brownbrutes, which were just rank 1 low-level monsters (First Stage).

Monsters are classified as low, mid, and high, but they can be subdivided into nine realms, like humans.

As he focused on the monster's rank, a notification appeared.

[ Mystic Fox

Rank 1: Mid-Level ( 4th Stage ) ]

----

[ Mystic Fox

Rank 1: Mid-Level ( 4th Stage ) ]

----

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Mid-Level ( 4th Stage ) ]

----

---

[ Brownbrute

Rank 1: Mid-Level ( 4th Stage ) ]

All of them are equivalent to the fourth stage of body-tempering realm experts.

But as they are monsters, they are stronger than humans in the fourth stage due to their innate abilities.

'Mystic foxes are almost undefeatable monsters within the same realm.' Lei Chang thought, remembering what Mist Village taught him.

Mystic foxes have soul-related abilities, which can range from illusion to controlling the soul.

Soul-controlling ability, even among the mystic foxes, is so rare that it can make them 'King' or 'Queen'.

'Looks like one of them has soul-controlling ability.' Lei Chang identified one of Mystic Fox's abilities by looking at the Brownbrutes army.

Regardless of who it may be, one cannot discern someone's innate abilities solely by looking at a status panel.

That's why humans must educate themselves about monsters' innate abilities before engaging in combat for their own safety.

Due to this, Mist Village taught kids about monsters' abilities so they could decide whether to confront them or flee!

 [ Name: Lei Chang

 Body Realm: Body-Tempering Realm Third Stage

 {Rank 1 Status}

 HP: 460/460

 Strength: 34

 Agility: 16

 Defence: 32

 Constitution: 46

 Vitality: 43 ]

----

 [ Name: Xu Long

 Body Realm: Body-Tempering Realm First Stage

 {Rank 1 Status}

 HP: 160/160

 Strength: 11

 Agility: 10

 Defence: 8

 Constitution: 16

 Vitality: 9 ]

Xu Long checked his status and Lei Chang's status for safety.

'Third stage. I thought he was only in the second stage.' Xu Long felt huge pressure to train but quickly calmed down, looking at the monsters in front of him.

Boom! Boom!

[ Ding!

 -0 HP ]

The foxes smashed the barrier for quite some time.

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

Lei Chang created a small hole slowly on the barrier, enough for one fox to come in.

"Roar."

Mystic Fox rushed to the gap, feeling that its brute force had paid off.

"Roar."

The fox roared for its gang to follow it after it came to the other side.

"Roar."

The other fox tried to come in, listening to its partner, but it just felt like there was a wall, just like before.

"Roarr."

Foxes communicated among themselves.

The fox that came in rushed towards the duo in anger, as it understood they were toyed with.

Due to their strong soul power, their intelligence is almost equal to that of an ordinary adult human.

"Fatty, it is yours to train with." Lei Chang said, looking forward to Xu Long's battle.

"Okay." Xu Long held his hammer and rushed towards the fox.

"Roarr."

All the monsters on the other side roared to cheer and looked at their leader's fight.

Xu Long's hammer shone with white light.

 [ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Strength Meaning Lv.1: Invoke' 

 *10 Strength Boost ]

[ Name: Xu Long

 { Rank 1 Status }

Strength: 11 ( ↑110 ) ]

"Remember, if you are hit by it even once, you are dead." Lei Chang reminded Xu Long, as he doesn't have any defence type 'Meaning'.

"I know." Xu Long answered with a plain face; he knew his strengths and weaknesses. He isn't someone who plays with his life.

[ Ding! You used 'Claw Attack' ]

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Hammer Technique' ]

Fox jumped into the air and tried to attack him from the air with its right claw.

Xu Long swung his hammer and attacked the fox with momentum.

Boom!

Hammer and Fox's right claw clashed with each other as a loud sound echoed.

Both of them got pushed back three feet due to the clash.

[ Ding! 

-73 HP

347/420 ]

Fox looked at its right claw; its entire right hand was shackling due to pain, and its claw limb turned red. It decided to use innate ability as it understood that it could not last with strength.

[ Ding! You used your 'Lesser Soul Eye' ]

Mystic Fox's third eye shone with a red light as it looked into Xu Long's eyes.

His eyes turned red for less than a second, and somehow, they returned to normal.

[ Ding! Your 'Strength Meaning' resisted the soul attack ]

"Whoa, wait, what happened?" Xu Long was confused; he just fulfilled his dream.

He was hit by the illusion, became the strongest person in the world, and finally defeated Lei Chang: fulfilling his dream.

"Roar."

The mystic fox looked at Xu Long in shock as he emerged from his illusion.

It had never witnessed someone break free from its illusion ability. This was a winning ability.

"Roar." Mystic Fox's eye shone with red light again.

[ Ding! Your 'Strength Meaning' resisted the soul attack ]

This time, its ability didn't affect Xu Long.

'Illusion ability.' Xu Long finally remembered about the mystic fox ability taught by Mist Village.

He was looking at the fox with interest, as its third eye was shining like a pearl.

"An illusion." Lei Chang murmured, looking at battle, and thought carefreely, 'Fatty's soul power is not as strong as mystic fox, but 'Strength Meaning' will protect his soul.'

Mystic Fox knew that Xu Long had less soul power than itself, so it used its innate ability confidently.

Mystic foxes can identify if someone has soul power stronger than themselves or not. It is due to this that their survival rate is high.

"Roar."

Mystic Fox looked around and slowly started to move back.

It understood that it was physically weaker than Xu Long, and its innate ability was not working.

Xu Long, gazing at the fox, wasted no time as he rushed toward it, attempting to strike its head with his hammer. His hammer shone with white light.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Hammer Technique' ]

The fox dodged it by moving to the side.

"Roarr." The fox's eyes shone with light as it spotted the weakness.

"Roarr." The fox looked mockingly at its opponent.

"Hmm." Xu Long rushed towards it and tried to smash it.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Hammer Technique' ]

Boom!

A small crater appeared on the ground, but Fox moved to the side and dodged the attack.

"You!!" Xu Long didn't stop; he kept attacking the fox as it kept dodging.

Boom! Boom!

Small craters continued to form on the ground as he tried to attack.

He placed the hammer's head on the ground and bent his legs, taking a squat position. He took deep breaths as he got tired.

"Roarr." Mystic Fox roared happily.

"Roar."

"Roar."

"I will take it from here." Lei Chang said, feeling this amount of fight is enough for Xu Long to understand his weakness.

"Okay." Xu Long sat down, allowing him to take on the fight.

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Speed Meaning Lv.1: Invoke'

*10 Agility Boost ]

 [ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Staff Meaning Lv.1: Invoke' 

 *10 Strength Boost *10 Defence Boost while holding staff ]

[ Name: Lei Chang

 Strength: 34 (↑340 )

Defence: 32 (↑320 )

Agility: 16 (↑160 ) ]

Swish!

He disappeared the moment he activated his Meanings and appeared in front of the fox, and he smashed it on its stomach with his staff.

[ Ding! 

-70 HP ]

The fox got lifted slightly into the air by the staff's force.

"Rrrr."

The fox flinched in pain and coughed blood into the air; it didn't even have a chance to react as it got smashed by staff left and right.

"Yes, beat that fox; how dare it play me?" Xu Long roared happily, looking at the one-sided fight.

[ Ding! 

-70 HP ]

----

[ Ding! 

-70 HP ]

----

---

[ Ding! 

 -70 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Mystic Fox

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

"Wooo."

The mystic fox fell to the ground, dead in mere seconds, with blood flowing from its head.

Lei Chang didn't even allow it to react. Due to pain, it couldn't even focus to activate its innate ability.

"Wooooo."

The mystic fox behind the barrier roared in rage, looking at its partner's dead body.

"Come." Lei Chang said, waving his finger at the other fox as he opened a gap in the barrier.

[ Ding! You created a gap between the 'Staff Meaning Barrier' ]

"Wooo."

The fox rushed towards him, forgetting everything in rage.

It even forgot about its army.

[ Ding! You used your 'Lesser Soul Eye' ]

'Its ability should be soul control.' Lei Chang identified the innate ability of the remaining fox.

He didn't care about the fox's ability, as he had 'Meaning' for his soul protection.

Meaning protects the user's soul involuntarily!

To counter that, one needs the power of other Meaning like illusion Meaning and so on.

Only one Meaning can counter another Meaning.

The fox's third eye shone with red light as it looked at its opponent.

[ Ding! Your 'Strength Meaning' resisted the soul attack ]

[ Ding! Your 'Staff Meaning' resisted the soul attack ]

The fox didn't even get a chance for its innate ability to take place as two Meanings got activated without delay.

[ Ding! You activated Dao Skill 'Staff Meaning Lv.2: Control'

*25 Strength Boost *25 Defence Boost while holding staff ]

[ Name: Lei Chang

 Strength: 34 (↑850 )

Defence: 32 (↑800 )

Agility: 16 (↑160 ) ]

Lei Chang appeared in front of the mystic fox and smashed it on its head.

Boom!

Fox's head smashed open as it died.

[ Ding! 

 -410 HP

You have killed Rank 1: Mid-level Mystic Fox

{Ferocious Beast}

+10 Exp ]

"As expected of Crazy Chang." Xu Long said smilingly, getting up.

"Huh." Lei Chang sighed and looked at the foxes.

He felt sad for killing one brutally and painfully, even if he could kill it in one shot, but he had no choice as he had to anger another fox.

But still, he killed it quickly to minimize the pain.

'It's survival of the fittest.' Lei Chang felt that he finally understood the importance and meaning of this sentence.

Whether the foxes or he, they aren't wrong here.

The foxes were trying to avenge their clan; he was trying to protect his fellow humans.

At the end, the only powerful one survives!

"Roar."

"Roar."

Boom! Boom!

The Brownbrutes rushed towards the staff barrier and kept smashing it.

The small orange fox king was hiding in the middle of Brownbrutes, shivering.

It never expected this kind of ending. Its parents got killed due to it being them here.

'Why aren't they leaving?' Lei Chang is confused, as according to him, they should leave.

He killed the mystic fox so that they could be freed from soul control.

He never wanted to kill that many Brownbrutes, so he targeted the foxes from the beginning itself.

They were indeed controlled by mystic fox, but unlike other mystic foxes, this mystic fox controlled them from the moment they were born!

Due to this, they considered this fox their parent!

End of the chapter. ____________________________________________________________

 Did you like the chapter?

Next Chapter will be on saturday or sunday.

3