Null Impact (86)
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wa'rak was struggling.

Even with the shadows answering his plea, he just could not keep up with the monstrosity that was a full moon abomination.

In terms of stats, Wa'rak was inferior. In terms of skills, Wa'rak was inferior. In terms of everything, Wa'rak was inferior.

But did that mean he was going to give up?

Absolutely not. He would not just lie down and accept fate, he would die before he done that.

No fate could ever hold him back. If the fact that he saw a Wraith recently meant he was going to die, he would survive. Wa'rak was going to live and slaughter every damn abomination in the forest. Nothing was going to escape his wrath once he finished fighting his current opponent.

But to do that, he had to kill himself first.

... Kind of kill himself.

The mimic lunged, its atrocious jaws threatening to sever any of Wa'rak's limbs without trouble with how sharp its red fangs were.

Well, Wa'rak wasn't sure. He had yet to test the full capabilities of the armour he had been given. Even though the armour could be incredibly strong and durable, he would much rather not have to test that.

And if Wa'rak did have to test the durability of the armour, then...

He would just test it on the set that was protecting the mimic.

Wa'rak dodged, using his innate ability to gain a little more distance with the dodge.

By now, about two minutes had passed. Even though he had been constantly using his innate ability, Wa'rak had yet to build back up to the momentum he had before the abomination attacked him. Still, he was slowly accumulating that precious force, growing stronger with each passing second.

The only problem being that Wa'rak was on a timer. He had no idea how long the shadow armour would last, and that damn gibbous moon abomination was constantly pressuring him.

And worst of all, the army was losing. They were being overrun.

Wa'rak hated it.

His kin were not meant to be slaughtered, they were meant to be slaughterers.

So if his kin was unable to kill, then he would kill everything himself.

Snarling, Wa'rak pushed himself forward and swiped at the abomination, his claws sparking harmlessly off of the red mist armour that was mimicking his own.

He growled in dissapointment, but had used his innate ability when he hit the red armour. Even if he done barley any damage with each attack, no armour was impenetrable.

Wa'rak knew that better than any, his insides were hurting terribly. While the armour may have stopped any possible cuts from the mimic's claws, blunt damage still impacted the impervious shadows.

But that meant if it impacted Wa'rak, then it had to impact the abomination.

And Wa'rak had the advantage in one sense. While the abomination could copy his appearance...

It could not copy his innate ability.

At the start of their fight, Wa'rak was slower than the abomination. Now, he was ever so slightly quicker, and his speed was only growing.

Dodging, slashing, biting, anything he used his innate ability for gave him momentum.

And the abomination couldn't stop him.

Wa'rak pounced onto the side of one of the surrounding trees, he then crouched down and used the hard bark as a springboard to launch an attack on the abomination.

The mimic swiped its claws in advance, but Wa'rak was too quick. The second before the abomination's claws would have hit the arrogant wolf's armour, Wa'rak tilted his body slightly and dodged.

Without delay, Wa'rak's claws landed on the mimic's head and used Double Impact, slightly damaging the red armour.

Time was not on Wa'rak's side, but if he kept growing faster then he could just make up for any lost time.

But his speed wasn't enough.

Faster...Faster....Faster!

Speed, he needed more speed. More speed meant he could kill the mimic quicker, kill everything quicker. Then everyone would be able to fall back and allow the Elder to go all out.

All this time, Aldred had been holding back incase he ended up passively hurting anyone around him.

Wa'rak knew that if the Elder went all out, the area around him would have been ruined. That was just how strong Aldred truly was

Then again, the same could be said about the Demon.

But Wa'rak had absolute faith in the Elder, he was sure that there was nothing that could possibly go wrong in Aldred's duel...

Wa'rak kept hopping around, slowly building up momentum.

But it wasn't enough, the abomination was too persistent. There was no way for Wa'rak to land an important hit. With how it was going, they would be stuck in a stalemate.

Then, an idea popped into the armoured wolf's head.

If the red abomination across from him was a mimic of himself...

Would it have the same weaknesses?

No, Wa'rak had already hit where his weakness would have been on the abomination.

Unless...

Wa'rak growled anyway as he dodged another one of The abominations attacks.

Even if he wanted to get the perfect attack on a possible weakness, he didn't have the means to.

The place he wanted to reach was not easy, especially with that armour protecting it.

He just needed one oppurtunity-

Wa'rak froze.

A wave of fear washed over him. His whole body shook as it felt like something was trying to make him keel over and die on the spot.

What?

Wa'rak howled. What pesky thing gave them the right to tell him to die? He was going to be the executioner, not the executed.

But when Wa'rak snapped out of that temporary state of fear, he grinned.

For whatever reason, The abominations all around him seemed to have been affected much more by whatever that was. Majority of them were writhing on the ground, more that they already were considering that many didn't have legs to begin with.

Majority of them... Including the mimic.

Not wasting the oppurtunity he was given, Wa'rak used his innate ability to give him an extra boost towards the abomination and snarled, not for any particular reason, just as a show of strength.

But speed was also imbued into the snarl. He needed speed to gain strength, and he needed strength to slay the mimic.

Faster! Faster! Faster!

Wa'rak flew threw the air like a bullet let loose, his afterimage hovering in the air behind him for a split second before dissapearing into the shadows surrounding them...

The whole time, Wa'rak unaware he was beginning to glow under his sinister armour.

His claws, sharp as ever, slashed down onto the abomination like a guillotine. Wa'rak aimed for the perfect spot, the spot that he believed that he was the weakest.

Not that Wa'rak was weak, its just that he was physically the weakest there.

The top of his head, a place no one would ever be allowed to touch. That was one of the reasons Wa'rak was so infatuated with Umbra, how could she trust the brat so much to allow him to touch the top of her head.

What had he done for him to deserve that level of loyalty and trust?

Wa'rak pushed away the thought, it's not like that mattered. What mattered was that the top of his head was the weakest. For whatever reason, even with all the skills to fortify his body, the top of his skull was extremely weak, much weaker than it should be. He had no idea why, but if it was fate playing a dastardly trick that was all leading up to this moment, then Wa'rak would reluctantly accept that notion.

His claws, gleaming with might and shaking with rage, crashed down onto the armour on top of the gibbous moon abomination's head.

The armour did not shatter, did not break, it did not even react.

That was the oppurtunity gone. The abomination howled and slowly started pushing itself up-

No!

Wa'rak, filled with fury, filled with rage, filled with determination, filled with every emotion that could drive one to the brink and laugh fueled his body. Quickly pouncing using his innate ability, he crashed down on the abominations back, pinning it onto the ground. The ground beneath them cracked at the impact, but Wa'rak paid it no response as he started wailing down on the abomination.

It was like a rodeo, Wa'rak having to constantly adjust himself to keep the mimic pinned as he continued beating his claws on the armour protecting the abominations head.

The glow under his armour started to grow even brighter.

Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!

Wa'rak's thoughts turned into a repetitive flurry as he constantly slammed his claws into the mimic's protected head. His yellow eyes shone with rage as his entire being was focused on breaking the terrifying red armour.

The glow under his own armour was now seeping out the cracks of his shadow armour, the brightness attracting the gaze of some of the beings around him.

But Wa'rak paid it no notice, all that mattered was breaking open that damn red armour.

Evolution imminent

Wa'rak paid it no heed.

Please select-

Wa'rak snarled, cutting the notification short. It was annoying, he had to slay the mimic, not worry about that. He randomly selected an option and got back to his goal.

Faster! Faster! Faster!

His claw continued to crash against the armour, but still nothing was happening. The damn armour was too sturdy, Wa'rak had no way to-

Innate ability evolving

Double Impact -> Triple Impact

Wa'rak did not listen, his claws were too loud against the red mist armour. The ringing through his ears, drowning any notifications.

He didn't care anyway, as long as he managed to kill the abomination, that was enough.

Only the notifications did not stop.

Triple Impact -> Quadruple Impact

Speed. Wa'rak needed more speed.

Faster!

Quadruple Impact -> Quintuple Impact

Faster!

Quintuple Impact -> ...

Everything was blocked out as Wa'rak focused on the soul purpose of breaking through the impenetrable armour. Unaware of the upgrades, his claws kept growing faster and faster. More and more momentum built in within him.

Harder impact, more speed. Every hit started dealing more damage. His claw turned into a blur as it got quicker and quicker, constantly crashing against the armour.

Faster!

Wa'rak howled in pain as one of his claws broke, but he did not falter. His pace constantly grew as he continued howling. Not in pain, to motivate himself.

The constant sound of his claws against the armour got even more rapid, like a helicopter taking off.

Wa'rak paid it no heed.

Time passed way too slow, yet Wa'rak's momentum was constantly and rapidly growing.

What stopped going though, was the notifications.

The final notification rang, but Wa'rak was too immersed with his bloodlust to notice. If he did notice, he would have seen the name and description of his new and upgraded innate ability. He also would have been much happier with the description.

Null Impact -

Your body is the limit

Wa'rak howled, his cry echoing throughout the forest as a terribly loud shatter came from under him.

He did not stop, he couldn't stop. His pace was constantly growing, he couldn't afford to stop. The armour was so close to-

The abomination broke free, rolling away from the raging wolf.

The abomination however, was terribly hurt. It couldn't move properly, every part of its body trembled.

It had to run-

Not even a quarter of a second later, a pair of yellow eyes appeared right in front of it, it's gaze boring into its soul.

And for the first time in its life...

The abomination felt fear

Wa'rak's eyes were filled with rage and a corrupt lust for blood. Nothing would stop him from protecting his kin. If anyone was going to die today, it would be the abominations.

Die.

A word Wa'rak had heard and said countless times, yet he had never said it out loud.

Still, he had to give a tribute to the brat somehow. He had given him those enjoyable moments with Umbra after all.

So, Wa'rak opened his jaw and spoke his first proper word ever.

"Die."

His claw then turned into a blur as it crashed into the cracked piece of red armour protecting the abominations head, his paw burst through and was roughly thrust inside the mimic's head, killing it instantly.

2