Introduction
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Long ago, a great domino event occurred in the magical land of Arla. Arlans called it Tokuka Shera, The Great Departure, where the fourteen Arlan Gods abandoned their home, leaving Arlans to exist without them. But before their departure, The Ascension took place, where each God chose one individual to be their Incarnate, by infusing a piece of their essence into their flesh, to lead in their absence—until their return. These Ascended Incarnates were given the keys to their kingdoms, and the divine weapons, secrets, and power they came with it. Until the Gods return, one offspring from each generation, normally the oldest, will be chosen by the essence when ready, marking the end of a reign and the beginning of a new one. 

But it’s been 346 years since the Gods left. So what happens when not only ordinary beings, but beings with god-like powers and divine weapons are left alone, unchecked? Disorder and War. 

Since Tokuka Shera, wars have ravaged the once divine world. Kingdoms have been conquered. Rulers tortured. Beasts slayed. Heroes born. Incarnates killed. 

There was Andelusia’s Conquest. The Great Mushrooming. The Ancestral Clash. The Barren Wars. And recently, the deadliest war in Arlan history, the war that saw the near annihilation of Arla and its people: The Hallow War. But while the war is technically over now, peace is nowhere on the horizon.

  • Separationists and Reclaimants, two rebellious political factions, are rising in the wake of Arla’s near destruction, calling for liberation and independence.
  • A beloved Ascended Incarnate Queen finds herself at the center of a forbidden love triangle between an unascended prince and a banished ascended Incarnate, who’ll both do anything to have her all to themselves and the power they crave. 
  • In the South, a young, cunning Ascended Incarnate with the power to compel stands to do everything to have what she desires, even if it means choosing Lust over Love. Bloodshed over peace.

Set in the aftermath of The Hallow War, the deadliest magical war in Arlan history, the Chronicles of Arla tells the interconnecting stories of magical and non magical Arlans who are still reeling from their losses, and desperately trying to pick up the pieces of a once glorious land from the ashes; the stories of murderous, cunning Ascended Incarnates and the nightmares that seek to destroy them; the story of a forbidden love triangle that finds a cursed prince and a banished king warring for a beloved Queen; the story of a bisexual royal who must choose either the woman she is falling for or the cause she was born in; and the story of how two rebellious political factions rise in power, desperate for revenge, with the help of The Unseen—an immemorial shapeless, faceless being, with its own secrets, agenda, and hidden army.

Is another war approaching? Which Incarnates will survive? Will the Gods return? The future is to be determined. 

0