Chapter 52 -Alliance- Part IV
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 52 -ALLIANCE- PART IV 

 

PEARL MILLGUARD

 

   Chuzeoth striked Alter’s neck, hence bringing him into an unconscious state for the time being. We needed to know why Alter’s expression changed so suddenly, his mana manipulation and aura changed without any trace of his original ones. 

 

   The apostles only had to witness the total humiliation of their so called worshiped being on the ground without any strength at all. Yet the hooded girl stepped forward when the elder dragon was going to pick Alter’s body, though she hesitated for a second, her foot landed forward releasing the intent of a murderer. 

 

   In any moment she would attack Chuzeoth, even kill him if he's not in guard. 

 

   However, she didn’t. Instead only walked up to Alter’s limp body and moved his bangs out his face, a smile was on her face. Not a happy one but a comfortable one that did leave me in loss of words, before she spoke a sigh left her mouth. Her emerald eyes looked at me and felt it staring at my soul, again, “Listen up princess, we are not going to do nothing for now since he said not to attack without his permission, but that only ranged to the Angels not you dragons.”

 

   She stood from where her position was, taking off her hood and letting out her features. Her cold indigo short hair with her green menacing eyes from before, those green polished eyes told me her action that she would make at that moment. 

 

   As for her words earlier, the only answer I gave her was a simple yet confident nod. The shadows below each and every single one of the apostles grew to accommodate their bodies length and width. All aside from the leader of this cult fell backwards into their evergrowing shadow, being flooded with the darkness that masked them so there was nothing more. 

 

   “One last thing,” she said, opening her arms to shoulder length as did her shadow. “I will be back when he wakes up.” her slim yet grown body fell gracefully to the shadow’s embrace before leaving more words in her stead. “We will follow the Halo king, even to the depths of hell.” The loyalty message echoed and died slowly as nothing was left in her place but only a fire type of dark, then it was gone in a matter of seconds. 

 

   Chuzeoth came close with our little one’s body, everything about this day was abnormal. Looking closely at his source of mana, there was none. No reaction or a little response of magical power entering his mana ring. 

 

   My soul sank, seeing that his magical powers were being replenished brought negative attention. Eugene was the next to notice, after the general dragon. 

 

   “W-what is going on? His mana is not being replenished… on the other hand it was exhausting!” Little by little, the mana that was left on his ring was slipping away. 

 

   The first prince of Ezar words were loud enough that the Angel that had summoned the “celestial chains” as Alter referred to it came close, her short brown hair glowed with grace and blessing.

 

   The gold colored eyes had confidence as well as determination, more than us the royals from the mighty dragon race. 

 

   However, that wasn’t the only thing that soared from her, a massive and engulfing aura that filled the room to the brim of the dome shaped ceiling. Normally, aura and mana can’t be seen in any form—Alter is an exception with his unique abilities—. But now, the aura around her was clearly visible to me, everyone in the room could see it. The Divine Feminine aura felt like she wasn’t a normal soldier here in the Angelic Temple, there was a mistake that I had made at the moment, she wasn’t a soldier or anything like that. She was the Queen of Angels: Jeana Alexander.

 

   “Your Highness you shouldn’t—“ Star Angel Michael was cut off by her lifted hand. The word “Your Highness” means only one thing, I was spot on with my own thoughts. 

 

   Nevertheless, Angel Queen Jeane seemed a little young for a person who has been in power since ancient times. Probably a couple hundred years younger than me? I dismissed the idea of her age, if it wasn’t for the Star Angel Michael, my theory wouldn’t be correct. Or maybe the fact that there was a whitish gold crown, giving away at the fact that she was the Angel Queen, aka Angel God.

 

   With a wave of her hand, two women guards appeared beside her. Kneeling in front of Jeane showing respect for the Monarch that was a God.

 

   “Aside from the unknown Angel, take the rest for treatment.” The Angel Queen ordered, in fast motion the two women began to summon more of their own to the point where there was a chance of fifteen healers in the room. 

 

   Not wasting a second, a sound that was supposed to be words was let out but cut in that same moment. The Angel God half-turned her face before glare at us with a menacing demeanor, “The rest follow me.” 

 

***

 

   Complete silence aside from our footsteps that resonated with the long and winding hallway. No word or phrase was used, only our own line of sights spoke. 

 

   I was confused on why the Angel Queen was here, sure the “duel” that happened to storm the flying angelic temple shook with the mana that coalition against each other. I probably wouldn’t have lasted that long like Alter, between three-to-four minutes could’ve been my limit against a Star, much worse a Star Angel.

 

   But then again, Alter’s presence and mana changed when everything was about to end and suddenly turned the tables three against one with ease. 

 

   Pondering whether that was the case that brought the Angel God to the extent, another problem was the fact that the mana and aura changed. Even the white bright light wings changed to dark shimmering coal that unhandled a couple of feathers along the “duel”.

 

   The Apostle’s seemed to know what happened at that time, their faces expressing their own thoughts about what was happening. Happiness was the feeling they expressed, when Alter brought Star Angel Michael to his knees to later then mentally break Marshal Gabriel and even best Marshal Klyde.

 

   Or could it be that the calamity had taken over his body? That was one possible outcome for the sudden shake of the temple but yet it seemed impossible. The calamity that resides within Alter shouldn’t have the slightest strength to take over his body, at least not without help from the outside…

 

   I can’t seem to find a better explanation for the situation, but I should talk to the rest about my theory before Alter is in this. 

 

   Those thoughts I saved for later seeing as we had been at our destination with how the Queen of Angels stayed still in front of a large twin doorway. Automatically, the twin doors opened to allow us into the scenery being a room filled with technology that we dragons can’t get to rival. Similar yet different, the machine that was in front with a bed next to it told me that it was just like the one back home. 

 

   Jeana signaled Chuzeoth to lay down the prince’s body on the bed before allowing other Angels to inject something into his body. I was suspicious of the idea of the Angel Queen treating him personally like they’d met before. 

 

   I scolded myself. No Pearl, that didn’t matter right now. What did is Alter’s health so that we can continue with our objective… however that doesn’t really mean anything now, Inox was hit with a magical beam that came from the sky and yet we survived. Dimgaze wasn’t in Inox like the messenger said he was, now the only thing was to go back to Ezar where we would take out time before taking another step. 

 

   Dammit… all of our plans are falling down the steep canyon, unbelievable how far we’ve come and what we’ve accomplished, nothing. Though we might have attained—more like Alter had obtained some angel power that is at his disposal and will, while at the same time we lost some “allies”. 

 

   My eyes lingered on his body then face, he had been pushing himself far too hard these past days. He hasn't been able to sleep or even rest since his fight with the basilisk back in Afreon, this should be his reward for fighting non-stop. 

 

   Eugene and elder Chuzeoth were both on guard for Alter, thinking that he might awaken at any time. While I just stared at the Angel Queen without any apparent reason. 

 

   Yet my mind didn’t think so otherwise as well as my gut, both were telling me that she had some utter motive to have Alter take treatment in such situations. Walking in, the Angels that were in charge of the machine connected to Alter, holding some files that were given to the Angel Queen. 

 

   Her golden eyes rolled across the papers given to her, like some sort of result. Then they widened when she read something that stunned her, the brown haired Queen immediately turned to the Angel that gave her the results. 

 

   The emotions in her gold eyes showed disbelief and confusion. 

 

   “Is this true?” Jeane questioned with the paper being held tight by her palm. 

 

   The Angel which had his features hidden and covered by his uniform responded with a manly and confident, untrue voice. “Yes, your majesty. He has Royal Angel blood within him.” 

 

   …What now?

 

   I looked at general Chuzeoth and Eugene, thinking that they too heard the words that came out of the Angel but I was too hopeful. The two dragons were both under their own thoughts that when I launched a spell towards them none reacted. 

 

   Being unclear on what to do, the Angel God ordered the Angel healer to keep Alter’s treatment ongoing. She let out a tiresome sigh and said, “Residents of Ezar, please follow me to a more appropriate place to talk about some important matters and issues that are in place.” 

 

   Accepting her request, we all left the room where Alter resided in and followed the Angel Queen. 

 

   When we arrived at the appropriate place, doors opened and we witnessed a room large enough to have fifty people and still had room for more. In the middle there was a large table with chairs facing each other. 

 

   The Angel God sat in what we considered the front of the table while we sat one chair down, demonstrating that we were only trespassing on their property and only meant respect. 

 

   Of course we couldn’t do anything if she were to order for our own execution for “trespassing” but what I don’t understand is why we were brought here?

 

   More like who brought us here in the first place? 

 

   However, my questions and doubts were answered in less than what I expected. 

 

   Breaking the tension between us, Queen Jeane spoke first. 

 

   Though her tone wasn’t quite threatening nor welcoming, it was more like she had been caught up with everything that had just happened these past days. 

 

   “First of all, all of you might know who I am at this point, but those who don’t, I am Angel Queen Betty Alexander. Second Angel princess.” 

 

   Second Angel… princess? 

 

   “Wait wait wait, then that means that the former Queen has—“

 

   “Died? Yes, former Queen Angel God Jeane Alexander was killed by other gods.” Queen Betty responded after cutting me off, leaving the two dragons dumbfounded by the information that she had relayed to us. 

 

   Sinking in the words, she left us only with a minute before continuing. “I get that you two are the Royal Family? Pearl and Eugene Millguard, correct?” Pointing to us like she knew us by picture or even before.

 

   The dragon general stood up and bowed apologetically. “My deepest apologies to your majesty Betty, for I have committed a grave insult in your presence for sitting as a lowly general.” 

 

   I turned to the dragon expressionless, when has he acted like this while we were with him? Being with him for many decades, he has never done that, even to mother and father. 

 

   Queen Betty still had her face of responsibility before letting it go with just another tired sigh. Her pale hand lifted to let the old dragon understand her intentions, “General Chuzeoth, that’s enough. Even though you entered my kingdom without any invitation or notice, you five are still guests to this kingdom.” 

 

   Before even questioning her words when she said five, the door that we had entered through opened. A young woman came in with black hair and brown eyes, Susan. I thought, how could I’ve ever forgotten about her? 

 

   I truly was a disgrace of a dragon princess. 

 

   More importantly she was fine, the injuries that she had sustained during that so-called trial of the Angelic Council were gone. 

 

   Susan was seated next to Eugene before the Angel God continued, with a more serious approach. 

 

   “Before we talk about the reason why you are here, there is something you three dragons need to know. Something about your homeland, Ezar.”

0