Chapter 54 -Know The Difference-
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 54 -KNOW THE DIFFERENCE-

 

   I gritted my teeth upon his face, a quite far marathon that’s been. The all too familiar and old memory of a person only brought bitter taste to my mouth. It's been far too long since I’ve seen his original face.

 

   Walking to the front of the classroom where professor Xavier had teached me for two years is now occupied by me, a being that’s as equal of guilt as the one in front of me. 

 

   The podium where the professor put his book was now behind me, it had forced many moments of when I’d be up here to solve a problem or a question. I set aside my pride and ego which had been my own motivation to punish the one wolf dressed as a sheep at the end of the room. I smiled, it was weak but it had meaning behind it, a meaning of gratitude for that professor. 

 

   “That’s an odd sight, seeing you smile that is.” 

 

   He stated, having his black eyes in my direction but then turned to the window and continued with his spectating. Being skeptical about his words and what meaning it had behind, resuming my one-sided conversation with the podium. 

 

   I clasped my hands together in a thankful gesture before heading into the lion’s mouth. I sighed softly, letting out whatever there was left of my uneasiness that revolted in my chest. 

 

   “…What is this place?” I asked, sitting next but not close to him. Exactly how I remember it, was a side thought that had appeared when my bottom touched the chair connected to a table. 

 

   Silence… silence only resounded as he supported his head with his hand directly on the chin. 

 

   Is he for real? Damn monster, why do I have to be stuck here with him?

 

   Subsequently, I felt my spirit along with my strength fade from me. It was being taken away from me, twisting the world I was with a knife of dizziness. 

 

   A sharp pain attacked the inside of my head, perceiving it like it was about to explode in a thousand of ways. What… is… going… on?

 

   Gasping for air in between my words, I held my chest tightly with my right hand, wrinkling the uniform of the academy…

 

   Huh? A uniform… from the academy?

 

   Why—, before I would even calm myself the small yet disturbing pain grew in the sense of strength.

 

   Groaning in pain while my body fell to the checkers floor. 

 

   ‘Deactivate your phase.’

 

   Wha—

 

   “You heard me, deactivate your Ancient Walker phase.” 

 

   Slowly, but in pain, I rotated my body to where the voice came. The boy who had been watching outside the window was now in front of my aching body, the annoyance of his eyes and expression showed me that he still was a monster. 

 

   His feelings were as cold as the North Pole, with the disinterest in his dead eyes and deep voice. I knew that I was only a pebble in his shoe and that more than anything got on his nerves.

 

   I too had known that feeling too, after all I had experienced it first hand in this world and in the other. The feeling of not being able to protect those who I hold dear, powerless to the core even with the mana ring in the world I now live in is not enough to fight stronger beings like Stars, much less gods.

 

   He hunched down, letting his arms rest on his knees while he stared in disgust. It was the same as the last time with him, in the throne room, that bastard only smiled as I struggled to unleash myself from that gravity-like spell.

 

   “You hate it don’t you? Being stared down like a fool who only seeks power for himself, that’s an act of a sin of greed.” He remarked, lowering his brows in a manner of defiance. As if it wasn't enough, he continued to make an idiot out of me. “But that’s how you always have been, a fool, an idiot, sorry for an old excuse of being in pain and suffering. Whether it’s on Earth or in this fantasy world, you are the very same.”

 

   Lashing at him—forgetting about the pain that now revolved around my whole body—pushed myself into my feet while trying desperately to keep my sanity from falling apart. Conjuring the will of lightning mana into my dominant hand, a throb of lightning that crackled soundlessly through the classroom, pushing and catching the desk on fire. 

 

   The lightning sword that I made was now ready for the next step, and it was to fight this monster and destroy him once and for all. Ending all this madness that followed from my past life, a past life where everything had gone wrong.

 

   “Don’t you—.”

 

   “Don’t I do what, ‘Dare’? ‘Start’? You think that with the help of mana of the fantasy world you now call home is enough to kill someone like me? It seems that you’ve now allowed that power to go to your own head and now think you are the strongest, very prideful of you. But that is to be expected, after all you cannot change, this world or the other you are the very fucking same.”

 

   The more he spoke and uttered his words, the more anger that I was unable to contain. Dashing out of emotion, I swung at his side with the elemental-affinity sword. However, it was obvious that I wouldn’t be able to damage him, not in this state at least.

 

   Again and again I attempted to do what no other person in their right mind would do, and that is to kill him. No one tried to do so but they knew that they were outmatched the moment they looked at him, even the gods were scared at the name he obtained on Earth and never spoke of his name.

 

   “Gods, humans, demons, elementals, angels. They’re all the same, greedy creatures that only seek to satisfy their own desires. No matter the pay or sacrifice, they only do what only benefits them.” 

 

   The emotionless boy announced like he was talking about a presentation to the whole class. His black straight hair was long enough to be tied but was short enough to see his face along with his ‘emotions’.

 

   Not paying attention to his claims, I reinforced the mana into my legs hoping it would help me get faster. Particles of all four affinities circled around me and my body, they waited with anticipation to be able to be used to me. 

 

   My mind began to order the particles to move into my body and restructure my muscles and joints for this long period of battle that was queued. I needed to step into this fight with a clear mind, one mistake on thought and movement comes with the reward of death. 

 

    Cursing, I once again leaped into the room with my weapon ready to strike. Above my head and far enough, my weapon reached the highest position it needed to be in and now it was only a matter of me thrusting or swinging at him. 

 

   With the answer already in hand I approached him and asked for his motive for him being here.

 

   The eyes with no emotion only scanned but didn’t take action, his mouth opened slightly before closing immediately. The sound of clicking was the loudest before I appeared behind him and struck at him with all my force that even mana was augmented into the attack itself for more damage, whether he blocked or not there was damage to be had.

 

   A strong gust of wind blew off the tables and everything that was in the room, windows alone with doors were shattered by the recoil of the attack. Taking back my ground, I backed away from him and waited for the smoke caused by the fire to clear up. Suddenly the smoke alarms started ringing and the sprinklers began to turn on, in minutes the fire had died down.

 

   The wet and cold clothes began to get heavy as I tried to walk to him, summoning Onyx dragon armor was the closest option I had to some defense but that meant destroying the connection to mana that I had right now and placing it into the armor. And if I did, I needed at least three to four seconds for the white armor to fully appear. 

 

   I would be vulnerable if I were to use it.

 

   This bastard’s reaction time is faster than mine which is a treat to anyone he fights, he could even adapt to one’s fighting style as well. He’s truly a monster, I whispered to myself in mind that I had no other choice but to fight him. 

 

   “You seem to have high hopes that your attack would do something to me.” 

 

   Those words had entered my left ear, startled, I twisted my body to my right as well as my lighting sword let out small bursts of lightning as it got close to the floor. Nothing, nothing was there or at least nothing that was a living organism. My blade had touched nothing but the emptiness of the room. Seconds later movement came from behind me, where the recoil of the fight happened moments before. 

 

   My anger was not alone anymore but now had a companion to be with, desperation. I know how strong he is but that doesn't mean he was invincible or immortal, he acts human and displays human emotion and qualities but in the end deep down he is a monster of an anomaly. 

 

   However, that only meant that without my halo’s power he would be a monster, the difference between me and him in magical prowess or fighting prowess would soon change when I released my form. 

 

   I was the Halo King, a being who was compatible with the powers of an Angel. No other human was like me, the achievements that I did with the halo was breathtaking to even speak of them. Ending a world war by myself, to even waging wars to the seven continents alone. 

 

   But my greatest achievement was the fact that I alone killed the Blood Soldiers: Prophets as they were called. Other humans with strengths and magical abilities like mine killed hundreds and if not thousands of innocent people, women and children alike. 

 

   They were considered kings if not gods because of their abilities but soon after revealed their true colors. 

 

   Nevertheless, I brought them to their knees alone with no help from others. They were fake kings while I was the true king, the Halo King. 

 

   So why is it that I can’t defeat or even scratch him? Was there a difference between our powers? Or was it knowledge? No, it can’t be it, me and him have the same knowledge. 

 

   Letting go of the mana connection I had, I ordered the Divine mana to my aid. Initiating the ritual of the halo, my hair didn’t change color, but instead my wings did. The white snow wings were covered in dark coal, slowly turning. 

 

   The dark haired boy who was hiding from me appeared and stood in front of me with pity eyes, those eyes reminded me of the past days on Earth. The generals along with the president looked at me with those eyes, even my own friends.

 

   It didn’t matter now, what is in the past is in the past. No amount of guilt will stop me from going forward with my plan, Onyx or even the prophet girl would understand my decision and would not judge me.

 

   “Sore Halo.” I muttered under my breath and unleashed a huge amount of mana, breaking both the walls and the floor around me. 

 

   Divine mana which was a white colored orb, scattered around my vision as I tried to find the brat. Forcing every bit there was of Divine mana with my Angel form to find a slight aura, the black haired boy could use mana but not Divine or even Dark mana. 

 

   ‘Found you.’ 

 

   A malevolent voice said in my head as I released more aura that was capable of destroying the whole academy building. I searched for the source but it was futile, no one—aside from the boy’s aura—was around me. Not even the students of the… 

 

   I cut that thought, confused from what I had just thought. Clearly there were voices along with apparitions of students here at the academy, yet why can’t I feel their presence?

 

   “It looks like you finally have caught up,” my eyes traced the source. Floating above the broken floor, the dark eyed boy held a white scythe over his shoulder. 

 

   My eyes slightly narrowed to him before asking, “What are you talking about?” 

 

   “As the buildings were rising from the ground, I suddenly was here. At first I thought you were the one who made this worldly illusion of the Legacy Academy but you didn’t have your original powers back. I was confused at first but now it all makes sense, you still haven’t accepted your other part and that is the reason why you keep on losing battles that you normally would win.

 

   “Secondly, you still don’t know who I am.” 

 

   My mouth instantly opened and said the name that appeared in my mind when I saw him, “Of course I know who you are. You are Co-”

 

   Immediately being cut off from my sentence he continued, like he was correcting a child in elementary.

 

   “No, I am Sammael, The Angel Of Death.” He admitted showing his eye’s true color but not his hair, still being the dark and straight black hair.

0