Chapter 56 -And Authority- Part II
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   This was a question I was but at the same time wasn’t going to answer, if their minds were to be concerned about something major to this continent, chaos would enter the room right now. 

 

   I took a moment, carefully thinking about my words in the following sentence that is to be delivered softly. 

 

   “What I’m about to say is very important yet concerning, in these past weeks there have been some battles that even Julie and I can’t win on our own. As we speak, she is fighting in Ezar against a formidable opponent, if that is not the case for you guys to understand that every one of our enemies have found you—this continent—free from the hierarchy that is in play, a full-on war would occur here. 

 

   “They would want to reign over this continent before starting with the others, but that is why we are here. To stop their aggression and intimidation through the dimensions that are left.” 

 

   Once again, silence. The words that came out my mouth were too heavy for them to understand or even consume in the matter of minutes. 

 

   Incompetent? I said to myself. No they are just human beings, inferior beings that don’t deserve to be involved in this crossfire of war. 

 

   Remembering that even I was like this, not long ago I had been told this and needed hours of not days to understand the situation that I was going into. It is not easy for them, much less the innocent people that don’t even know about the other races. 

 

   I wished I was like them, no importance about the other people but just to have a normal life. One that I could go to the academy, a magic one, and make friends who never experienced war or battles to the death. A life where Julie, Alter and I can enjoy without being afraid of the aftermath or the path. 

 

   That is my wish, or it was. Having dreams and sometimes even daydreams about it, entering class at a late time, having lunch with my friends, going home to a family…

 

   Will my dreams become reality or will my nightmares come true? Having that sudden feeling, I gripped my hands to the point where I began to feel a little sting. Sensing my emotions, the dragon generals concerned waved towards me. 

 

   ‘Lady Luna, is something wrong?’ Someissoa commented already knowing what I was thinking but decided to not look into any further until I had given myself permission. Nodding slightly, startling the rest who were cautious of me and watched me. 

 

   Thirty minutes or so have passed since they have talked about the benefits of this alliance, loud mumblings and some loud voices occasionally came between the rulers of this continent. Eventually there were even sides to this conflict, in one side, there were the agreeing parties and in the other side were the opposition parties. 

 

   In the agreeing party was: King and Queen Bamfords along with the King and Queen Laswells. 

 

   In the opposing party were: King and Queen Stoneharts and King with Queen Oskar. 

 

   Truly a magnificent scene to see from a nine side party. However, as envoys, anything can happen to us since we can’t harm each other. Whether this dimension or the other, everything is possible. 

 

   At that moment things got quiet, neither side had nothing else to say except for us. 

 

   Supporting myself with the armrest that the chairs provided, I lifted myself up and ordered the two dragons to back up. “Well it seems that things are already going well, yes?” I said standing straight, “Your answers?” 

 

   Once more, everyone’s eyes went in my direction. All monarchs stood up as well with worried expressions about the future as well as the present. 

 

   King Laswell and King Oskar, the two people who were on opposite sides, were now in agreement. Both bowed their heads as they spoke, “please, let's form this alliance between dimensions.” Simultaneously they said and like in a queue, the other rulers did the same in bowing down—even the princess did as well. 

 

   Nodding slightly but assured them about the answer, I extended my arm and waited for the representative of the alliance, one from the Afreon continent. 

 

***

 

   Now that I have been informed about the situation in the region, I had decided to round up those people who decided to form a rescue party. At first I had thought he was an idiotic idea in the first place, sending people who have no mana core much less experience in real battles—aside from Grace. 

 

   The leader of the group—Dale Bamford, previously the king of the elven people—had made this to bring us back from the unknown dimension we were in, saying that we were taken against our will. Wrong, I thought in my mind when I heard him say it, from the princess should I say. 

 

   Around fifteen people were in the rescue party, three of which I only know, the rest are a bit more unusual. But it seems some sort of strange phenomenon that fifteen people would save an unknown general who didn’t even get a debut. 

 

   Walking around where the academy used to reside, only rubble and debris are the only thing left here. In some other file, there was a part that said that the parents who lost their child wanted this place to be a graveyard for them. Nevertheless, they still have mixed emotions on the matter and nothing serious happened. 

 

   I never knew this place and what people were here or who became future members of this society evolved into. 

 

   My lips formed into a little smile, it wasn’t a forced smile but something like a memory that was distant and happy. My talks with Alter weren’t long but they were important ones filled with a lot of emotions. I was jealous of those memories that he had. 

 

   As three people, memories were never really a thing for us. Instead, the only memories we had of was of the emotionless Alter that roamed the battlefields with a thirsting of blood for the enemy—the basilisks—his dead eyes didn’t resemble that of a child of seven years old but a man who had been always at war against his enemies and those close to him.

 

   It was terrifying to see him kill basilisks mercilessly when they were in front of him. One against one or one against a battalion, he would always kill every single one of them. Leaving behind a bloody trail that would bring the monarchs to resign their positions. 

 

   After that, he suddenly left for six years without any traces or evidence of where he had gone. Then the dungeon became full of strong mana beast, leading to me investigating the mysterious creatures and doings. Alter then appeared with a different demeanor than usual, his cold voice and his dark eyes were a distant memory of what he had been now. 

 

   I was somewhat relieved to see a new side of Alter, one where he could smile and have fun in a peaceful way. 

 

   “So you are only one back?” Said the dissatisfied voice of a girl. 

 

   This voice… I see. 

 

   My eyes slowly dragged across from my right to left, ending up where the source came from—behind me. 

 

   She also was looking at the disaster scene that was left of the academy. So much for ‘the most promising school’ had now been incinerated to the ground, I thought. 

 

   A moment of silence went on for a moment longer before she asked another question that I couldn’t quite grasp. “You seem different. Did he do something again or is he still fighting some sort of battle for his life?” She said with a laugh at the end. 

 

   Another, another person who I can’t look into their eyes because of the truth we decided to hide. A truth that could bring people’s hope into despair in a matter of seconds, the balance of the power will tilt into the opposite side—more like it already has been on the opposite side. Losing a General-rank, and too promising Marshal-ranks along with Alter, is just too unfair. Our powerful warriors don’t even amount to that, four generals along with Julie and I—lieutenant rank—don’t have any experience in mana, much less mana cores.

 

   Humans like us weren’t even supposed to be capable of creating a mana core when our influence is minimal to zero. However, this girl was capable of doing just that which is impossible to us ‘inferior race’ into a small influence, a mana ring. 

 

   Without facing her I said, “I–Julie and I have acquired something that shouldn’t be possible for us…” I trailed off as my eyes didn’t focus on the crips of buildings but in a distance where people were in groups, holding an anniversary for their loved ones. 

 

   Feeling her stare, I still didn’t face her. Before I could even open my mouth again to finish my sentence, she jumped and finished it herself. “A mana core,” she stated with a hint of knowing the answer but was skeptical at first. Her paled hand held her chin as her mind went off in thoughts, heavy thoughts that betrayed her and showed through her face. 

 

   Then the multi-colored eye girl spoke again, not in a loud voice but to herself, assuring herself of what was going to happen now, like Hannah. “If her parts were to handle this, then it means the plan has already been in motion…his epoch is approaching…” 

 

   Confused by her words, curiosity reigned over me. “What do you mean by his ‘epoch’?” 

 

   Layla stared at me for a second, like I wasn’t supposed to hear that at all. Her expression was grim but had a lot more behind it.  She was hiding something from me, from everyone in this continent, if not the whole universe. 

 

   “Layla, I’m starting to draw a conclusion where things are not going right!” I told her, letting my mind get the best of me. My hand instinctively moved to grab the girl but it was futile, with inches being away from her shoulder, a strong sense of overwhelming force flowed from her body. Preventing me from touching her in any way. Her multi-colored eyes glowed with warning that jolted me. “Listen brat, forget about what you heard. If not, you will regret it and see him as an ally instead of an enemy.” 

 

   Then, using that same energy to warn me, she used a teleportation spell. Next thing I knew, she was long gone to god who knows where. 

 

   I began to wonder about what she had just said a couple of minutes earlier. No matter how I looked at it, if from the same angle or from a different perspective, it wasn’t edible to me. This sudden drop of information was not something I could easily forget or rely on, but it was Layla saying this. Her words are never something to let go but at the same time something that should not be taken seriously. 

 

   Lady Sytairirth should know about this, maybe if it's her she might know what this insolent kid had just said. Yet, I was hesitant to draw out the communication orb that I was given. Some part of me told me hurriedly to entrust her with this information but another part of me–my heart–said otherwise. That if I actually told her this and was the opposite of salvation, if it was only a sentence of despair. 

 

   Many questions rose in my mind at once, only some I was able to fully understand and grasp. Was Layla like Hannah in some omnipotent way? I cursed at myself for not being able to understand anything. Whether it was the situation right now or the future of this dimension. 

 

   “Espion—Lady Luna?” Said a voice with shyness in it. Unaware of what to expect I turned to it with curiosity. My eyes had caught a feature that was different to mine in one way, the pointy ears on each side of her head and aura. Behind her were the handful of people who volunteered for this suicide of expedition. 

 

   Momentarily, as I searched for everyone's power level, two out of three had enough power to rival a Vassal. However, they were different from Charlotte. No mana rings. No mana cores. But somehow in some way they could manipulate mana like any other being here. 

 

   The woman had black hair and eyes, while the man was a bit more fit and muscular than your average warrior adventurer with his brown eyes and hair. Within them, a fierce aura similar to Alters’ resembled each other. In my lifetime I have never seen a similar aura like Alter’s. I had always thought that he was some sort of being who’s aura and power level can’t be matched, that’s what I had thought until now. 

 

   Just who are they both? I asked in my head with many branches–many dots like in a table with lines trying to connect each other but the lines had no knowledge about where to go. 

 

   If only I had known in prior time of their existence would Alter survive or even felt like he was not the only one with this type of overwhelming power. 

 

   

DIMGAZE

 

   Upon sitting in a throne made out of lifeless bodies of the Giant race, a particular subordinate approached the throne. Her white snow colored hairs had red spots–blood taint of the giants she herself had killed—that itself resembled her crimson eyes. The pale skin that she had white her horns that came out her forehead and curved back and up dark as coal. Somewhat similar to his ring phase or aether phase as he calls it but in reality it is just a poor imitation of the basilisk princess, heir to the basilisk race. 

 

   “Lord Dimgaze, I have carried out your orders to annihilate those who don’t accept your salvation.” The basilisk announced with a knee down and a hand over her heart, such manners as a princess should know, I thought to myself. 

 

   With such determination in her eyes was what left me speechless for some moments, ever since she was revived. Now, balance in the hierarchy of power has been tilted. The gods must now take action in restoring that perfect balance as they put it but all they do is destroy the possibility of there being another chance for destruction. 

 

   However, my plan still remains the same. It won't change, the route won’t derail. I felt a sensation within me, reminding me of when he was in power but still had difficulties in using it for his people, that is until he was corrupted by revenge and thirst for the blood of his enemies. Though he had become a lawless fiend with magical powers, deep down he was the hero for everyone there, standing to those soldiers who came from this world into that world in order to continue the ordeal. 

 

   “Failure does not exist until I stop trying.” 

 

   Those being his words, the last words they heard before being killed off by the sudden power up he had which ended in a disappointment for him after his revenge was completed. 

 

   Taking in particular the words of a fallen, my plan came to a shine and I began to execute them now. My journey around each dimension over the past couple decades brought it to light with my subordinates whose loyalty will always be first for them. 

 

   With that in mind, I carefully spectated the princess who has been exponentially dead for years, still having a small amount of her power beat and killed these giants who proclaimed being Marshal-rank. Pathetic, I thought, still having to partake in this battle. 

 

   Notwithstanding the giant race saying that, the princess is somewhat different from what I remember or at least heard about. Her memories seem to be in a war against herself and she doesn’t remember anything about the war against all races. Yet she reminisces about someone who she calls ‘husband’ but not his face or attributes of his race or at least…

 

   Pushing myself from the corpses, I asked her a simple question. “Isabella, how much do you remember from your lover–or husband–as you put it?” 

 

   She stayed quiet for a few seconds before answering my ‘simple’ question, with her face twitching to squeeze even if it was a little of resilience towards this lover she had some time ago. “I don’t…remember. All that plays in my dreams is some boy who has a white military uniform with a,” stopping her sentence midway as her memories and words told me what I wanted to know. The white haired girl didn’t actually remember anything during or after the war, she was just like a child with amnesia. 

 

   At that moment, I felt a smile pop in my face slowly. It was too good to be true, Isabella’s memory problem and now the death of Alter Violet. It was slowly but surely, fate and luck was on my side. Even so that was the problem, like I had said, it was too good to be true. Surely there was something that would come and bite me back with more power. The so-called Karma.

 

   Snapping out of my suspicions, the princess spoke again. “He had a crest, a dragon and a…” 

 

   A crest of a Dragon? You have to be kidding me, right?

 

   “...a light above the dragon…” 

 

   I know what crest that is, more specifically what dimension it’s from. 

 

   Forthwith, a subordinate came hurriedly to my side. Though he was flying here, in his hands–from far away–I was able to tell he had the body of a winged being. The closer he got the more detailed the wing body became, “what is an Angel doing here?” I said in a low voice so that the princess couldn’t hear me. 

 

   “Lord Dimgaze, I have some news for you. Something you might find interesting.” stated the Elemental man, dropping the injured Angel in front of me, like a predator offering his predator his own catched food. “You better speak now if you wish to live as an Angel.” 

 

   In his hands laid a shortsword or a dagger type of weapon, gently but unkind to her white graced wings. A small but potent stream of blood came from the wound that the Elemental inflicted to the Angel in their battle before her capture, that I can see. Soon after, the Angel began to talk in a terrified manner, like something big was chasing after her. 

 

   The blue eyes that Angels had was a terrifying yet interesting way to know the difference between a fallen and an Angel. The dirtied and worn white armor that was on her looked like it was from a previous battle, interesting. “So what do you have to tell me that is so important that you interrupted my talk with the sweet princess?” I question the Elemental subordinate who had been with me since the battle of the Demon god with the two fate disruptors. 

 

   Without a word, the blade which was held against the white wing was fastly drawn down as it was recolored in the Angel’s blood. The angelic warrior began to hurdle in her own pain and cries for her drenched red wing. I took a step forward to the Angel woman, and with it a healing spell ignited, healing the bloody wound she had, then I spoke in a gentle tone. “Now if you are so kind as to answer my previous question. What do you have to tell me?” 

 

   Her stutters with a hint of pain, she sounded like a child who had been hit and was trying to calm down. “T-there has been a new Angel titleholder. H-his power is horrifying! He fought Saint Michael and won! He’s a monster!” 

 

   My brows went forward. If this is true, then this means something went wrong. A miscalculation? But a new titleholder and it’s an Angel. Much more he defeated Saint Michael, the pride of Star-ranked Angels. So this was the catch. Too good to be true. 

 

   Before I could finish my thoughts, the Angel continued. “T-that damn Sammael! H-his aura is that of a Demon! He’s a demon inside of an Angel’s skin!” 

 

   My hand moved and grasped the Angel’s throat, picking her up as she struggled to be freed. Widening her blue eyes, her wheat-colored hairs moved as she tried to unbind herself from me. With the futile effort of freeing herself, she ignited her mana in hopes of doing with mana. 

 

   “You said Sammael, Yes?” 

 

   She nodded. 

 

   “I see, that’s how big the miscalculation was. A play of the gods perhaps?” I said, relieving the Angel from my palm as she fell to the ground, knees first and then face. I had deprived her from her strength and now she was a useless Angel just like the rest of them. 

 

   “How long was this?” Questioning whether this was true or not, but even so I had to make sure of this effort that had gone to waste if it was true. “M-Mirna.” 

 

   I shoot her a questioned and confused look. “My name is Mirna, soon to be General for the Angelic council.” The blue eyed Angel said with proudness over it like she wasn’t scared at first. 

 

   “Angels are always Angels, even after being scared by their own kin, their pride is still higher than their lifespan.” I said to myself, lowering my body and resting my arms on my knees. “So, do you plan on answering my question or do you want to be an Angel without wings?” 

 

   Then her eyes changed emotions, but not entirely since there was still a hint of fear for Sammael but hatred towards me. “You are a sick bastard, do they tell you that?” 

 

   I let out a smile, raising a hand that signaled Cage–the Elemental–to cut off her other wing. Mirna once again let out that annoying sound of agony as her wing was being chopped off entirely from the root of her body. However this time I didn’t use my healing magic but instead let the blood spill out of her like a stabbed water container. “Well, how about now?” 

 

   “Go to hell,” she said, spitting on my face without hesitation. 

 

   Anger boiled inside me but I had to contain it. I sighed as I got up from my place and washed out the dirty saliva of the Angel, “You had so many chances to live but it is now all gone.” 

 

   “Are you threatening m–” 

 

   Before she could finish, her head fell off her body. The gushing blood rapidly flew out the Angel’s body as I cleaned my indigo sword with the Angel’s own clothes. “Isabella, I know who killed your lover, Onyx Millguard is the name of your lover, and the killer is Sammael or in his other name, Alter Violet.” 

   

 

   (End Of Volume 2 -Clairvoyance-)

0