Volume 1, Chapter 9
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Man, I love this girl!

 

Conner

 

Andrea stopped and let go of Connor, but Cameron disappeared, showing nothing there now!

What…

Connor took Andrea’s hand without asking and walked them both closer to Cameron. Andrea tried to get out of the grasp, but he didn't let her go. Connor was pleased that he already caught on to whatever it was that let him see Cameron before she did. "Andrea, I can only see him when you are touching me."

She stopped and let him lead her.

"Cameron, do you remember me?" Connor knew it might be a silly question but Amillia not knowing Andrea had set it off.

Cameron looked at Connor and then looked at Andrea, he looked back to Connor, and said, "I am sorry Connor, you only look like me, but I do not have any memories, I believe we lose those memories when we perish, I am not sure as to the reason why."

Andrea cut in, "Don't you just love how he talks."

Connor smiled, Cameron had talked quite oldish when he was alive too, he was big on being polite and respect was something he always acted upon. But now, at this instant, he just wanted to know if Cameron could remember him. "No memories then bro?"

Cameron looked away, trying to recall and shook his head, "My apologies, Connor, I do not remember anything at all."

Connor shrugged and fell silent, he wasn't sure of what to make of today but it was starting to become too much. His head was starting to ache…

 

"Amillia!" He heard Andrea say, with quite a lot of enthusiasm, which didn't mind him, he wanted to talk to Amillia again anyway.

Turning, he saw her, that glow again, but this time the glow was disappearing, leaving Amillia to stay.

Andrea took his light away though, by talking first, but Connor let her only because they were sisters, otherwise he'd push her away and take it all.

"Amie, oh, wow I've missed you. I saw you, I saw you in turmoil, and you know what? I have been good, I have been doing things, and going back to our other places."

To Connor, Andrea seemed as though she was trying to prove herself to her sister. Confusion set over him about the ‘turmoil’ and ‘transper’ and made note to ask Andrea about it later. But right now, he took the advantage of seeing this angel in front of him…

It was so weird…That he could see her and not feel so frustrated like he did with Andrea…They looked alike, yet, he felt so different to both of them…

Seriously, he thought, this couldn’t be love at first sight could it!?

 

He stayed silent, waiting and watching for Amillia's response. "I do not remember you. Again, you have come to my room. Why are you here?"

Connor wanted to jump in and take over, but again, Andrea started talking, "Don't I look familiar? Do you not see that you are seeing the planet Earth? Your sister?"

Amillia looked at Conner, "If you are my sister then why can I see this man? Who is he?"

Connor looked at Andrea and he saw that she turned to look at him, trying to come up with a reason to answer Amillia. After all, it was a good question!

Connor stepped in happily to take the chance to talk to the beauty, "I believe, Amillia, that we seem to be all connected here, Andrea can see my brother Cameron, and with Andrea holding my hand I can see him too, and Andrea has to hold my hand so that she may see you, as I do now."

Amillia seemed stunned, Connor wanted to make things right, "Taking in a lot of information will do that for you...I was thinking Amillia. Can I get your number, I've lost mine." Ha, got it in! He was able to finally try a pickup line!

Granted though, it wasn’t a very good one. She probably didn’t even have a number!

Andrea slapped him with her other hand, and said, "Amillia, his house would totally overwhelm you, it would take a lot to clean." Andrea stifled a laugh.

 

Connor let go of her hand and moved towards Amillia, "I'm sorry, your sister can be rather persistent, I meet her yesterday and the crazy girl has turned my life upside down."

Andrea took his hand, walking more closely to her sister then he was, so he moved up to be just as close.

Amillia looked from one to the other, "Am I to bring you from turmoil just to get you out of my room?"

Andrea went closer again, bringing Connor along with her, saying, "My dearest, we are not in turmoil. I am sure more than ever that both of us are fine…I just wish that you’d could remember me."

Connor could see that Andrea was losing heart, he saw her put her other hand up to touch Amillia's face and wished that she would be able feel it and make her sister whole again.

 

But it didn't work, Amillia was a see through being that didn't make sense to Connor, and Andrea knew it, bringing her hand back down to her side.

"Andrea, she will not remember, as I don't remember, please don't persist as she may go back into turmoil."

Cameron's voice broke through the trance, he had followed Andrea, and Andrea looked up at him and nodded. Connor couldn't help but feel closeness between them. A connection that Cameron never seemed to have with the opposite sex. He wondered if they really had only met recently...

Seriously, how weird would it be to get close to a ghost?

 

Silence filled the area, and Connor looked around, not seeing anyone, and he wondered how Andrea had dealt with this, and how often, as she must have been very lucky to not to get caught.

Cameron broke the silence, "When will I see you again? You have been absent for a while Andrea."

Connor felt Andrea take her hand from his and turn around, Connor kept an ear out, whether it was to protect her or to hear how things actually go with a ghost, he didn't know, but he was aware of Andrea's side of the conversation.

"I went to all our spots, not only to say goodbye, but to renew them, to make them more of a sanctuary again." She paused and then continued, "Yes…And no, it has been a big turn for me. But I'm not going backwards, that's the main thing, and you have a point, I hope I wasn't pushing her too hard."

Connor wondered what it was that they were talking about, what places his fancy girl was fascinated by when she was alive and…Human.

 

Connor finally turned to Amillia, who was sitting there again, staring at nothing in particular.

He went to her and said, "I wish I could have seen your drawings."

Amillia looked at him, surprising him, she smiled, "Drawings are interesting, aren't they?"

Connor was just glad that he had a conversation with her, "Yes, your sister told me that you would draw and she would do patterns, and then you would watch people, is that what you are doing now, when you aren't watching me?"

Amillia turned away from him again and watched in a distance, "I see so many things, I can open different categories, read different things and it's so pretty." Amillia looked back at him and smiled, it was making his heart swim.

 

Connor smiled back and asked, "What is it that you find pretty?"

Amillia looked again, "It's like it wants your attention, as though there's something there that wants you to stare right at it, the only thing that seems to distract you is a calling."

"Oh, I'll be your calling anytime, sweet stuff!"

Amillia looked at Connor, he was worried he may have pushed her too far, he had so many lines he could have used by now, but he decided to take it slow.

Amillia finally said, "You do need a calling Connor, you seem quite taken by solitude. I hope you will find a solution to your problem soon."

Connor stared back at her, wondering if she saw everything, how he was homeless, an alcoholic and someone that went more towards being a bad boy with each passing day.

 

"You need to calm down, take things slower. And Connor, your father…Stand up to him, he is like that for a reason." Amillia's voice bore through him like a knife. He felt like crying, not that he was going to, but it didn't mean that he didn't feel that way.

"Amillia, if I was to leave and come back, would you remember me? Would you talk to me?" He asked.

Amillia smiled again, "You seem quite genuine in wanting my response Connor, but you do need to self-improve as well, you do understand?"

Connor made a mental note to himself to remind him of such and he responded, "Can we meet halfway then, if I say I'll self-improve, would you self-improve? Maybe you could try to remember who you are so that I can get to know you better."

Amillia's face, to Connor, shut down, and she said, "I do not think that is possible."

Connor wanted to prove to her, in some unbelievable way, that maybe it was possible, but he would leave it for now and at least please her, "I'll do my part, no questions asked."

 

Connor actually believed his words. The fact that someone was on his side, made things feel lighter than normal. The heavy burden of his dead twin brother seemed to have completely vanished...And this beautiful woman, who had seemed to have taken his 'I don't believe in love' heart, made her special to him.

It was so strange, how could someone change so damned quickly!?

Yet, here he was, happy to make a promise to someone he'd only just met, someone who has already become more important to him than his very own father!

There was some type of fucked up destiny situation going on here…

There was no reasonable explanation at all!

Women never stood out to Connor, like Amillia does, they never made him feel like he needed to work hard to get their attention. Why? Why didn't Andrea make him feel this way? They look nearly exactly the same!

But his empty heart had only seemed to fill up and be moved when he had first casted his eyes upon Amillia...

So full, that it was nearly overflowing! Is this...Love at first sight?

Did it truly exist?

…Had he been waiting for her his entire life?

 

Connor sought her face and smiled, he wanted to imprint it into his memory…Not that it mattered too much, he'll just get a hold of Andrea if he forgot it.

Amillia's laughter caught him off guard, not only because it sounded nice and pleasant, "That could work as well."

Connor looked at her confused, "What could work?"

"Who you called my sister," She said.

Connor sat straight, there was another matter at hand here, as it looks like Amillia could read his mind.

"It's not hard Connor, you forget your mind and fence your heart."

She saw right through him!

Connor wanted to justify this idea though, so he turned around to find Andrea, and said, "Why didn't you tell me that they could hear your thoughts Andrea?"

1