Volume 1, Chapter 10
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Message without an answer

 

Cameron

 

Cameron disliked seeing Andrea go, he felt more spiritual and complete when she was around. A certain part, deep down inside of him, knew that she was the one…The one that he would have to share with the person he was residing in…Yet, she was also the one person that he might have the chance to experience something different in his long existence.

He had told her already, that his existence only had meaning when he was with her and it was mostly because of this part of himself that felt was lying dormant inside of him. A few times now, a huge amount of relief and patience had overcome him, but he was unable to reason to why he felt that way…But that only happened with Andrea…

He could not believe she even discovered his ‘brother’, in what he had felt like her world to be large, she had found him!

He felt unhappy that he could not remember Connor, but the fact that she found him was amazing. He believed her too, when she had said that their similarities in physical features were very much alike, especially now that he had seen him with his own eyes.

 

Cameron told Andrea, "I will talk with the Azulious, ask about what is transpiring, and I will find a way to get to you."

Andrea went to touch him again, since that first time that she cried she has tried to touch him a lot, "Cameron, I will come and see you again soon. I think Connor and I will stay relatively close, we share a bond to the…Whatever this is, but we have to go, I will be at work again soon, as my week off is finished. I’ll come and see you in two days. Ok?"

Cameron nodded, he did not want to put pressure onto Andrea, she has dealt with much, and that is what she wanted right now, for him to understand.

He liked hearing her thoughts, it was a pleasure that he would have rather had kept as a secret, but his ‘brother’ had made it known, so now he must respect that she knows of such. "Please take care and I will see you upon your return."

Andrea's smile was worth more than two days and he let her go and watched, as she disappeared past some kind of barrier, that he could not see.

He did not want to think about the two-day difference between worlds.

…He was not about to remind Andrea that time flowed differently and for him personally, the two short Earth days will be less. With that knowledge, he knew he should not complain…Even though he felt like he wanted too…

 

***

 

Since meeting Andrea, he had not expected to feel so many unknown emotions. He had felt like he was sleeping, the time previous to meeting her, and she had awoken him. As much as Cameron tried, he could not remember anything before becoming a spirit, it was a wall that he could not surpass and what was known, seemed to be very little and Cameron started to ask questions.

When Andrea and he had their compare conversations, from Earth to his world, he listened with great enthusiasm and wrote it all down when Andrea disappeared beyond the barrier.

He knew that he was not abiding by the strict rules that the Azulious had laid out for the spirits, but the temptation to finding her seemed to help throw normal cautiousness out and into the wind. If, indeed, she was on another planet and they were humans, it would add up to be an astronomical amount of information that they do not have.

Nonetheless, for information or not, he was determined to find her!

It was, undoubtedly, his most important objective now!

Finding Andrea had even become more important then the ‘calling’s’ that he was supposed to be doing!

 

He was going to employ a way to get to Andrea but that was also the substantial problem about this predicament...Getting to her!

It had been burdensome to not be able to do what his instincts had wanted, while she had cried, as he had really wanted to hold her instead, but like her hand floating through him, his hand too had floated through her correspondingly…

It may not be useful to endlessly worry about circumstances beyond his control, but…Maybe he can adjust it! The obligation to not let this subject pass over him, grew with every day.

 

Cameron made a book appear in front of him, skimming through it, he was looking for the word ‘calling’.

Searching on how 'calling' worked was taking its toll, he did not understand how spirits have been accomplishing it for so long and have no truth upon how it is accomplished to begin with!

Cameron saw, for the second time, that 'calling' occurs through connection, like an instant teleport to the other part of the connection. Cameron shook his head, how does this help?

He needed to understand how to make the connection at the other end, how to teleport to her planet. Skimming again, he found the word ‘planet’. It is said there were many planets were spirits existed, and many were transpers existed…That they were all connected.

Nothing on ‘how’ they were connected...

 

There has to be more knowledge of it, Cameron thought, we have to be connected to the people on Andrea's planet because we obviously know that they sometimes do appear in among us spirits or transpers.

Amillia became a transper, I became a spirit, yet we both originated from Andrea's planet. What is the connection? He thought.

Then he remembered a connection through Connor and Andrea, when they touched, they could see what they originally could not.

Cameron decided to do another part of his job and that was to find Andrea's sister. Now he was more curious, wondering if there was a connection between them as well, just like there was between Andrea and Connor.

With the short time that he has had between visits from Andrea previously, Cameron only got as far as searching through half the people on his planet, in looking for Amillia prior to now. Finishing the rest of the population on the planet, he did find something out, and that was…She was not presently on his planet.

Which only meant that Amillia must have been put on another spirit planet...

 

***

 

Cameron was just about to look up books on planets again, when Andrea came back into his room. "Andrea, are you well?"

He watched her look at him and smile, she gave him the usual look of that she was being watched.

Cameron understood and watched her clean as they quietly talked. His eyes seem to fill up happily, now that she had appeared. Before, they lacked their handsome charm, but now they were lively.

It was not an uncomfortable silence as he stared at her, drinking her in, but he did feel her grow a bit self-conscious and he secretly smiled. At first, she had not held much feelings towards him at all, being mostly scared and emotional, then she had been curious…But as the days had passed and a bond between them had been created, he knew that she was slowly letting him into her heart.

To a point, even though they only had a small amount of time with each other over the coming days, he knew that it was needed for them to slowly get to know each other. If their time together had been hastened or shortened, there may not have been a chance between them at all…

What was our connection though? Why could he see her and only her? Why did it begin to happen now and not earlier?

Many questions entered his mind and he truly liked it...Compared to before meeting Andrea, his mind would not think, and he does not want to return that way!

 

The strange sensation of wanting to be closer to her went through him again...

"Have you seen Connor much since we had last spoken? How is he coping with the information?"

Andrea put her headphones on, and then answered Cameron, "Yeah we went back to his house, he got some clothes and had to go back to the library to get my car. He followed me to my house, he's staying over. He's all talked out, he was quiet there for a while, but I think he'll be ok."

She looked around again, got up and walked to some place Cameron couldn't see and started cleaning again. "He seems quite hooked over my sister! I ended up making a deal with him that I would tell him things about her, if he told me things about you."

Cameron stared back at her, he loved how much she wanted to obtain information about his old life, how curious she was…

 

Cameron smiled, and said," I would not mind knowing more about myself either, I hope that I was a satisfactory person. I wish we could have met while I was there and still human, to meet you in person."

Andrea stopped working, to look up at him, "Me too."

Cameron saw her suddenly shift and turn around, he heard her speak, "Sorry, Yes."

It was her boss, telling her ‘welcome back’, but she wasn't going fast enough, that if things don't change then ‘something will have to be done’.

Cameron felt dreadful, as Andrea didn't need such a thing stated to her because she does her work rather well! He has many times thought that she being able to talk to him and do her work at the same time, was indeed a special feat!

When Andrea turned around, Cameron spoke quickly, "Andrea, I can hear your thoughts, you don't need to talk."

She nodded, thinking she feels like an idiot.

Cameron said, "I am not definite upon what an ‘idiot’ is, but I am assured that I would not call you that."

She smiled, still cleaning, Cameron could hear her mind go crazy with feelings and things that Connor had said. A short life story sprawled out in Cameron’s mind, that did not seem familiar, yet his brother had told it as his own story.

 

Andrea's inner thoughts suddenly said that he had died from cancer, and at the same time that her sister had, and that something strange is going on.

Cameron sat back, still watching her, and said, "I concur Andrea. I have been pursuing several topics on the matter and nothing has been written down. I believe that this may be a first time this type of predicament has happened, and it may be because it is not supposed to happen. Our connections did indeed become entwined somewhat may…" Cameron broke off.

He heard Andrea ask him what was wrong.

 

"I have been trying to find out how ‘calling’ works. So that I can come to you. It seems to exist and have to do with connections, we use those connections to teleport from one end to another, but nothing tells me how to create a connection. Talking about this whole situation has just raised another question. What has made us four connected, I wonder if it would be the same answer as to ‘calling’…" Again, he broke off, wondering how they may be connected but not connected to no other people on Andrea's planet.

Andrea thought something about the past, then the fact that they were all twins and Cameron nodded, saying, "I will put that into consideration."

Andrea's thoughts changed, as she looked up at him, telling him he had changed her life, that she hasn't been this alive since her sister had gotten cancer.

Cameron got closer to her, how he wanted to touch her, and said, "I know. I see it and feel it Andrea, you have made my existence a lot more pleasant also."

1