Volume 1, Chapter 13
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An Unpleasant Secret

 

Cameron

 

Connor had been eager when they joined him in the car and a conversation began as he drove. Cameron asked about all the rubbish in his car and the conversation went to Connor's broken life before he met Andrea. Cameron was proud of his brother, from learning today that he had been a smoker and the same day finding out the he had already quit again, it was quite an effort.

But…Connor's life after his death, confused Cameron greatly!

Why had he willing gone onto the streets? He had a place to stay, he had the money to have gotten a meal, but Connor did not do it that way.

 

The shortness of the story made him more curious, but Connor seemed determined to make it out as ‘nothing’ and not worth going into detail about.

When a decision was made to go back to Andrea's place, Cameron was pleased, he wanted to see her house. See more patterns, as he had decided a long time ago that he had liked her patterns. Actually, another part of himself seemed very curious, or something, towards those patterns…

They talked about Connor's work, being at the library and how his father had only lately called to yell at him for giving a poem to his nephew. Cameron was able to read the poem, as they continued to Andrea's house, and when he was finished with it, he gave Connor back his notebook and said that it was well done and that it was a good gift to bestow.

 

They were at the road, leading to her driveway, when Andrea suddenly said, "Oh no."

Cameron looked out the window to see a small family standing at the front door, then seemed to have suddenly decided to go back to their car. Connor had already pulled over and went to turn to do a u turn, when Andrea spoke, "They see us Connor, just drive there…I'm sorry, I had no idea."

She had really been looking forward to talking to Cameron! As it is, they had only been talking about Connor all this time driving but…She really wanted to know more…

Now, with her family were here, she was yet again having to wait to speak with Cameron!

 

Connor seemed to understand, but could only console her, "It's family, they worry about you."

Cameron saw the closeness between Connor and Andrea, it made him happy to see that they had banded together through a tough circumstance where both of them seem to have come out for the best…Yet, a certain possessiveness that he had not known was there wanted to be the one that was the closest to Andrea…

As they got closer to Andrea’s house, they saw faces of interest and worry, when they came to the side of the road, leaving it easier for their visitors to get out of the driveway.

Andrea sighed, "Well, good luck to all." And then she got out of the car.

Connor and Cameron followed her lead and also got out.

 

"Hey, didn't expect you." Andrea was saying, walking over to them. Cameron watched as she kissed all of them and took the little child out of the female's hands. His heart gave out little flutters at the sight.

How adorable...

Andrea gave hugs and little coos over the little one before she turned to see Connor and Cameron. He could see that she was at a loss for words. "Ah…Mark, Lyn…This is…These are my friends uh…Connor and Cameron."

Cameron shook hands, as his brother did, but heard Andrea thinking that she had already stuffed things up, so he wanted to somehow assure her that everything was going to be ok.

She really did worry a lot…

 

He watched her hold the little one in her arms as she went to open the door, she was worried as all hell, but a quick look at him, she thought that she was glad that he was here. With that thought, Cameron smiled at her.

The other female looked back at him and caught his smile and he smiled wider at her, not sure on what other impression to use. He was happy at the moment and felt weird to smile so strongly but…How else was he to interact with Andrea’s sister…Wait, sister in law…

Everyone slowly made their way inside and Cameron heard the male say, "I need to talk to you."

Then, as the other female passed, she had said, "Want me to take her?"

A silent smile hit Cameron's face when Andrea's thoughts were 'no way!'

As Connor passed Andrea, he also said something, "You look like my future girlfriend."

Cameron was trying to hide his smile when he went past her, he had to be part of the gang, "Got to love him!"

Andrea's face went from worried to pleasant and Cameron hoped that he was the one that had made that so.

 

Cameron waited for Andrea, before they continued to the loundroom, putting a hand on her back and whispered into her ear, "Don't worry sweetheart, things will work out fine."

Cameron used a few modern-day words from his previous life, making his words seemed forced because he wasn't used to them.

He heard her thoughts, thoughts of not believing he's here still, that he called her sweetheart and of her not being sure how this will turn out fine.

Cameron tried again, stopping her from walking, grapping her hand, he was only going to tell her that it was fine again, but he ended up kissing her instead.

Following his instincts for so long as a spirit, it couldn't be helped! As a man now, he found the woman in front of him attractive and he knew he was obviously liking her very much so…The intimate action was something he couldn’t seem to hold back from…

 

Making sure that she was more at ease, before he put his hand through her hair, he started to lose himself. He felt a need that he hasn't felt for a long time and even then, it wasn't this strong previously!

It seemed so strong, as though what he ever felt before was nothing compared to this! The overwhelming feeling to be with this woman felt like it wasn’t even a part of himself! That’s how strange it was!

Even with the knowledge of liking her, and now with his previous memories, he knew that he should go on a date with her first or something but…The strong feeling wanted more!

 

Cameron forgot time, space and place, he went deeper into his desire with Andrea following…

He knew that she had forgotten the problems, he could see what she desired, his head was full of images that nearly drove him out of his mind!

…Not only did the little child stir but a voice interrupted them, bringing them back to the present.

"Ah, sorry to interrupt…Can I talk to my sister for a second?" Cameron moved back, shocked, even he had forgotten what was happening. He noticed both he and Andrea where breathless and after a second, he looked up at the male talking to him, and said, "...Yes, of course...Andrea I'll be in the loundroom."

He saw Andrea look at him, still passion in her eyes. He walked away, so that she would wake up, just like he had to!

He needed to make a good impression upon her family yet, he was being incredibly rude!

 

Faintly hearing Andrea's thoughts, it sounded like her brother was scolding her, like a father. Telling her that he had no idea what was going on and all of a sudden, she was bringing home two men and that one would have been better.

Cameron sighed, there were problems already, not only was Andrea's acting father talking to her about not paying visits, but Connor was starting to make an idiot of himself, making Cameron feel like he had to intervene.

"You'd have to excuse my brother, he has somewhat of a stone age kind of attitude."

The female looked at him and smiled, it was genuine, which made it easier to smile back and he decided he already liked her.

"It's ok, I quite often put my foot into my mouth too. Now we know something of each other" She said laughing.

 

Cameron was curious, "Sorry, I'm Cameron, in what relation are you to Andrea?"

Knowing already who she was, Cameron remembered that he had to act like he didn’t know.

"I'm Lyn, Andrea's sister in law," she leaned forward to shake his hand, "Nice to meet you."

Cameron wanted to know more, but he did not want to be impolite, not that it mattered because he heard the conversation between Andrea and her brother had come to a stop.

They were walking back towards them when Cameron felt a weird feeling that he knew was for something, he just couldn't put a finger on what it was.

 

Andrea was watching him, she had a worried look on her face, then it turned to an excited look, a smile. He heard her ask him in her head if he needed to go to the toilet.

Cameron laughed at the sudden thought.

As a spirit, there were no toilets!

No wonder it felt like such a strange thing to do!

Only humans had to experience something like this!

Finished laughing about such a nonsense thing in his head, Cameron said, "Oh…Oh, excuse me a moment."

He nodded at Andrea before he left the room.

 

After the second door of looking for the toilet, Cameron could hardly remember what to do, the bathroom looked unfamiliar and he wasn't even sure of what he should use. He took a small moment to realize that as a spirit they didn't have those kinds of organs, and they did not eat. It seemed so unreal now that he thought about it and wondered how he was able to stay a spirit when he was a spirit…Perhaps the spiritual essence was their life force? But with humans…It was oxygen, blood, organs…

Andrea's giggly voice sounded in his ears, telling him to use the small circle bowl with water in it and to unzip his pants. Cameron looked towards a corner, with some kind of an attachment, he saw that it had some water in it and did what he was told to do. 

While trying to figure it out, he wondered why he couldn't remember such an easy task...

He remembered what he did as a living, his mother, his father, especially his memories with Connor…But why couldn’t he remember what food tasted like, what toilets were for and that it was necessary to drink water?

He started towards the door, feeling accomplished, when Andrea thought, ‘flush the toilet at the back and wash your hands!’

 

Cameron mumbled, he was going to have to get a hold of this. He looked around for something that meant flush, like she had told him.

He applauded himself when he found it and laughed when he finally washed his hands in the bowl. Cameron was overwhelmed with even more memories when he remembered that he wasn't supposed to wash his hands there and his laughter made him cough. After he finished washing his hands, he put his hands over his mouth for a last cough to clear his throat. When he looked at it his hand, he saw blood…

Cameron had a flash of a memory and already felt like he knew what the blood meant.

He closed his eyes, feeling overwhelmed with emotions, he did not want this, he wanted to experience life, not finish it again. It seemed certain that it was not just him coming back as human...

But also that of his cancer, it had returned along with him...

1