Volume 1, Chapter 18
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why did I end up with Such an Idiot!?

 

Amillia

 

Cameron seemed responsible enough to drive and he seemed to understand the road signs enough to get us out of the hospital area, making Amillia aware that two years gone and dead, didn’t mean the world wouldn’t change!

It felt like the world did a huge change, yet she also felt like no time at all had passed.

It was…Just plain weird to her!

Cameron didn't speak till he was sure that he knew where he was going and when he did, he said, "I think I've figured out a few things Amillia, we cannot bring Andrea and Connor to our planet. I have a feeling that they just don't belong there, they would stand out and be known. I checked it up when our watchers went to update, we have oxygen, just not that much. I thought that was the reason why Connor had troubles at first, but it would take longer for Connor to have fainted the way he did. I think It's because he was human. He was alive, he had a heartbeat. Do you notice that when we are there, we don't have a heart, we don't have sexual organs, we don't even understand getting angry…Did you notice that? We are not alive Amillia, Connor was, it’s like he was on a death planet."

 

Cameron paused, probably because he had to turn somewhere, and Amillia could see the turn he was looking for in his head. Once they finally turned the corner, he continued, "And think about it, we come here, we are doomed, we get cancer and have three months to live. We cannot survive if we are together, it is a connection that we are not able to make. We cannot go back, we knew that when we teleported out, but I don't want things to end in three months. I just don't know how I'm going to make that happen…"

Amillia sat there, wondering if there was something along the line of her memories or her spiritual existence for anything that would help the situation…But couldn’t find anything…At least not right now…

Amillia started to feel useless though, and she really questioned how she had become someone of use in the spiritual realm. Having that unique gift there, made her feel less powerful here.

Clenching her hands and nodding her head, Amillia was determined!

She will find something!

 

Another voice suddenly came into Amillia's head, changing her line of thoughts, ‘Life, mife, crife, bife, sife, ah stuff it…Back, sack, oh yeah! Mack, pack. That’ll do. For the love of my life, there's no turning back. A shame you don't come in, all in one pack. Ok…Now I'm just losing my manly status…Besides, does that make any sense, she is one pack dammit, one pack of two lovely tits and eyes…Perhaps I should say eyes first uh, she has one pack of two lovely eyes…And boobies…’

"You hear him don't you." Cameron asked, he was smiling at her as he had caught her laugh all of a sudden.

"Yes," She giggled at Connor's next thought, ‘Pleeeeeeease come and see me again, if you don’t, I'll go insaaaaaaaaaane!’

 

Amillia couldn't wait any longer, she felt his connection and teleported, scaring him to fall over.

Amillia’s eyes sparkled as she held out her hand to help him up and Connor looked at it and wondered if it were possible. Her nod was all he needed, telling her that she didn't have to ask him twice!

He took her hand gently, stopping a moment, just happy to have a real hand of hers in his, and then finally got up.

Once he was up, he pulled her close, put his hands in her hair and kissed her. Amillia was not sure if she had expected that or not but she didn't pull back and realized that it was what she wanted too. She tried to show how sorry she was and how much she appreciated that he had still talked to her when she was being watched.

 

What was weird though, was that she didn’t understand why he was so devoted to her after so little time.

She wasn’t even who she was when she had been a spirit yet…

Remembering that he was already assuming that she was the ‘type’ to poke out her tongue at him, she was somewhat wondering if he might have already known that she was different or something!

Her thoughts slowly slurred into the nothingness as she kissed the man back. It wasn’t her first kiss, so she even tried to win and dominate, but Connor didn’t have a bar of that and continued to advance in rank through her body’s defenses…

"Oh wow, Connor, didn't think a sleaze like you would get that far with a woman."

Connor pulled back, silently apologising, and turned to whom had just spoken, and said, "If only you knew me Sarah, now all you're going to be is jealous! I've got my girl now, but you’re still lookin’ for a date!"

 

Amillia was still a gust with the kiss that she just had and didn't realize that he had got her hand and started walking somewhere. Connor just about bumped into Cameron on their way out, which stopped them walking.

Amillia just smiled up at him and watched Connor slap Cameron on the shoulder, and said, "Hey bro, sup, where's Andrea? Wait, hang on, not a great place to talk, follow me." Amillia felt his hand tighten slightly over hers as she followed him, she tightened hers back, in his reply to his poem that he had made for her. Amillia couldn't understand how his mind was always thriving, how he was always trying to impress her…Even if his poems didn’t make much sense…

After Connor ‘signed off’, even though it wasn’t his time to sign off just yet, he got everything he’d need out of his locker and then continued to lead them elsewhere…

 

They were outside again now and walking towards the water, giving Amillia slight memories to some days with Andrea. Connor was looking at her, he said, "I know, Andrea told me."

Amillia liked how he at least tried to read her mind, at least that one he got right!

He interrupted her before she could reply, "And right now you're thinking about me reading your mind?"

Amillia laughed, he was relentless…And again right!

 

They had walked down to some kind of street with some people and a van. Connor was leading the way and Amillia saw a few people wave to them and start walking over.

Before they were in ear shot, Connor spoke, "Cameron I want you to see this."

Amillia turned to Cameron and caught onto his feelings, he did realize that he had missed some time of his brother's life and he wondered what that was.

Curiosity filled them both as they finished the last stride to Connor's friends, who said, "Hey mate, who’s this? She's hot!"

 

Connor lifted their hands to their guest, and said, "Yeah, meet my girl, Amillia. Amillia this is Pete and Shane."

Amillia went to shake their hands but Connor didn't let her go, so she just nodded and said, "Hi."

Connor swung their hands over to his brother, and said, "This is my brother Cameron."

His friends nearly fell over, seeing a double of Connor, "Wow man, you never said that you had a twin, holy crap, that's wicked! Hey, you here for dinner or what?"

Connor looked at Cameron, "Here for dinner?"

Cameron turned to Connor, Amillia could tell he wanted to talk but he gave in, feeling like he should learn something new from his brother, "Sure why not."

 

Dinner was cheap, meaning free, and exhilarating, Amillia thought as she felt like she was tasting food for the first time. Connor had laughed at her a few times so Amillia decided that she was finished!

Connor pictured her eating and she poked her tongue out at him, then he pictured her tongue in his mouth…

Shaking her head, blushing, Amillia was going to have to learn to give as well as she took with this boy!

Connor stood up, Cameron also, Amillia was certain Cameron could not wait any longer to talk and be done, so that he can go and see Andrea.

Over the last half an hour Connor had revised some of his past on the streets, Amillia heard and saw it to be quite a difficult time but with his brightened attitude she was sure he made it sound better than actually going through it.

 

He spoke of getting ‘moved on’, and how he would ‘borrow’ power from elsewhere to charge up his phone. Connor also stated that he’d slept on the ground and got bitten all the time by insects and how when it rained, that they were the worst of times…

Amillia didn’t know if Connor knowing upon where to go to get some ‘free grub’ was saddening or something that made her pity him. Then, on that one particular day that there wasn’t any ‘free grub’ that he knew of, he either went hungry, paid to go somewhere or went to some church place.

Connor wasn’t much for religion, he stated that he figured out a long time ago that if there were a god, then life wouldn’t hold so much suffering…And Amillia was just as Apathetic.

It was her brother…

 

Thinking of her own brother, Amillia had a moment of shock…She had not thought of him once and now…Now that she had, she really wanted to see him!

Would it be possible?

Ohmigod…My niece! My cute, lovable niece! I want to see her!

Looking at Cameron, only to find him becoming more and more impatient, Amillia sighed…

She guessed that she would have to wait to see her brother and niece, and her sister in law…

They had time…Not much of it though, because if she was anything like Cameron and only had three months here…But it still should be enough time to go and see her family at least once though!

 

They started walking away, waiting for Connor to say goodbye to his friends, and as soon as they were together Cameron said, "How long has passed? I figured it was at least two weeks, maybe three, at the most six"

Connor looked at him, Amillia could see that he had news, when he looked at Amillia, he said, "Don't say a word. I will explain."

Cameron was looking at both of them but Amillia hadn't gotten all the gossip yet!

She saw Andrea being upset, when they had left for the spirit world, and that she hadn't gone out of her way to see Cameron. Also, that Connor was low on sugar, he had to eat chocolate bars for the next day to feel normal, making sure that he could work…He didn’t go to the hospital, to which made Amillia a bit upset…What if he needed assistance? He had stopped breathing after all, so he should have gone!

"Just tell me please." Cameron had a hold on Connor's shoulder, showing his desperation.

 

Connor said, "It's been 8 weeks, Andrea wasn't that great after you left, she went to work and all. But as far as I was aware, she didn't see you. She hasn't talked to me much since actually, I went back home and tried to talk to Amillia but after a few times of being pretty much shutdown, I went back to Andrea's, I figured it was the next best thing. She was quiet for days, I didn't think to ask her for another three days after if she had seen you Cameron. We had a bit of difficulty after that with our families, ah we lied to them and Andrea nearly got caught out by her brother, and they had a big argument, which sort of followed after with another argument in my family. You would have been proud Cameron, Andrea talked back to our dad, she was already angry, and he just kept making her angrier, it was pretty funny actually!"

1