Chapter 1 – A bright day
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost all humans have thought about the purpose of their life in this world or what they did wrong to get bad luck.

But not for this particular one. Not for her life story that looks sad and pointless.

That day the sun shone brightly on a kingdom in the southeast of the continent from its highest point.

The wind howled loudly to encourage the warriors in the green grassy courtyards with their unison voices.

They practiced with training swords, continuously, while dripping with sweat without wavering.

Only trust and obedience gave them more strength in their training.

Looking at the outer corridor near the courtyard, a plant could be seen being lifted up somewhere.

While looking at them, a maid was carefully carrying a huge potted plant.

The girl looked young and naive, her blond long hair with her thin hands and stiff steps especially with the large plant pot almost covering her top.

The old butler who was carrying another plant pot also warned the girl to be more careful and slow in walking.

"Be careful it's the plants that are important, and slow down."

While glancing to her side, the girl nodded enthusiastically but still ignored the old servant and instead walked faster.

As a result she bumped into someone who was walking in front of her without realizing who it was.

"Watch out!" shouted the butler seeing the girl getting bumped.

The naive girl lost her balance while walking backwards and then accidentally released her grip on the pot.

Puff!

The sound of her butt falling knocked a small amount of dust around from near the girl.

Fortunately, the plant pot did not fall or break instantly.

The person she bumped into quickly caught the pot and asked the girl worriedly.

"Are you okay huh? You startled me by walking so fast."

"Hey you're okay right? We are very sorry, Captain. She seems to be working too enthuastic." The chief steward said apologizing for the girl's mistake.

The captain in question was the platoon captain of the royal soldiers of kingdom.

In full white armor, it was still bright even under the shadow of the roof of the building corridor. A plain white robe with a small insignia of the royal coat of arms was also neatly attached behind her. Her helmet that was so covered revealed a pair of red eyes but did not feel creepy. The bangs of her red hair were also sticking out from behind the full helmet.

"Hahaha no problem, it's also my fault for not seeing well. You see, this helmet of mine is sometimes so unsettling for me too haha." The Captain's cute small laugh revealed her small complaint.

She walked over to the young girl who was still holding her sore buttocks.

"Come on, get up, take hold of my robe." The captain told the girl to get up while holding the plant.

"Where are you going? And let me help you carry this."

"Thank you captain, we're just going to the second floor of the front building." The old butler said.

"Oh ok, let's go."

With that the three people walked side by side while the young girl was in the middle feeling a little embarrassed looking down without noticing the dust still stuck to the back of her clothes.

Arriving there the captain first placed the potted plant in the place that the old butler had indicated.

"You should just ask another soldier for help like this, you know."

"We can't afford to call one of them when they look so eager to train captain."

They looked towards the courtyard where the swinging and clashing voices of the soldiers could be heard loudly.

"Even so... leaving this kind of work to you guys is not good at all." Complaint came out of the captain's voice and expression.

"No problem captain, this girl despite looking like this is originally strong." A word of praise came out of the old butler's mouth to cover the soldiers single unaided behavior.

"Really...?" while observing the young girl who walked near her earlier.

In her observation she did not see anything unique or odd, the girl looked like a typical young girl, although she was a bit stiff and energetic.

But the captain then looked at the unique green jeweled necklace she was wearing and began to wonder.

'Where have I seen that necklace...' the captain thought then dismissed a second later.

"Haha yes. Then I'll leave first, you guys work hard."

With strides and her firm body, the captain walked past the girl with a small glance before parting in a different direction from where they came.

"Hehe, you just met the captain right? Although sometimes she's creepy, she's actually nice. There's no need to be too scared next time."

The young girl nodded vigorously while squeezing her hands that had been sweating a little since earlier.

That was a small incident and one of the beginnings of the young girl's life story.

Until unexpectedly, everything changed upside down without a single warning.

It's just like a flip from the palm of God.

1