2 Time to meat the crew
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering a large auditorium I automatically filed into the group of military grunts who were from all the major branches of super powers. Each earth ruling country was represented including the French, German, Israeli, Russian, Arab, Canadian, Korean, Australian, American, Chinese and many more.
On the other side like a pack of chickens the rest of the crew were loudly and excitedly intermingling.
Doctors, scientists, mechanics and geeks were grouping up and learning more about their future coworkers. The throne of people was suddenly silenced by a loud speaker squelch as a microphone was loudly declaring attention.

"Gham. " a tall and Jack Nelson looking man wearing a red star track style suite indicating a commanding position stood behind the podium. His glare demands attention as the crowd settled down to hopefully be told what was going to happen next.

“Welcome all...” a silent hum followed.
“Today we will be the beginning of a new chapter in a long human held tradition of exploring the unknown.” His body shifted slightly to the right.
“It is my honor to be a part of this great undertaking.” He almost screamed out.
“We will go out to explore and make humanity a part of the solar community." he began to sway from side to side as excitement showed in his eager flouting.
" I don't need to tell anyone here about the fact that we're not alone in this crazy galaxy." The silence of our answer made him to continue.
"As far as we know where are going out there and we will face harsh times and death. So this is your last chance to go home and be safe." a harsh silence lasting for more than twenty minutes as he stared like a wiper at each and every single person. Drilling hard at their fear and discomfort in order to test their resolve in this endeavor.
No one moved or spoke... heck some forgot to breathe. As his glare seemed to dig deeper than ones core.
No secret was safe.
Nothing was hidden from the uncomfortable glare.

"Now that's out of the way I will introduce you all to the leaders of every team and they will take it from there.” ...more silence as people began to shift and twitch.
“Please come up as I call you” a picture of a heavy mustard mustached man green eyes and long orange hippy hair appeared on the screen, His short biography appears as the man himself walks up.
"Meet Dr. Shwarts... he is in charge of medical." A simple fact was just thrown out without explanation or even a vote. And before anyone had any time to think the second introduction was already in progress.
"Professor Wright is going to run research." a chubby bold man showed up. Without taking a break the introductions continued.
"Mr Rodriguez is in charge of production." A gruff mafia looking man wearing pink jeans jumps out.
"Mrs Butterfly is anything computer related" a young girl of barely twelve shyly pushed her way to the stars to reach the stage.
"Mrs Claus is going to feed you." As a grandma in a wheelchair raced up to the top at such speed and ability that every single person just dropped their socks as no one could figure out how she did it.
"Sergeant Wolf is going to be security." I was not surprised to see myself running that. My body moved as I was already making possible war exercises and drills in my head.
"Mr Green is the history and language specialist" as a grumpy thin like a zombie face as on his nose he was wearing huge glasses scared man crawled up to the stage. Somehow everyone accepted him to topple over and die any second now.
" I will be your second in command and give you your position and job duties if you don't apply to any of the above positions.” The seven foot tall man took advantage of his height to add. “Feel free to call me Commander.” The speaker stood to the side of the podium.
"Lastly I would be honored to ask our captain to make his way to make this crazy galaxy kneel and respect humanity." a slow hush failed the room.
" Sir. Captain Picard. SIR!" all military boots clacked as all solders spoke the name of their hero in one voice.
The same grizzled man that I met earlier stood on the stage with me on his left and the commander who was introducing everyone slid to his right.
We are going to be his wings as humanity rises up into the stats to blaze a trail in history.

"I'm proud of all of you and I have the greatest pleasure to lead such resolve.” His calming tone was reassuring.
“Together we will face the darkness alone and not have anyone to help when things will go wrong.” Captain caring tone made it clear that he didn’t want to see that happen.
“For thousands of years we have risked life and limb to explore our planet.” He was oozing pride with every breath.
“I will not lie to you, theirs death in the stars" he took a deep breath and shouted with pure rage.
"But we're going to spit danger in the face and enjoy exploring and discovering every single nook of this crazy of this galaxy.” Pickard began to build up momentum.
“We will find treasure and glory." without taking a breath he spoke with a huge smile on his face.
"And I know all of you can't wait to get this started. ..." he takes a deep breath to pound the facts in.
"We will have the opportunity to meet with aliens. ..." again another deep breath as our hearts raced with each word.
"Were making history here today with every single step that we take from this point on." He whistled that as if it was a big secret.
“So let's make it a big one!" The explanation of the crowd fueled our appetite for adventure.

He left the stage as the leaders who have been called followed like ducklings filed into the briefing room to hammer out things.

I was given a tablet that gave me axes to everything my position was given permission to know and do.
In addition to the humans that were on the spaceship an AI was installed. This AI was constructed to be as smart as a butler and as sweet as a nurse. The tablet and a watch were the main communicators with the AI and each other. The watch lay waiting for me on the table as the tablet was placed into my hand while the meeting began.

-----

The meeting was like any other
"Thanks for coming... blah blah blah... find yourself second in command ... blah blah blah ... follow orders....” nothing unusual.

Then I went to meet the man and woman who I will give my life to.

They had a large hallway type room with bunks on one side and closet on the other.
Shower was an adjacent room with a workout room as one space.

"I'm glad everyone is comfortable." I spoke with a short bark in my tone.
"I will give you guys the honor to choose a second in command and we will go on a tour of our new home." I happily suggested to make them feel comfortable with my command position and help them bond in this task as a group at the same time.

I was surprised to see the same female that came to my backyard to tell me that I was coming to space.
She had the figure of a scorpion that was already attacking. (A sniper huh?)
I didn't show her a single sign of recognition.

A few hours later after arranging the small room that held a bed, an office table with chair and a closet with a cramped all in one rv style toilet/shower/sink I was called to the first official meeting.

1