Chapter 2 – Three Days Ago
618 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott opened his eyes, realizing he was being awakened by the beeping of his phone.

"Wait.. I'm not dead? What's going on?" he wondered as he looked at his phone.

It was his voicemail, so he immediately checked his messages. He scrolled through several messages from work, wondering why did they send the same messages again. He's already talked to them about it. 

Suddenly, there was a message from his wife!

He opened it and it was his wife's voice!

"Scott! I think I'm in way over my head! I need help..."

Suddenly, the message died prematurely and Scott was panicked. 

He immediately dialed her number back, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Wait a minute... is this a sick joke? I received that message 3 days ago!" he said, remembering that he received the exact same message from his wife 3 days ago. 

He got out of bed and was surprised to see the date on his phone was 3 days ago. 

He touched the doorknob to the bathroom and suddenly had a vision. 

In the vision, he saw his wife Lisa dressing in a sexy dress before leaving the house. 

"Strange. I received that vision 3 days ago. I usually never get the same vision twice" he thought. 

He remembered getting that vision, realizing that Lisa was dressing up as an investigative reported to investigate a cult that had organized an orgy. 

He remembered telling her to drop that case as he felt it was too dangerous. But receiving the vision, he realized that she had gone ahead without telling him anyway. 

The last time he experienced the vision, he went to the mansion where the orgy supposedly took place, but he didn't manage to get in as the butler closed the door on him and the security guards chased him off. 

He had touched the door bell of the mansion, which gave him a vision of Dr Van Hummels entering the building with a cadaver van and leaving with what looks like a body bag. 

This was the lead that led him to the Bare Body exhibit and eventually finding his wife. 

He has always had this power of psychometry since he was a kid. It was his most reliable ability and could use it at will. 

However, he had another ability too, but they depended on extreme emotions like fear, stress, anxiety, excitement.

He has known for a long time that he had the ability to stop time. But this ability was extremely unreliable as it requires him to be in an adrenaline high.

And it was difficult to create that condition unless he was in serious danger, or extreme stress.

Now he needed to break into the mansion, but he had to activate this ability to stop time. But how?

It was then that he remembered an instance in university, before he met Lisa that he had managed to activate this power.

He was naked with a girl he had a tremendous crush on, Clara Devon an athletic beauty who was an archaeology major.

They were in the gym late at night, all alone when one thing led to another, their mutual attraction took over and they were banging right in the gym. 

As there was nobody around, they had sex on every machine and decided to fuck in the showers too.

They fucked all night, not realizing the time, and finished in the early hours of the morning.  

Just as they finished, they realized that someone had cleaned up the gym and had taken away their clothes, leaving them naked!

Not only that, the gym was locked shut and there was no way for them to get out unless they climbed out the tall window. 

Their dorms were all the way across campus, and it was impossible to get there without being seen. 

Just then, the whole football team entered the gym for their early 5am workouts. 

They both panicked as Scott's adrenaline started pumping. He noticed that time started slowing down. 

He has experienced this a few times in his life before, but this was the first time he felt he understood it. 

He immediately picked the naked girl and ran carrying her in his arms all the way to his dorm. 

Along the way, everything was still, even the breeze was still. 

He arrived in his dorm room and shut the door. It was then that time started to run again. 

Clara was of course confused, but Scott didn't explain and loaned her his clothes to wear back. 

Now that he needed to break into the mansion, he needed to activate this power again. 

He sighed as he had a theory on how to do it, but was reluctant to try. 

But the time to try was now. 

So he started stripping in his car, leaving himself completely naked. 

As he stepped out of his car, his heart was pumping fast, and his adrenaline was pumping like mad. 

Just then, as he predicted, everything stood still. 

"Success!" he said, as he sprinted and climbed over the high walls of the mansion. 

He ran across the garden seeing all the still guards standing in the open and the guard dogs still like statues. 

He quickly entered the main door and scouted the area. 

He didn't know how long more his adrenaline would last, so he touched the butler who had just rejected him minutes earlier. 

Immediately, he found out that there was a hidden basement area behind the grandfather clock.

He quickly activated the mechanism and entered the hidden area. 

Just as the clock closed again, his adrenaline stopped pumping and he calmed down. 

His body shivered due to the adrenaline dump. 

Quietly, he walked down the stairs, still completely naked. 

As he arrived in the basement, it was empty. 

It was built for a ritual as there was a altar right in the middle. 

Scott looked at the altar, hesitating. 

He knew that upon touching it, he will find out what happened to Lisa

And he knew it was probably something he didn't want to see. 

However, to find out what happened, he had to do it. 

Reluctantly, he walked to the altar and touched it. 

10