Chapter 9 – A Deeper Conspiracy
389 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scott entered the Lovelock cave, scouting for any hints, any clues about what happened. 

He walked in, touching as many surfaces as he could

Each time, the visions were of other people over the years who have come here.

The Lovelock Cave legend was reasonably famous for the area and it was a tourist destination

That left the cave over visited by tourists, leaving very little clues of any use. 

He saw what looked like a broken ball point pen. 

Picking it up, he suddenly received a vision.

He saw Clara, searching the cave, the pen was inside her journal which she was reading. 

It looked like a hot day, and she wore brown shorts and a white tank top, showing off her gorgeous cleavage.

"Where is it, where is it? There it is!" she mumbled to herself. 

She looked into her journal and brought out a piece of chalk.

She walked up to the far wall and drew a symbol on the wall, then stood back.

She frowned as nothing seemed to happen, and quickly looked down into her journal again.

"Come on, come on.. what did I miss? Erm.. draw symbol.... sanctify with... .with.... blood!" she exclaimed.  

Her eyes lit up as she nodded, taking out her pocket knife and slicing a cut across her left hand. 

She winced as her blood started flowing and placed her hand in the symbol on the wall. 

"Eureka!" she yelled as the cave started shaking and the back wall of the cave opened up to reveal a large black skeleton!

The skeleton looked humanoid, except it was over 8 foot tall, had two rows of teeth and had 6 fingers and 6 toes on each hand and foot. 

Although it was a skeleton, it also had red hair! 

"A giant!" Scott exclaimed.

Suddenly, there were men wearing black suits appearing in the cave behind her, but she was too engrossed with her discovery to realize it. 

They immediately walked up to her, catching her by surprise and grabbed her from behind. 

"What are you doing?" she yelled as she struggled. 

The journal dropped to the floor as she tried to fight them off. 

Scott watched as Clara was a remarkably good martial artist, managing to fight them off with her skills.

She punched one of the men, smashing his sunglasses to his face, kicking another in the gut and elbowing another.

Another man appeared and shot his taser at her.

She screamed in pain as the other 3 she was fighting tasered her as well, causing her to fall unconscious in pain.

One of them picked up her limp body, while another picked up her journal and her bag full of her stuff.

As he picked up the journal, the pen dropped and he accidentally stepped on it, crushing it with his shoes.

The man looked at the pen and ignored it as it was a common ball point pen.

"Clara..." Scott mumbled.

He had no idea where these people would have taken her, and he immediately scrambled to look for more clues.

Another two men returned with a trolley to carry the remains of the giant. 

It was then that the vision ended.

He was lost, not knowing how to proceed. Do he call Danielle? After all, it was her case. But Clara is his former lover.

Suddenly, a piece of dark glass reflected some light directly into his eyes. 

Squinting, he blocked the light with his hand and walked to the object. 

He picked up a small dark piece of glass.

Suddenly, he received a vision.

In it, he saw that the broken glass was from the sunglasses Clara broke as she punched the man.

He looked further back, where the man came from and he watched the journey backwards, revealing that the men came from Area 51!

He rushed to his car, not wanting to waste another moment. These incidents happened weeks ago, and who knows how cold the case is now.

Driving in his rented car, he drove over 200 miles to the site where Area 51 is supposed to be on the maps.

It was already night, so he slowed down and climbed on a hill with binoculars, checking out the place.

Wearing all black, he put on a black ski mask and gloves and started sneaking in.

He used cutters to cut a hole in the fence and sneaked in.

The base was fairly large, with a large open area to cross. As he got closer and closer to the building, there were more guards roaming the area.

He quickly ducked behind a building. Just as he did that, he heard barking behind him and turned around.

"Shit!" he cursed as he had ducked around the corner right in front of several guards with guard dogs. 

"Freeze! Stay where you are!" the guards yelled as more guards surrounded him.

He had no choice but to raise his hands in surrender. 

Just then, he realized that everything was silent. He looked up and saw that all the guards were frozen in time!

His heart was pumping hard and his adrenaline was off the charts!

"Great! My time stop power activated by itself!" he said, running to the nearest building and entering it. 

Inside, he saw that the place looked very sterile, like a lab. 

As he walked around, the place was completely frozen in time by his powers. 

He ran around, searching blindly for Clara, not knowing even where to search. 

Just as he turned a corner, he saw a person pushing a table with a normal sized human skeleton on top. 

Just as he ran past, he turned around to look at the skeleton again. Right next to the skeleton was a torn white tank top, a pair of bra and panties and brown shorts and boots!

"Clara!" he gasped and touched the skeleton, hoping with all his might that it wasn't her. 

Just then, a vision came to his mind, and tears flowed from his eyes realizing he was watching her final moments. 

5