Prologue
152 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground shattered as dark inferno filled the sky. The two races clashed, and the sounds of fluttering wings and devilish screams blurred together. On one end devils scurried on all fours through the barren battlefield. Their opponents, however, soared the sky with their majestic wings. Their hearts of light beat as their majestic wings marched forward, driven by nothing but faith. Giants crystals under their command acted without hesitation, releasing rays of light and heat, scorching the Devils and the ground beneath. It was no place for mortal soldiers anymore; they had retreated far several battles ago and left the field to Angels and Devils.

On a small hill, a hooded devil watched. He was more human-like compared to the devils walking on all fours. The lone devil's tail slammed the ground as he looked around the scene of carnage.

The army of Angels was gaining ground, leaving the vile devils squirming in their wake. The hooded devil raised his hand. The space on his palm twisted and shattered, revealing a pitch-black spear. He grabbed the spear then stabbed it to the ground.

Almost immediately, the ground on the barren battlefield twisted. The sounds of battle stopped. The angels here and there seemingly froze, but the next moment, the pile of corpses on the battlefield bent and merged, creating a monstrous form of flesh and claws.

As the monstrous abomination of corpses rose from the ground, the fallen devils all stood up as they regenerated their scorched and detached limbs. They began to leap unto the flying angels and crystal structures, clawing and sending them to the ground for the other devils to ravage.

The angels regrouped and invoked searing spears of holy flames, throwing them towards the giant to no effect. The tide of White and gold slowed down as the wave of vile red washed over them. The hooded devil was now down on the battlefield, but he stood still as if waiting for something.

Then, he heard a voice that was familiar to him from above the sky, and the lone figure turned to look.

An archangel descended from the sky, her four majestic wings shined a warm light. Her Halo was different. It was like a crown. In front of her are seven other angels with wings, some with their arm crossed looked over the battlefield, suddenly the four-winged angel marched forward.

The angel fluently beat her wings towards the monstrosity, a giant battle-axe covered with holy fire manifested behind her. In one fell swoop, the battle-axe slashed the monstrosity in half.

The archangel immediately looked around. There was no way that this was the best that their sworn enemy has. Then the angel felt a high murderous intent watching her. It was at this moment that she realized that the monstrosity was just a distraction.

She looked toward the battlefield around her, but there was no sign of the source until she glanced backward, there was the hooded devil with the dark spear in his hand.

Before the archangel could react, the hooded devil thrust the spear through the archangel's back.

3