Chapter 54: You Can’t
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to give stars to the story, and comment too. 

Tell me if there is any grammar that is wrong or inappropriate

____________________________________

* Piuw*

A plasma beam of bluish color shot very quickly through the air. Kai immediately jumped to the left, and relying on his incredible agility, he managed to dodge the plasma cannon without much difficulty accompanying it.

The disorder cannot stop him.

* Piuw*

* Boom*

Kai moves and performs at a very high speed in a zigzag pattern.

He did so in an attempt to dodge the shot and also messed up the shot of his enemy. His back was in a cold sweat when he saw the damage that the weapon was capable of causing. 

Kai had no intention of being exposed to such harmful rays.

Bruce squinted when he saw Kai's movement pattern. Relying on the biomask's automatic targeting assistance, he began shooting his enemies again.

At first, he is in distress, but over time, he manages to hit Kai. It happened on the shot whose sequence he no longer remembers.

* Boom*

Kai's body jerked backward from the shot, making him stop moving for a while due to the shock.

"AGHHHH!! Damn it! It's natural for a prey to behave like a prey!" Kai shouted with emotions of anger, his eyes shining brightly as his emotions grew more unstable.

Kai was hit by a plasma beam, which instantly vaporized most of his meat. The plasma shot had managed to make the entire meat on his shoulder disappear.

Black blood flowed out of his flesh, bones, and shoulder flesh, which blackened due to extreme temperature burns.

The wound is impossible to heal soon. If he didn't have the use of Nen that strengthened his body, perhaps half of his body would have been wiped out by the explosion.

"Hahaha! Baka~" replied Bruce as he continued a laser barrage of shots.

There was no breaktime for his enemy to rest.

* Piuw*

Kai widened his eyes as he saw dozens of plasma cannon shots flying toward him. His eyes glanced at the wound on his shoulder with a complicated look, then he looked at Bruce with a burning killing intent. 

An even stronger killing intent than before erupted from his body, and with burning anger, he ran toward Bruce. Because only this time he had the pure desire to kill someone, the previous murder had occurred due to other factors.

He gathered all the strength in his legs and…

*Boom*

* Swoosh*

His body shot out at a very fast speed, his movements were so fast that it made a black shadow lag behind his back as he moved. 

Because of this, Bruce was unable to detect its presence, and the direction of his movement was also not as easy to predict as he had done earlier. Kai has learned from his experience and begun to be more careful and take the enemies in front of him seriously.

* Piuw*

The plasma shot didn't even hit his shadow, and the automatic targeting function wasn't at all helpful when fighting someone capable of moving at inhuman speeds like Kai. 

For a few seconds later, the battle was fierce. 

Bruce tries to concentrate on his shot, while Kai moves at a very high speed while slowly reducing the distance between the two of them.

The movement pattern was too random for Bruce to guess.

Sometimes he tried to get closer to shorten the distance between the two of them, and sometimes he also made a distance between them. This too-random movement pattern makes Bruce unable to predict Kai's next movement, and his plasma caster also almost lacks energy.

Plasmacaster is an alien technology, he does not know if it can be recharged using a phone charger or other electronic devices. 

Bruce hasn't had a chance to experiment with the thing since arriving in this world, he's too busy studying its ultimate moves.

" Damn! This kid moves too agile," complained Bruce in frustration, annoyed by his enemy's agile movements.

He raved irritably while spamming a deadly array of plasma rays. But all the shots made by him were successfully avoided by the man.

Kai's footsteps suddenly disappeared.

- Huh? Where did he go? - he thought frantically as he searched for the whereabouts of the man.

His eyes moved at high speed as he tried to detect its presence, and his ears tried to hear the wind noise produced by Kai. 

After entering into a state of high alertness to the surrounding environment, his ears were able to hear a slight hissing of the wind that blew as Kai moved.

But the clues do not give its exact location or real-time information.

- It's time for us to use it - he said to himself irritably.

Bruce immediately activated overdrive mode.

When entering that state, Bruce lost the sparkle in his eyes. 

The eyes that used to shine with intelligence were replaced by a monotonous gaze and an emotionless face. Bruce looks like a fool at first glance in this state. In this mode, his alter ego will cooperate with him, they will force the brain to work at its maximum for too short a time. 

Thus enhancing his body's reflexes unreasonably, his body would move based on his instincts and move according to the instructions they had instilled from the beginning.

His brain will be forced to fulfill his desires until they are fulfilled.

And the instructions instilled by him this time were… 

Defeat the enemy in any way.

Kai's existence suddenly appeared out of thin air, his figure just appeared suddenly and without warning. It was as if he was using teleportation magic and then appeared behind Bruce's back.

Kai had learned from his previous experience, now he was aiming for Bruce's blind spot and attacking him powerfully.

"Aaaaa! Feel this…" Kai punched out using his right hand.

His entire body had now swollen, accentuating the various monstrous muscle bundles in his body. The clothes he was wearing had long been torn as a result of his sudden transformation, leaving only a ragged pair of pants that were almost destroyed.

The most astonishing thing was his shoulder, now no longer bleeding like a moment ago. His wounds had already healed in a very strange way, perhaps he was using one of his abilities.

Although the wound had indeed healed, the flesh that was attached to it had disappeared, as if the missing flesh had been replaced to heal the damage he had received.

Bruce, who was in overdrive, inserted a little mana into his eye, making it glow with a silvery white light like the eyes of a cat.

Then, with incredible reflexes, he dodged Kai's attack, which brought an aura of destruction. 

Bruce threw himself backward and focused all of Nen's output that he could control on his right foot. His legs slightly shone with a dazzling light as his Nen gathered simultaneously at one focal point, and in that very short time, he launched a counterattack.

His knees hit upwards, where Kai's chest was. 

*Bump*

But Kai can withstand the attack with incredible coordination using his elbows. 

"Your moves are too easy for me to predict- AAAAGGGHHHH!!!" Kai insulted him in a condescending tone, using his damaged vocal cords.

But it wasn't even a millisecond later. Before he could continue his annoying babbling.

Bruce's real attack came and struck him.

His folded legs immediately opened like a spring, released at breakneck speed. Similar to the fist of a mantis shrimp when hunting crustaceans in the ocean, Bruce's kick has been strengthened with Nen to the maximum.

Regarding precisely the sensitive location of all men, that is, where the reproductive apparatus is located.

* Crack*

Bone cracking sounds.

After the attack is successful, Bruce advances like a drunk and stabs his enemy several times in the stomach with a wrist sword.

He takes a swing and kicks Kai hard in the chest.

*Bump*

He was thrown back several meters like a punching bag, hitting a tree with his back. 

Kai coughed as he felt an excruciating pain in his body. Blood was flowing from his groin, drops of blood did not stop flowing until formed a puddle made of viscous liquid near himself.

Bruce's overdrive mode is then disabled.

When he deactivated the mode, a headache that was like being pierced by thousands of needles immediately attacked his brain. His nerves and his brain felt an incredible headache simultaneously.

The pain was as if his brain was being sliced into thin slices using a razor blade. 

The pain almost drove him crazy.

"Ughhh... this is the reason why I don't like that mode," he complained, clutching his skull with both hands.

1