Chapter 58: Hunt
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don't forget to give stars to the story, and comment too. 

Tell me if there is any grammar that is wrong or inappropriate

____________________________________

Dolle Harbor, 1996. 

In a garage, a loud bang was occasionally heard from inside. However, although it often makes noise and is disturbing and unpleasant to hear, the residents around there who have a house close to the garage do not dare to complain. 

They are traumatized, overcome by the atrocities committed by the madmen who live there against them.

The madman arrived in this city a month ago, he rented the house from the original owner and turned it into a workshop.

And the one they're afraid of is Bruce.

*Ting... Ting... Ting*

He was currently beating on a metal slab using a hammer, repairing a dent that was in Yautja's armor.

{Hey, enough with that rotten iron plate. Go check your new charger, it's more important}

Bruce stopped swinging the hammer.

He pondered for a moment before throwing the hammer he had used at the side of the room. Next, he took out a handkerchief from inside the inventory and wiped the surface of his hands. He also took out a clean towel to wipe away the sweat that was pouring all over his body.

"You've been pretty active lately, huh? Is there a reason?" Bruce asked as he walked over to the sofa and laid down comfortably on it.

His hand moved, and he picked up something that was on the table. 

His fingers examined the device carefully, this was the result of his hard work over the past few days since he arrived in this city.

"Hahh... I hope this new thing works the way I hope," he said in a hopeful tone, tired of having to do the same thing over and over again.

{It's not my fault, you know. You should also be more excited, soon the door of freedom will open for us}

A rather excited voice sounded from inside his mind. 

Bruce raised his head, his eyes looking at the garage ceiling, when he heard his alter ego say something. His lips form a small smile, and his eyes are also slightly narrowed.

"You're right, but before that, let's try this thing," he replied casually.

It's been a month.

After his fight with Kai, Bruce accelerates his plan a few steps forward. During this one month, he has mastered Nen at high speed, and his level of compatibility with Nen is very high. 

After doing a little mini-research, the reason turned out to be not as complicated as imagined.

Nen is his life energy, while Bruce is a monster-filled with a collection of life energy. In addition to having a unique physique, life energy was something abundant for him since becoming a monster composed of gamma energy.

Ten, Ren, Zetsu, and then Hatsu.

He had mastered those four techniques very fluently, most likely, he was a born genius with a talent of one in a million souls. Even advanced engineering techniques were successfully mastered by him within a month, if it wasn't talent, then what else?

After finishing with the basics of Nen, he then used water divination, using a glass cup filled with water and a small leaf placed on the surface of the water. 

I think anyone can guess the result of the prophecy, he is a specialist.

As his palm slowly drained Nen's energy, something formed inside the glass. The volume of water also increased significantly, and the small leaf swirled slowly like a helicopter propeller. 

Then the leaf was burned by a green flame. 

The terrible fire burned unreasonably. Let me tell you, it was horrible.

The incident nearly left him homeless. Fortunately, he was always alert. As soon as possible, put out the burning fire using water magic, and drive away the neighbors who are interested in the fire.

Bruce trained to the last point when usually people just try to the maximum. He tried more than what they did, his training was even classified as extreme. 

However, thanks to the inhuman training he underwent, his Hatsu is ready to be created, and Bruce is looking forward to it.

{Boss! Hurry up, stop thinking too much about complicated things}

Bruce awakens from his daydreams and prepares the device for testing.

But before creating Hatsu, there is another important work that must be done by him first today, because this is also no less important.

The work was to find a solution regarding the energy reserve for the plasma caster. Bruce uses it too often so that the energy reserves stored in his armor are drastically reduced. Therefore, at the moment, he is looking for the best solution to the problem.

"Please succeed, I will kiss Elsa if this works. So please work..." Bruce prayed as he plugged the crappy cable into the armor joint.

The energy he had been using came from a battery attached to the back of the armor. 

The shape is not so large that it does not cause suspicion in anyone, it is specially designed so as not to make it difficult for the user.

"Yuhuuu!! It worked, hahahaha." his eyes widened with excitement, and he jumped up and down like a monkey burning his ass fur.

The part of the armor that has glass turns blue when the homemade charger cable is plugged in. From now on, he no longer has to worry about excessive power consumption. After all, if the battery runs out, all he needs to do is charge it back to full. 

Like a smartphone.

*Step... Step... Step*

Hasty footsteps were heard in the depths of the forest. 

A black shadow shot out at a very high speed, jumping from one tree to the next at an inhuman speed.

The blurred figure has a height of about one and a half meters. It has bright yellow plumage, with a slight admixture of brown in some parts of its body.

The posture is slightly bent forward, and the shape of the jaws is elongated like a ferret's face.

Very long ears came out of the top of the animal's skull, swinging like a shawl as he jumped through the trees.

His head occasionally glanced behind his back, his facial expression looking very frightened of something. His eyes bulged sternly, and his pupils became as thin as the tip of a needle when he saw something moving at high speed towards him.

Immediately, he picked up his running speed to escape.

- I have to run away- he thought to himself. 

Its slender, long legs are perfect for moving in complex terrain, such as forests. 

* Swoosh*

Young Kiriko heard something, it sounded like when a sharp projectile slid and split the air. 

Not daring to take his enemy lightly, he immediately jumped up to avoid anything.

And sure enough…

A blue arrow flew at the location of the next tree. If he had underestimated the attack just now, the arrow would have stabbed him and lead to injury.

* Swoosh*

Then several more arrows shot at the same speed were heard. 

Kiriko jumps in an irregular pattern, making it difficult for anyone to target him using arrows.

A few more guesses were then launched, but he was able to avoid them all with ease. But what he does not realize is that his distance from the enemy is decreasing, and the path taken by him unknowingly goes in a certain direction. 

To the area where it is full of dry foliage.

Kiriko is so focused on dodging the arrow attacks that he forgets the importance of being aware of the surrounding environment.

And when he realized it, it was all too late.

* Pcrikriting*

The ground trodden by him suddenly moved, from a pile of dry leaves emerged an iron net that shone with a mesmerizing electric blue light. 

The razor-sharp net immediately enveloped him into a ball of flesh, rendering him unable to move or resist.

"Graaggghh!! Aaarrrggghhhh!!"

All he could do was scream.

Screaming in an almost hoarse voice as the electric current shocked his body, the fine yellow hairs on the surface of his skin turned dull blackish. 

Prove how dangerous the trap that entangled him at this time was.

And when he almost lost consciousness, his eyes caught the movement of a figure dressed in tight black clothes. Several strange pieces of iron were glued to his body using steel ropes.

But the focus was on the figure's eyes, shining brightly with a silvery-white light in the shadow of the trees.

2