Ch. -???: Antecedent
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I recline on my throne, my legs crossed, and one arm leisurely rests over the armrest as its fist idly knuckles at my cheek. Before me, a glowing, monochromatic, shifting fractal resonates, casting a metaphysical glow across the ineffable continuum of Nihil—this realm.

“Sora Mugenshi… Sixteen years old, male, human... A mere mortal, yet destined for eminence via benighted and brutal experiences... Ah, the whims of fate, guided by the hand of Author. Who am I to question the intricacies of your design?”

Here, there's only me, the shifting fractal I call Author, and a gemlike Vision Gate radiating an esoteric lavender hue. Through the gate, I can see a young boy wearing a school uniform. He has short, messy black hair and deep scarlet eyes, other than that he's average.

I shift my attention from the Vision Gate and drag my gaze back to Author.

“But what of the consequences, Author? When Sora transcends to challenge even me, what then? Will he seek retribution upon discovering your hand in his fate?

…Have no fear, for I am aware of all that is to come. Dear Author, trust that I shall steer the course of destiny following what is ordained.”

The voice of the Author resonates within me with a commanding force, as though all things are subject to its will. Its words, though cryptic, carry indisputable power, transcending awareness. With infinite cognition, the Author comprehends beyond limits, encompassing all within its grasp.

Hm…?

“Ah… So impatient."

Its fervent desire to see its ideas come to life is unmistakable, and I cannot deny the awe-inspiring power that radiates from its very being. After a moment of contemplation, I give in to its wishes and allow my voice to resonate through the infinite expanse of Nihil.

"If it is what you yearn for so fervently, then so be it… After all… Who am I to deny the desires of my Creator? …My God.”

I rise from my throne and slowly but surely make my way towards Author, cocooned by its all-powerful presence.

“...Let the tale of Sora Mugenshi commence…”

1