[Vol. 1] Ch. 1: Sora Is Blessed with Resurrection
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART 3: Commencement of a New Beginning

I find myself sprawled beside a towering tree, its branches adorned with leaves of a deep, majestic purple. The roots beneath me pulse with a gentle, ethereal glow, casting a soft light on the forest floor. The air around me seems to be filled with a sweet, floral fragrance, which I can’t quite place. It feels like I’ve been transported to a different world, one that I’ve never seen before.

Around the colossal tree is a small clearing, no more than sixty metres in diameter. But beyond its edges, the forest takes on a dense, otherworldly quality.

Violet-hued trees stretch towards the sky, their branches entwined with neon-glowing vines that snake through the air like serpents. It’s a sight that I can’t help but stare at in awe.

“… Nngh… what the…?” I groan, trying to orient myself from this unexpected situation. Though, hearing the sound of my voice is another surprise I wasn't expecting.

“Wha… Why does my voice sound deeper?”

As I attempt to stand up, I notice that things are different. Not just the surroundings, but my body as well. I feel more adventurous and confident too.

I push myself up, groaning as muscles I didn’t know I had protested the movement.

“My body feels all kinds of wrong… Why do I feel taller?”

With a perplexed frown, I glance down at my hands, noting the subtle differences from what I remember.

It’s like I’m seeing them for the first time, yet they feel strangely familiar, as if they belong to someone else entirely.

As I take in my surroundings, I notice that everything around me seems to be in perfect harmony. Amethyst-coloured fireflies dance among the foliage, casting a surreal glow over the entire scene. The leaves rustle gently in the breeze; it’s a beautiful, peaceful place, and yet, everything seems to be just slightly off-kilter, like a dream that’s too vivid to be real.

I can’t help but wonder where I am and how I got here. The last thing I remember is getting yelled at for staying up late, specifically up until 4 AM.

Did I somehow travel to a different dimension? Or is this all just a dream?

I shake my head, trying to clear my thoughts. At least I won’t be getting ridiculed by school agai—

“Remember…”

My mind abruptly throbbed in pain as a ghostly voice echoed throughout the fantastical woods, or rather, inside my own mind. It tells me to… remember? Remember what? Did I forget something? Is that why I don’t have any clue where I am?

“Remember your choice…”

My choice? These whispers aren’t making sense… Maybe it’s just a prank or a dream?

I take a deep breath, trying to push away the confusion and fear that are starting to creep into my mind. It’s then that I realise something.

My choice… Wait…

I remember now. The decision I made that led me here, lost in this strange and mystical forest—to end my old life for a new beginning; the choice to leave behind everything I knew for a fresh start.

And now, as the voice in my head continues to urge me to remember.

I realise that this decision was more significant than I initially thought. Was it worth it? No, it was definitely worth it. Now I am free from pain and torment… But all alone in this forest? Why send me here, in this altered body?

I take a few steps around the tree, trying to adjust to my new body and surroundings, hoping to find some answers. But all I can hear is the rustling of leaves and the distant cry of unknown creatures.

Journeying around the tree, I come across a strange symbol, an emblem, perhaps etched into the bark of the towering bole.

It’s as if the darkness itself has left its mark on the tree. The emblem portrays an ink droplet, swirling with enigmatic shadows, within which is the silhouette of a sword engulfed in flames.

“What is this…?”

Fractured streaks ooze away from the emblem, protruding a majestically sinister black and purple glow.

“This is unreal…”

As I gaze at the emblem in awe, a sharp thud echoes right beside me.

My slow reaction speed, the bane of my existence, once again betrays me as I struggle to comprehend the situation unfolding before me.

I find a long arrow lying before me. Its tip isn’t silver or metal-looking but seems to be a mixture of gold and diamond, if that’s even what they’re made of.

The arrow lies innocently penetrating the tree, yet its presence fills me with a sense of impending danger, as if it’s a harbinger of darker things to come.

I took hasty steps back and stumbled onto my rear end.

“Wh-what the—”

Suddenly, a chilling rustle mixed with bony clattering emanates from the distant shrubbery, or maybe that’s just my imagination.

“W-who’s there!”

My voice is shaky, and shouting out loud probably isn’t the best of ideas, but fear has a way of clouding rational thought.

My gaze darts around in the eerie night, searching for any sign of movement or threat.

But the darkness seems to swallow my surroundings, leaving me feeling more vulnerable than ever.

With a heavy sigh, I realise that I’m truly alone in this strange new world. No one to rely on but myself, no one to guide me through the perils that lie ahead.

Whoosh!

Suddenly, another arrow whizzes past me, this time from a different direction. My instincts kick in, and I dive to the ground, narrowly avoiding the deadly projectile.

“What is happening?”

My voice is barely more than a whisper in the thick silence of the night.

With trembling hands, I reach out to touch the arrow without considering any consequences, hesitating for a moment before gingerly picking it up. Its weight feels heavy in my hand, like a tangible manifestation of the threat that looms over me.

The sensation’s like being enveloped in a shimmering haze of amethyst light, a tingling energy that dances along my skin with ethereal grace, though it’s also cold to the touch, so cold that it feels hot.

“I have to get out of here…”

My thoughts end there as I bolt away from the tree, thinking the emblem might be the source of danger. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and my breaths are coming out in ragged gasps.

It takes a few seconds for me to reach the forest beyond the clearing, but those few seconds feel like an eternity. I’m desperately trying to distance myself and the emblem as much as possible. I don’t stop there, though. I know that if something is lurking inside the forest, stopping would also be danger—

Clack!

“What the…!”

Thud!

Once again, I find myself falling as I bump into something. The impact produces a clacking sound, reminiscent of bones colliding.

I collided with something solid; what was… it…?

Gingerly, I look up and am greeted by a scene that resembles something out of a horror movie. Yet, strangely, it greets me as if it were just a normal Tuesday.

What? A skeleton. Alive, standing. With a bow?

A living skeleton, armed with a weapon of such otherworldly beauty. It defies all logic, all reason.

My heart pounds in my chest as I struggle to comprehend the impossible scene unfolding before my eyes.

There isn’t just one, or two, or three. There are dozens of them. All identical to one another with their ragged bones and gem-like masks that only cover half of their skull.

“Uhh, uhm… H-hey…? D-don’t mind me, just passing t-through!”

I stammer, my voice trembling with fear as I try to mask my panic. But the skeletons pay me no heed, their empty eye sockets fixed on their target with a decision to kill.

With a surge of adrenaline, I stand up quickly and begin to pace faster, my legs moving as if propelled by sheer instinct. But no matter how fast I run, it feels like I’m moving through molasses, my progress hindered by an invisible force.

I don’t even make it more than three meters before a sharp pain invades me. The pain creeps through my body like an icy tendril, numbing and chilling every nerve it touches. It isn’t a burning sensation, but rather a cold, biting ache that seems to penetrate to my very core.

I grit my teeth against the agony, my breath coming in ragged gasps as I struggle to push through the pain. But with each step, the cold only intensifies, wrapping around me like a suffocating shroud.

Before I know it, my back is frozen in rock-shaped ice, enhancing the freezing pain and forcing me to stumble over once again. Panic rises within me as I realize the gravity of my situation. Trapped and helpless, I can only watch as the skeletons draw closer, their weapons gleaming in the eerie light.

The skeletons advance with eerie precision, their bone-chilling clatters reverberating through the air. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, each beat echoing like a drumbeat of impending doom. With a desperate cry, I summon every ounce of strength I have left, struggling against the icy prison that binds me.

But it’s no use. The cold seeps into my bones, sapping my strength and leaving me shivering and weak. As the skeletons draw closer, I can see the determination in their empty eye sockets, their weapons poised to strike.

Suddenly, a glimmer catches my eye, and I turn just in time to see an icy arrow hurtling towards my face at high speeds.

It’s too late to evade. So much for a new beginning, I guess…

I close my eyes, bracing for impact, a whirlwind of thoughts and regrets swirling through my mind. Is this how it ends? Alone, frozen, and facing certain death?

I close my eyes and prepare myself for the inevitable. But just as all hope seems lost, a strange sensation washes over me, accompanied by a sudden absence of pain.

Opening one eye cautiously, I saw the arrow frozen in mid-air, suspended by some unseen force. It was as if time itself had stopped, granting me a moment of reprieve in the face of certain death.

Confused, I look around for any answer as to why everything, not just the arrow, froze in place. Even the waving of the leaves and glowing vines halted.

As the world around me freezes in suspended animation, my mind races to comprehend the inexplicable phenomenon unfolding before my eyes. It’s as if time itself has come to a standstill, granting me a brief respite from the impending doom that looms over me like a dark cloud.

Suddenly, a soft glow begins to emanate from the frozen space before me. The hues of purple, gold, and white entwine, casting ethereal patterns that seem to pulse with a life of their own.

The glow coalesces into a translucent screen that hovers in mid-air. It’s a fantastical tableau that seems to exist beyond divinity.

« Gifts (1) »

« FROM ANONYMOUS#5042 »

  • Absolute Resurrection x1

« Open? »

What? ‘Gifts’? ‘Absolute Resurrection’? What’s this… thing floating in front of me?

New mail… The words hang in the air, laden with mystery and intrigue, prompting me to uncertainly press my finger against ‘Open?’.

The screen shimmers for a moment before revealing the contents of the message. Words materialize on the screen, written in a script that seems both ancient and futuristic at the same time. My heart pounds in my chest as I read the message, my mind struggling to process the implications of what I’m seeing.

« HERE’S A GIFT FROM: ANONYMOUS#5042 »

« MESSAGE »

“It appears your life is about to perish, so here lies a skill to rectify that.”

« CONTENTS »

1.  [Absolute Resurrection] Type: Skill (Transcendental Recovery2 + Passive)

User is capable of coming back to life from any state, whether that be dead or non-existent, regardless of anything that prevents them from doing so.

« Accept / Decline »

The words linger in the air, their weight sinking into my consciousness. Absolute Resurrection? The implications of such a skill are staggering. To be able to defy death itself, to rise again no matter the circumstances… It’s a power beyond comprehension, beyond anything I could have imagined.

But as I digest the message, a surge of conflicting emotions floods through me. Relief mingles with apprehension, and hope is intertwined with fear. Is this truly a gift, or a curse in disguise?

The ability to cheat death may offer salvation in the face of impending peril, but what price must I pay for such power?

Questions swirl in my mind, unanswered and unsettling. It’s hard to shake off the feeling of unease that’s been gnawing at me.

How did this anonymous person know of my approaching death?

What motives lie behind this selfless deed?

Can I even trust the honesty of this gift?

But as I sit here, lost in thought, I realise that these questions are not the only things that bother me.

Why am I thinking like this? This doesn’t sound like me at all. There’s too much going on at once for me to even process anything!

Despite all the confusion and doubts, I know what I have to do. I press the accept button without hesitation. I don’t want to die; it’s an obvious choice.

The screen fades away with a melodic ‘ding!’, and a strange and otherworldly sensation washes over me, leaving me feeling disoriented and confused.

Time seems to speed up again and so does the arrow that was hurtling towards me. It becomes a blur, a deadly projectile aimed straight at my skull.

A million thoughts race through my mind in the split second before impact. Memories of my past life flash before my eyes—the relentless bullying, the loneliness, the feeling of never belonging. Was this my fate? To meet a sudden and untimely end in a world I barely understand?

And then, it happens. The arrow strikes true, its sharp tip piercing my skull with brutal force.

"—...!"

For a moment, there is only darkness, an icy embrace that threatens to swallow me whole.

As I drift into the void between life and death, something becomes clear.

I died. Or at least, I should have.

Instead, I find myself suspended in a strange limbo, neither fully alive nor completely consumed by oblivion.

It’s a surreal experience, being caught in this state of existence. I’m just floating here, in this abyss. Alone.

But just as suddenly, I feel myself being pulled back. Like something is calling me, urging me to return to the world of the living.

With a blinding light, I find myself back at the massive tree where I first woke up, the familiar surroundings where my journey in this strange world began, I can’t help but feel a sense of disorientation and confusion. One moment, I was faced with the inevitability of death, and the next, I’m back where I started, as if nothing ever happened.

I take a moment to collect my thoughts, my mind reeling from the surreal experience I’ve just endured.

But first things first—I need to survive. The skeletons lurking in the shadows haven’t noticed me yet, and stealth may be my best chance at avoiding a confrontation. I may not be the stealthiest person, but desperate times call for desperate measures.


PART 4: Skeletal Skirmish

“This isn’t like me at all…”

I sigh to myself, feeling a sense of unease settle over me once more. The old me, the one who was used to being pushed around and bullied, would have cowered in fear at the sight of these skeletal figures. But here I am, determined to face them head-on, despite my trembling limbs and racing heart.

With a deep breath, I steel myself for what’s to come. The old me would have run away, but not anymore. I’ve been given a new beginning—a second chance—and although I can now resurrect myself possibly an infinite number of times, I fear that if I don’t do this, I’ll be in an endless loop of life and death.

I reach the pack of frost skeletons, I’ll call them; they all seem to be wondering where my body is as I sneak behind one of them.

As I reach out to strike, my hand hovers inches from its skull. I can feel the chilliness of its unnatural aura radiating from its undead form.

With a sudden burst of speed, my hand clenches into a fist and lunges forward, connecting with the back of its skull at speeds that surprise me.

With one lethal punch, the frost skeleton collapsed. Lifeless.

What the… Just one hit? I don’t remember being this strong or fast. Is it this new body? Or have I been underestimating myself all this time?

My mind is filled with questions I know are unlikely to be answered anytime soon. But then my attention is suddenly drawn towards a multitude of tiny orbs, blending radiant gold with vibrant emerald green.

They float towards me, circling me with their warm embrace before ultimately merging with my heart.

The feeling is strange, but it fills me with a sense of power I never knew I could feel.

It’s strange, really. Just moments ago, I was quaking in my boots at the sight of these undead creatures, and now here I am, having knocked one out with a single punch. Who knew I had it in me?

Despite the rush of adrenaline and the sense of invincibility that comes with it, I can’t shake off the sobering reality of my situation.

There are still more frost skeletons lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike. And as if on cue, a spike of ice erupts from the ground, aimed directly at my chest.

The impact is sudden and brutal, the icy shard piercing through my flesh with merciless precision. I can taste the metallic tang of blood as it fills my mouth, my vision blurring as darkness threatens to engulf me once more.

But even as consciousness slips away, I can’t help but marvel at the sheer ferocity of these skeletal adversaries.

They may be weak individually, but their combined strength is nothing to scoff at.

It’s a harsh lesson, a reminder that overconfidence can be a fatal flaw.

With a sharp gasp and another blinding light, I jolt back to consciousness, the taste of blood lingering on my lips as I struggle to make sense of what had just happened. Like last time, the pain has vanished completely, and I’m back at the big purple tree from before.

“This… isn’t how I imagined things going…” I mutter to myself.

The adrenaline rush faded, leaving behind a numbing sense of disbelief and frustration.

Seriously, what are these creatures? Where did they even come from?

With a sense of desperation gnawing at my insides, I frantically search for any semblance of understanding amidst the chaos. It’s like groping in the dark, hoping to find a glimmer of light to guide me through the shadows.

And then, like a ray of hope cutting through the darkness, I remember the translucent screen interface that appeared earlier. With a sense of urgency, I try various methods to trigger it once more.

Calling out its name out loud? No response.

Calling out its name internally? Nothing.

Trying out meaningless hand signs? Silence.

But then, just as I’m about to give up hope, a single word echoes in my mind: “Open.”

With my heart racing and my breath bated, I utter the word silently, hoping against hope that it might work. And then, almost miraculously, the divine-looking screen appears once more, beckoning me with its tantalising glow. But this time, it's not on the "Gifts" screen.

No, this time it's something different—something that I'd never seen before.

« WELCOME SORA MUGENSHI! »
Status Evolution Circle [LOCKED]
Inventory Skill Tree [LOCKED]
Advance Breakthrough [LOCKED]
Quests The Forge [LOCKED]
Bestiary Lore
PAGE 1

It presents me with a series of options, each one holding the promise of unlocking a deeper level of understanding and empowerment.

Finally, after scanning each choice, I take a deep breath, and my fingers hover over the button labelled "Status." before I press down firmly.

« STATUS »

Name: Sora Mugenshi

Class: Undefined

Titles: None

Race: Human

« LEVELS / RANKS » « ATTRIBUTES »
Lv. 2 [2,367 / 3,400 EXP] ATTRIBUTE POINTS: 0 [+]
Ascension 0 [Lv. 2 / 100] HP: 120 / 120 STR: 9 (+6) M STR: 5
Transcension 0 [Asc. 0 / 100] MP: 90 / 90 [18 MP/min] DEF: 6 (+6) M DEF: 4
Rank: Classless (No boosts) LUCK: +10% STA: 200 / 200 SPD: 9
Breakthrough Rank: 0 (No Boosts) [B-EXP. 0 / 500] CRIT. CHANCE: 0.55% (+0.05% From LUCK)

Forge Rank: 0 (No Boosts) [F-EXP. 0 / 6000] CRIT. STRENGTH: x2.5 DMG
« PERKS (1) » « TOTAL SKILLS (3) »

Descriptions: Open (↓)

1. Titan's Growth (Uncommon): Boosts STR and DEF linearly with the user's level.

« SKILLS (2) »
SKILL POINTS: 0 [+]

Descriptions: Open (↓)

1. Analyse (Basic Utility | Lv. 1): User is capable of assessing the basic level, skills, and attributes of an organism. [MP Usage 15 MP | Duration: User holds the knowledge indefinitely]

2. Swift Strike (Basic Martial | Lv. 2): User gains 150% increased speed and precision in combat. [MP Usage: 25 MP | Duration: 20 Seconds]

« ASCENSION SKILLS (0) »
« TRANSCENSION SKILLS (1) »

1. Absolute Resurrection (Transcendental Recovery2 + Passive | Max Lv.): User is capable of coming back to life from any state, whether that be dead or non-existent, regardless of anything that prevents them from doing so. [MP Usage: 0 MP | Passive Skill]

Why do I feel like I'm trapped in some kind of game? And why have I started at level two with a perk? Did I get that from killing one skeleton? No... I doubt that.

The screen displays a wealth of information. It's overwhelming, to say the least. I scan the details, trying to make sense of the numbers and symbols staring back at me.

"Rank and class are undefined. Great. I'm not even sure where I stand in this world, let alone what I'm supposed to do. And titles? None. Guess I'm just your average nobody, huh? Not surprising..."

With a sigh, I shake my head, pushing aside the doubts that threaten to overwhelm me.

It's like I've been thrown into the deep end without a life raft. Everything about this situation feels surreal, like I'm caught in the middle of a bizarre dream that I can't wake up from. But this is no dream. The pain, the fear, the confusion—it all feels too real to be anything but.

Analyse... Swift Strike... The names roll off my tongue as I mull them over, trying to grasp their significance. They're like tools in a toolbox, each one designed to serve a specific purpose. But without knowing how to wield them, they're about as useful as a hammer to a fish.

How do I use these? Is it as simple as saying their names, or do I need to perform some kind of gesture?

I glance around nervously, half-expecting the answers to magically appear before me.

But of course, life isn't that convenient. I'm on my own, left to navigate this strange new world with nothing but my wits and whatever abilities I've been granted. And right now, I'm sorely lacking in both.

With a resigned sigh, I close the interface and push myself up from the ground. There's no point dwelling on the tensions of the past or the daunting challenges that lie ahead. All I can do is take things one step at a time, trusting in my instincts and learning from each new experience.

I quietly return to the dense forest beyond the open clearing, hoping to blend in with the surroundings. I focus on my movements, trying to avoid making any noise that might give away my presence. As I enter the thick foliage, I slow down my pace and take deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart. Once I feel more composed, I resume my stealthy progress, my eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger.

The frost skeletons seem to freeze in their tracks after they've killed me... Are they protecting something? ... Eh, it doesn't matter... Let's just hope for the best.

After thinking those last words, I silently utter in my mind, "Analyse," hoping for the expected outcome. it worked with the screen, It'd make sense to assume it works with the skills too.

Instantly, the world around me seems to come alive with new information.

The skeletons' levels and abilities. But not just the skeletons; the hidden, glimmering beetles, and fairies I didn't even know were here displayed information too.

It's like peering through a foggy window and suddenly wiping away the condensation, revealing the scene beyond with startling clarity. It's disorienting at first, but I quickly grow accustomed to the influx of information.

The frost skeletons' levels are lower than I expected: A range between levels 2 and 5. Their stats aren't great either. Most of them have low HP and MP, and only a few seem to have any skills similar to the ice spike that killed me.

I continue analysing the frost skeletons, noting their strengths and weaknesses. One thing becomes clear: these creatures are far from invincible. With the right strategy, it should be possible to defeat them.

If I want to survive in this world, I need to learn how to use my abilities effectively. That means testing out Swift Strike and seeing if it's as good as advertised.

Taking a deep breath, I steel myself for what's to come. Then, with a silent prayer, I activate the skill.

I feel my speed increase, and my movements becoming faster and more fluid. I lunged towards a frost skeleton with a fierce cry, my fist connecting with its skull. This one didn't die immediately like the other ones did, buying time for the other skeletons to approach me with their bows raised.

I dodge arrow after arrow, weaving my way through the barrage of projectiles. I deliver a series of quick punches, each one landing with deadly precision. The skeleton I'm attacking falters slightly, giving me an opening to finish it off with a decisive strike.

It feels as if my overall agility and strength have been reworked, it must be this new body.

The others continue firing their arrows, but my improved reflexes allow me to easily avoid the incoming missiles. I move with agility and grace, dancing through the battlefield like a whirlwind of destruction.

It's exhilarating, to feel the power coursing through my veins. Though, I know I only have twenty seconds left before it runs out. So I better make every second count.

The frost skeletons continue their relentless assault, but I'm unfazed by their attempts to stop me. I dart around with ease, avoiding their attacks while delivering devastating blows of my own.

Another spike of ice threatens to cut my life short, but I swiftly dodge it, leaving the skeleton wide open for me to land a critical hit.

They try to surround me, but I'm too fast for them. I duck under a swinging fist, then deliver a fierce uppercut that sends the skeleton flying backwards. Another tries to flank me, but I lash out with a roundhouse kick I didn't even know I was capable of, knocking it off balance.

Only ten seconds left, and there are still five skeletons left. But I'm determined to see this fight through to the end.

I weave through the melee with practised ease, striking with deadly accuracy. Each blow lands with devastating force, shattering bone and sending fragments flying in all directions. The skeletons are starting to slow down now, their movements growing sluggish as they struggle to keep up with my relentless assault.

Five seconds remain and I deliver a flurry of kicks and punches, each one finding its target with pinpoint precision.

Four seconds... Three... Two...

One.

The final skeleton collapses to the ground, defeated. I stand amidst the carnage, breathing heavily. It feels good to finally win a fight for once. To prove that I'm more than just a victim. I just wish I had this much confidence in my past life—and strength.

But I push those thoughts aside, focusing instead on the victory I've claimed.

"Yes!" I exclaim triumphantly as the small, glowing orbs  from before materialise above the frost skeleton corpses.

« 3,780 EXP GAINED »

« +1 LEVEL GAINED [Prog. To Next: 1,413 / 6,200 EXP] »

« +1 SKILL POINT GAINED, +2 ATTRIBUTE POINT GAINED »

I raise my arms in the air, basking in the momentary rush of adrenaline. I want to savour this feeling for as long as possible.

I rest against a nearby tree, feeling its pristine warmth seep into my back. The cold breeze tickles my cheeks, bringing with it the faint scent of pine needles and fresh earth.

I look up at the sky, admiring its midnight colours as the stars shine brightly overhead, illuminating the darkness with their soft glow. It's a beautiful sight, one that fills me with awe and wonder.

For a brief instant, all my worries fade away, replaced by a sense of peace and contentment. In this moment, nothing else matters except for the present moment. Just me and nature, connected through our shared humanity.

Then reality comes crashing down around me, and the weight of my situation settles firmly upon my shoulders once more. I'm still stuck in this forest, with all these dangers...

It said I have a skill point and two attribute points, maybe I should try upgrading something...


PART 4.5: Strengthening Status

I open my status menu again, deciding to allocate my new points.

« STATUS »

Name: Sora Mugenshi

Class: Undefined

Titles: None

Race: Human

« LEVELS / RANKS » « ATTRIBUTES »
Lv. 3 [1,413/ 6,200 EXP] ATTRIBUTE POINTS: 2 [+]
Ascension 0 [Lv. 3 / 100] HP: 150 / 150 STR: 9 (+9) M STR: 5
Transcension 0 [Asc. 0 / 100] MP: 100 / 100 [20 MP/min] DEF: 6 (+9) M DEF: 4
Rank: Classless (No Boosts) LUCK: +11% STA: 215 / 215 SPD: 9
Breakthrough Rank: 0 (No Boosts) [B-EXP. 0 / 500] CRIT. CHANCE: 0.605% (+0.105% From LUCK



Forge Rank: 0 (No Boosts) [F-EXP. 0 / 6000] CRIT. STRENGTH: x2.5 DMG
« PERKS (1) » « TOTAL SKILLS (3) »

Descriptions: Open (↓)

1. Titan's Growth (Uncommon): Boosts STR and DEF linearly with the user's level.

« SKILLS (2) »
SKILL POINTS: 1 [+]

Descriptions: Open (↓)

1. Analyse (Basic Utility | Lv. 1): User is capable of assessing the basic level, skills, and attributes of an organism. [MP Usage 15 MP | Duration: User holds the knowledge indefinitely]

2. Swift Strike (Basic Martial | Lv. 2): User gains 150% increased speed and precision in combat. [MP Usage: 25 MP | Duration: 20 Seconds]

« ASCENSION SKILLS (0) »
« TRANSCENSION SKILLS (1) »

1. Absolute Resurrection (Transcendental Recovery2 + Passive | Max Lv.): User is capable of coming back to life from any state, whether that be dead or non-existent, regardless of anything that prevents them from doing so. [MP Usage: 0 MP | Passive Skill]

I press my finger against the "+" button, curious to see what's available this time.

The screen shows another mosaic of options stretching out before me with a guide.

« ATTRIBUTE POINTS : +5 | SKILL POINTS: +1 LEVEL »

I see...

So, using attribute points increases my chosen attribute by five points, while using skill points grants me an extra skill level.

I think for a moment, considering my options carefully. Would it be beneficial to upgrade defence? Or perhaps strength? My speed could also use some improvement... So many choices, so little time.

After a not-so-careful deliberation, I decide to invest one attribute point into defence, increasing it by five points.

I still have one more attribute point left to spend. Should I increase defence further? Or should I try something different? Strength? Stamina? Perhaps even luck?

Eventually, I settle on investing my remaining attribute point into strength, giving it a boost of five points. Now my punches will hit harder

With my decision made, I move on to the next step—upgrading a skill.

My choice here seems obvious. Swift Strike has proven itself invaluable during combat, allowing me to dodge attacks and retaliate quickly. Increasing its level will only make it more effective.

I tap on the option and confirm my selection. Immediately after doing so, my body begins to tingle with energy as power surges through me. It feels incredible. Like nothing else I've ever experienced before.

This must be what it feels like to truly become strong.

Now that I'm done upgrading myself, I close the status window and begin exploring again.

This world is interesting, to say the least... I wish Asano could see this, too. She'd love it... Well, minus the monster bit.

I feel kind of bad for abandoning her back on Earth... Now that I'm gone, those bullies are sure to target her, as she's 'the girl that's friends with that loser' or whatever bullshit excuse they come up with to justify their cruelty.

I sigh as I start to feel worried, mixed with guilt. There's no use dwelling on past regrets, though; I just hope Asano is alright.

The darkness of the night above rains down on me, and the whispers of nature echo in my ears.

It makes me wonder... If that mysterious voice has the power to bring me to this world, can it also bring me back to earth?

There's a lot I don't know about this place yet, but hopefully, I'll find answers soon enough. Until then, I need to keep moving forward.

Steadily, I continue trekking deeper into the woods, listening intently for signs of danger.

However, as I progress through the forest, a strange sensation begins tugging at my senses. Something feels off... Almost unnatural. I stop dead in my tracks, scanning my surroundings warily. Nothing appears out of place... But why do I feel so uneasy?

Suddenly, the sound of running footsteps draws near. They sound human... Or humanoid, at least.

1