Prologue
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a world once shielded from the existence of gods and reveling in tranquility, the unexpected arrival of the nebula system shattered the peace. Crafted by the Primordial god Aether through the game of the Primordial, this system plunged the realm into madness and greed, as individuals vied for the power resting on the elusive final floor—a power capable of shaping the very fabric of reality.

The nebula system, dividing individuals into Magic, Body, Enchantment, and Infinity sectors, became both a coveted prize and a perilous burden. Those possessing the system found themselves perched at the zenith of influence, yet their ascension invited envy and hostility from those hungry for the same power.

Amidst this chaotic landscape, an intriguing twist unfolds. A soul, consumed by deep-seated resentment towards the nebula entities, is granted a second chance at life after death. An enigmatic benefactor recognizes their unwavering commitment to eradicating all Nebulas and gifts them the very system they despise.

Armed with unexpected power, the protagonist becomes an unanticipated force in the struggle for dominance. Their journey is marked by a burning desire to reshape the world, restoring it to its former glory. As they navigate the intricacies of power, alliances, and betrayals, the protagonist grapples with the consequences of wielding the nebula system.

"Nebula's Embrace" weaves a tale of reluctant heroism, revenge, and redemption in a world where the boundaries between right and wrong blur in the pursuit of a singular, world-altering goal. As adversaries rise to thwart their mission, the protagonist faces the ultimate challenge—balancing the burden of power with the responsibility to wield it wisely, all while seeking a path to redemption in a universe defined by the embrace of nebula forces.

---

In the beginning, it is said that the chosen are picked by the system, and the ones that are not are chosen by something else after they die.

Slumped at a desk for hours, a girl with dirty blond hair that barely reaches her neck blinks slowly in front of a bright computer that seems to block out everything else in her vision.

"Latest news: the primordial tower has been set to let out all the forfeited students," the woman playing on the edge of her screen states.

The woman sitting on her chair pays no attention to such; her eyes are fixed on the work on top of the screen. "The tower," she mumbles, her voice drained of life.

"AZAR!" A voice she remembers so well resonates in the air.

She flies off her seat and stands in front of a man she is bound to, like a dog. Her heart pounds in fear as she knows what is to come next. He raises his fingers, which have sharpened claws digging into his nail beds.

"I thought I told you to finish these up." He throws papers at her face.

Azar flinches, but she keeps her mouth shut.

Suddenly, a slap sounds through the whole empty building. "Lesser beings should do as they are told!" he shouts.

Azar, with her scratched face bleeding, stands there, shocked; there is nothing she can do. Lesser beings with no system cannot talk back to a higher being.

He becomes even angrier because she didn't start groaning at his feet. "GET OUT!" he yells, his face red and steaming with anger. Azar drops to her knees immediately. Tears well up in her eyes, and she begs him, even kissing his shoes like a dog, but that is not enough.

He grabs her by the hair and drags her out of the room. Never wanting to see her again, he pulls her down the stairs, watches as her head splits open, and then throws her in the back of the alley. "Dumb bitch," he spits on her and leaves.

Pain courses throughout her body, but she still doesn't care about that man; she never wanted to see him or that building, so she will make herself forget. She stumbles to her feet, holding her head, and limps her way back to her house, but as she enters the lesser being area, fire is sent hurtling at her with incredible force.

She takes the hit and collapses to the ground, feeling the searing pain consume her body. "Look what we got here." A girl walks up, but her vision is too blurry to see her.

"I think she was trying to get away." A boy with slightly puffy silver hair crouches down next to her and whispers, "Looks like she's not going anywhere now."

They aren't teenagers, but adults like her.

But Azar reluctantly slowly closes her eyes and passes out.

0